Building Bella_SRT8 - Single Turbo Build - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 General Performance Discussion

WK1 General Performance Discussion If you are planning on modifying your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 with a performance enhancing modification, this is the section to post about it.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCK SS View Post
Thank you much! from the plans i have it looks like it will be a similiar setup to yours. Hows lag with the 88mm?

appreciate the suggestion. Due to it being her daily driver, i want to avoid taking apart the engine as much as possible and she asked specifically for a turbo lol. My car on the other hand i will be forging and stroking mine in addition to the twin turbo setup, but i would like to keep hers stock. I dont want to give her too much power at first. The turbo kit will be built by the shop that has done all the work on my cars including fabbing up the twin turbo kit i have on my camaro.
Cool on the turbo, no shops around here fabbing up turbo kits for the Jeeps (at least none that I am aware of). As for the motor, buy the 426 and its just an engine swap over the weekend. No real downtime.
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.

Powered by PWR Tooned by Johan Blinged by Billet Technologies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaz View Post
Cool on the turbo, no shops around here fabbing up turbo kits for the Jeeps (at least none that I am aware of). As for the motor, buy the 426 and its just an engine swap over the weekend. No real downtime.
It will be a custom made kit, not a bolt on. So all pipes will be bent and welded at the shop i go to. I like to be unique so I have never bought a bolt on kit, i have this shop build a customer fabbed one. Yes it involves a little bit of down time but it saves a ton of money. Plus he is a sponsor on my website so i get a fair price.

As far as the 426 i personally cant afford to by a whole seperate motor, and if i were to get a forged motor i would assemble it myself in the future. my projects take time because i dont have enough money to have it all at once. A lot of planning and a lot of budgeting.

So right now best bang for my buck would be adding boost. Down the road though i plan to upgrade to the 426.

Demon Performance Turbo kit - made 592whp and 677tq @7.5psi on bone stock exhaust, stock motor, and stock drivetrain
3.31 0-60mph trinity test
11.62 @ 120mph - 1.79 60ft @ 5.5psi

SPECIAL PRICING FOR KITS - CLICK HERE
Old 12-24-2012, 11:54 AM

Quote:
960 on mild boost. That is awesome. How much is that exactly?

Plus i see you have the stroked build as well which would help with the spool. I was anticipating a little bit of lag with the stock internals and discplacement but for her i think that would be better for now. And it will leave room to grow too.
Oh. I didn't see you weren't opening your engine. If I were you I would do a 76 on a stock block, perfect daily set up. A few guys run that. Spools quick and is fast as hell. 88 might be a little too much for a stock block IMO.

And mine does that 960 on 15 lbs of boost. But as you said fully built and all optioned 426.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
All work done at KING MOTORSPORTS

RIP RoKDoG

My Jeep... http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=62004
Old 12-24-2012, 12:03 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylandm3 View Post
Oh. I didn't see you weren't opening your engine. If I were you I would do a 76 on a stock block, perfect daily set up. A few guys run that. Spools quick and is fast as hell. 88 might be a little too much for a stock block IMO.

And mine does that 960 on 15 lbs of boost. But as you said fully built and all optioned 426.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Yeah i am trying to stay controlled with this build because it is my wife's car and i am not comfortable with her reaching those extreme power levels now.

I will take your advice as i am not familiar with how these engines flow. An 88mm on my LS3 would spool very quickly so i have to keep reminding myself this is a different beast. Thanks for that.

as far as my boost levels i am thinking 5psi on the street and 8-9 for strip.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:04 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Congrat and good luck to both of you.

The Following User Says Thank You to petersrt8 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,033 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaz View Post
Is Tim still tuning and Mr. Norms still around? Last I heard Tim was ModularPowerHouse now. Unless he is doing both or neither or what I heard wasn't true. But I think I read it on the internet, so it much be true.
Yeah last I heard his shop has a phone dedicated to each shop one for Mr. Norms and the other for MPH. The reason he has MPH is because he is building up a Ford customer base from what I seen on another forum... Also had a friend just contact him about 2 weeks ago on tuning his HEMI and said he could do it....
Old 12-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
That sounds like an awesome list of mods. Good luck with all of it. She will most definitely enjoy that jeep.
The Following User Says Thank You to DrSheldonCooper For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 12:21 PM
DONE
Lifetime Premium Member

Congrats on the new ride!

The Following User Says Thank You to mondo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersrt8 View Post
Congrat and good luck to both of you.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheldonCooper View Post
That sounds like an awesome list of mods. Good luck with all of it. She will most definitely enjoy that jeep.
Appreciate it! so far she is loving it and so am i! much better than a scion tc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo View Post
Congrats on the new ride!
Thanks! Looks like I will be seeking advice from you as well! very nice build!

Everyone here has been great.I Like the energy and enthusiasm on this forum. A little different then others i have been on!

Last edited by Jeremy@DemonPerformance; 12-24-2012 at 12:57 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy@DemonPerformance For This Useful Post:
mondo (12-24-2012)
Old 12-24-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
It will be a custom made kit, not a bolt on. So all pipes will be bent and welded at the shop i go to. I like to be unique so I have never bought a bolt on kit, i have this shop build a customer fabbed one. Yes it involves a little bit of down time but it saves a ton of money. Plus he is a sponsor on my website so i get a fair price.

As far as the 426 i personally cant afford to by a whole seperate motor, and if i were to get a forged motor i would assemble it myself in the future. my projects take time because i dont have enough money to have it all at once. A lot of planning and a lot of budgeting.

So right now best bang for my buck would be adding boost. Down the road though i plan to upgrade to the 426.
That's what I was saying, good to know that there is somewhere somewhat local that can fab up a system. TTC is the only bolt-on style kit that is available. You'd have to send your Jeep to Stage6 for their turbo setup as they custom fab the piping as well.
The 426 was just an option/suggestion as it meets your goals, minimal downtime, and probably close to a turbo setup price wise, well not so much since your sponsor is helping you on the price.
Good Luck with the build and looking forward to the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.