Building Bella_SRT8 - Single Turbo Build - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 General Performance Discussion

WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:19 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
Forget an 88mm on a stock block. Unless you're wanting over 1000rwhp, a 7675CEA BB is all you need. Trust me.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
And that I will. Can't argue with the experience you have. That's for sure. 76mm It is.

Demon Performance Turbo kit - made 592whp and 677tq @7.5psi on bone stock exhaust, stock motor, and stock drivetrain
3.31 0-60mph trinity test
11.62 @ 120mph - 1.79 60ft @ 5.5psi

SPECIAL PRICING FOR FIRST 10 PURCHASES OF KIT - CLICK HERE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 07:46 PM

what supporting mods are needed for the PTE76 ? and what are the power gains? i do alot of business with pte and up until now was considering a blower.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

Well i can speak from experience of the turbos with my car, but supporting mods will be the same regardless of turbo or blower. You will be forcing more air into the engine, so you would need to increase the amount of fuel and tuning as well.

It is also dependent on what your goals are too... if you only planning on pushing 4-5psi of boost into the engine, you might be able to get away with a KB boost a pump or similiar setup with a slight upgrade injector size. But if you want lets say 10psi of boost, it is safer to swap upgrade fuel pumps and go with a bigger set of injectors.

The biggest difference between blowers and turbos are the efficiency of each setup. You will usually see higher gains from a turbo vs a blower on the same psi. This is the NORMAL case. there are always exceptions. But i know individuals running 10psi out of their blowers producing 550whp and i am pushing 8psi and have dynoed more then 600whp.

**just want to make clear i am speaking from past experiences with previous vehicles and my current vehicles- have not yet boosted the SRT8**

Last edited by Jeremy@DemonPerformance; 12-25-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCK SS View Post
Well i can speak from experience of the turbos with my car, but supporting mods will be the same regardless of turbo or blower. You will be forcing more air into the engine, so you would need to increase the amount of fuel and tuning as well.

It is also dependent on what your goals are too... if you only planning on pushing 4-5psi of boost into the engine, you might be able to get away with a KB boost a pump or similiar setup with a slight upgrade injector size. But if you want lets say 10psi of boost, it is safer to swap upgrade fuel pumps and go with a bigger set of injectors.

The biggest difference between blowers and turbos are the efficiency of each setup. You will usually see higher gains from a turbo vs a blower on the same psi. This is the NORMAL case. there are always exceptions. But i know individuals running 10psi out of their blowers producing 550whp and i am pushing 8psi and have dynoed more then 600whp.

**just want to make clear i am speaking from past experiences with previous vehicles and my current vehicles- have not yet boosted the SRT8**
Yeah I was referring to drivetrain and valve train. I have multiple twin turbo diesels , one making 775/1500 tq with pte 76mm over a Pte 63mm. It'll make 1100 on the juice. The other is a triple turbo setup with a pte 106 over a pte 82mm over a pte 66mm , triple compounded making 1200+ at low boost (100 psi). Just wondering about trans and valve float. Figured a blower would be easy 525 at the wheels and a lot less headache. For big power I will always choose turbo power.

Last edited by bigrpowr; 12-25-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Supporting Vendor

ah gotcha, as far as drivetrain i will let others chime in when it comes to the SRT8. Because i will be curious on that as well.

My guess is the drivetrain and valve train would be very capable of handling up to about 550whp.

anything over that i would think the weak point would be the Transfer Case. i also do know a member on here just recently ordered a trans because his was not holiding up to a procharger D1 kit. But he had over 100k miles i believe.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Premium Member

Pink lug nuts ftw! A site first!

SHR motor and War Viking Transmission, Apache heads
ProPower Performance Cam, Twin Turbo Creations boosted,
Progress like a federal highway....

The Following User Says Thank You to Muellge For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2012, 08:38 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muellge View Post
Pink lug nuts ftw! A site first!
haha just told my wife you said this and she said YAY! i made a good choice. lol.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:39 PM

Goodluck on the build. Also, I read your build timeline on your Camaro... damn you have had one heck of a ride with that. Keep up the good work.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL SRT8 View Post
Goodluck on the build. Also, I read your build timeline on your Camaro... damn you have had one heck of a ride with that. Keep up the good work.
haha thanks man! And yes the 3 year journey has had its sets of ups and downs. Just glad i got it back and can finish what i started.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

I would get a set of blue top solenoids or a valvebody for the trans at least. A trans upgrade is inevitable, either one of those will buy you some time.
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.