This Car Is One Expense Car To Own!! - Page 6 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-23-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regency View Post
Ahh makes sence now need to go get me sum!
If you're going to go with dead bookers over live hookers, make sure to use industrial strength garbage bags. They are just built better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regency View Post
Ahh makes sence now need to go get me sum!
Hookers tend to stay away from young bucks....LOL

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

www.dingsracing.com
I'm gettting frustrated with modding
Old 12-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

Haha good one harvey!

2007 Silver SRT
Boost Coming 2015

Quad Retrofit-Chrome Delete-Tint-Satin Black 22"s-Toyo Proxes STII-Solo Exhaust-RM 1.7"-Painted Roof Rails-Trinity-9500ix-Pioneer HU-Alpine Door Speakers-Diamond Audio 12"s-Billet Tech Underhood Kit-6K Highs/Lows/Fogs-Billet Tech Door Locks-TLS LED Tails-LED Rear Fogs-Cree 6K Reverse Lights-Billet Tech Catch Can-Dynamat-R1 Drilled Rotors-Stoptech Brake Pads-Tinted Tails
-Johan Tune
Old 12-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,176 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsrt View Post
Hookers tend to stay away from young bucks....LOL

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
That's cause y'all are broke as a joke and can't last more than a minute!!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Old 12-23-2012, 11:40 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Hookers down in Tijuana are $60. Anyone can afford that

2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 12-24-2012, 01:43 AM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

Look guys I spend big money to get mine from the vegas strip ain't got nothing on me
Old 12-25-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
That's cause y'all are broke as a joke and can't last more than a minute!!

lol Hey Now! Im 31 and i just bought my Alpine so i am broke but I can last almost 1.45 mins
Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Ive been looking at Gallardos lately too but i cant swing an 09+ so ive been looking at the 05-08 range. Looking at pics makes the desire to own even worse. But every time i think of buying one all i can think about is having to pay for a new engine or tranny should something happen. While i can afford a replacement i dont want to have to stomach that cost when i could use that money other places or for some crazy mods on another car. This makes me think i dont have enough cash for an exotic; should prolly have enough that spending the money for a replacement is a non-factor (or maybe im just too practical to spend that kinda dough).

Really it doesnt make any sense to me to buy a gallardo when i can get a 911 turbo or a new Viper which are both just as fast, if not faster, under warranty, and still more rare than a zr1 or R8 (albeit maybe not exotic).

Thoughts?

Other Rides:
2007 997 Turbo...2009 CBR600RR

Past Rides:
2006 Corvette Z06............2011 WRX STi Wagon
2001 CBR600F4i................2010 335i (330rwhp)..
2010 Camaro SS...............2006 Lexus IS350......
2005 Saab 92x (280awhp)..2005 Corvette
2003 WRX (285awhp)........1986 Corvette
Old 12-26-2012, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiSRT8 View Post
Ive been looking at Gallardos lately too but i cant swing an 09+ so ive been looking at the 05-08 range. Looking at pics makes the desire to own even worse. But every time i think of buying one all i can think about is having to pay for a new engine or tranny should something happen. While i can afford a replacement i dont want to have to stomach that cost when i could use that money other places or for some crazy mods on another car. This makes me think i dont have enough cash for an exotic; should prolly have enough that spending the money for a replacement is a non-factor (or maybe im just too practical to spend that kinda dough).

Really it doesnt make any sense to me to buy a gallardo when i can get a 911 turbo or a new Viper which are both just as fast, if not faster, under warranty, and still more rare than a zr1 or R8 (albeit maybe not exotic).

Thoughts?
Many thoughts. But probably none of which will help you.

as far as the Gallardo goes, fantastic car, someone drove one around the world just because he could. On the other hand, like you say, if the transmission or engine go, one can only imagine the replacement value.

I've been told some porsches get into the 60,000 range for replacement engines, so I can only imagine what it would be for a Gallardo.

Porches are reliable like old clocks but in some cases, can be about as boring

to me, it sounds like you're making excuses not to purchase one, and they are good excuses. It's not like you could park it at a mall to go shopping. It serves no purpose other then to go for random drives and pick up girls which is a good purpose to some.

I have a reproduction porsche 356 speedster, and I'm even scared to leave it places for too long, and it's worth about 35,000.

so what you have to ask yourself is, "which 'head' should I be using to make this decision"

If you are like my dad and put 1,500 miles per year on a toy car, you're going to end up spending more upkeeping it from lack of use then you would if you 5,000 miles, and then you'd have to spend more per year running it if you drove it 7,000+ per year. If you ever track it, you're entering an entirely new ball park... What are your needs and demands of such a product?

Do you own a house, any plans on renovations, any chance of kids on the way? Or have you had kids and they are already living on their own and have no demands on your pocket? Basically, make a check list and check it twice. Any unexpected expenses can and will happen, and if you can afford to take care of those unexpected expenses and maintain an exotic car, then my suggestion is "you only live ones, make every minute count, but be responsible, because you don't want to outlive your source of income!"
Old 12-27-2012, 10:17 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loud8 View Post
Many thoughts. But probably none of which will help you.

as far as the Gallardo goes, fantastic car, someone drove one around the world just because he could. On the other hand, like you say, if the transmission or engine go, one can only imagine the replacement value.

I've been told some porsches get into the 60,000 range for replacement engines, so I can only imagine what it would be for a Gallardo.

Porches are reliable like old clocks but in some cases, can be about as boring

to me, it sounds like you're making excuses not to purchase one, and they are good excuses. It's not like you could park it at a mall to go shopping. It serves no purpose other then to go for random drives and pick up girls which is a good purpose to some.

I have a reproduction porsche 356 speedster, and I'm even scared to leave it places for too long, and it's worth about 35,000.

so what you have to ask yourself is, "which 'head' should I be using to make this decision"

If you are like my dad and put 1,500 miles per year on a toy car, you're going to end up spending more upkeeping it from lack of use then you would if you 5,000 miles, and then you'd have to spend more per year running it if you drove it 7,000+ per year. If you ever track it, you're entering an entirely new ball park... What are your needs and demands of such a product?

Do you own a house, any plans on renovations, any chance of kids on the way? Or have you had kids and they are already living on their own and have no demands on your pocket? Basically, make a check list and check it twice. Any unexpected expenses can and will happen, and if you can afford to take care of those unexpected expenses and maintain an exotic car, then my suggestion is "you only live ones, make every minute count, but be responsible, because you don't want to outlive your source of income!"
I agree with all this, need to get priorities straight first through a check list and then decide if its the right time for you to make the purchase. I see plenty of jackasses in my town living in 350k houses with 250k in mortgage payments and have 60k+ cars sitting in their drive ways...yeah that makes a lot of sense they put themselves more in debt on top of their mortgages when they've also got 2-3 teenagers. Lol, but if you've got less dependents and less responsibilities then it may just be the right time for you to get an "exotic".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.