WK2 door hinge detents........ anyone else hate this? - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-25-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellaheep View Post
Man....... I've never owned a car where I'M having to be careful about door-dinging someone else's car.

These hinges have 3 positions, barely open, just barely open enough and WIDE friggin' open. In the movement between the 2nd and last detent I have to make sure I keep my hand on the door and hold it as I get out to keep it from swinging into another car in a parking lot.

Getting in/out of this thing on a sloped driveway facing uphill is an exercise in stupidity! Either the door isn't open enough, or you have to lean way out to push it open or grab it to close it.

Love everything else about this Jeep........ but the door detents are retarded. Who the Eff designed these????

Rant off.
How big a boy are ya LOL!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Elite Contributing Member

I hold the door the entire time I'm entering and exiting. Just a habit of mine to prevent door dings.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

www.dingsracing.com
I'm gettting frustrated with modding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to WIPLASH For This Useful Post:
Regency (12-25-2012)
Old 12-30-2012, 08:16 AM

My 2nd detent is at 45 degrees and stops solidly. No complaint here.

Since everything is relative I should say that my last vehicle was a Wrangler. Try them doors on for size when you're facing downhill or there's a strong wind.

When it's time to circle the wagons, make sure all the rifles are pointing out.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:11 PM

Because of the amount of swing this door has it created a dent in my passenger door when my wife opened it and the wind caught it. Now the dealer won't put a claim into Jeep because they say it was the wind's fault. There's a huge gap in the alignment that was causing the door to stick or making it hard to open before the wind.

Anyone have this happen to them?

Now I'm off to Jeep to make my case.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:39 PM

Just park far away and you never have to worry about door dings. (Just have to watch out for runaway shopping carts) You also get the benefit of opening that door as wide as you wish! If your in the garage, just hold the door while exiting.

P.S. I drive my wife nuts studying the parking lot before parking, but my truck never gets dinged!

Last edited by metalaxe; 04-22-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalaxe View Post
Just park far away and you never have to worry about door dings. (Just have to watch out for runaway shopping carts) You also get the benefit of opening that door as wide as you wish! If your in the garage, just hold the door while exiting.

P.S. I drive my wife nuts studying the parking lot before parking, but my truck never gets dinged!
Same here!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 AM

Wow i just noticed this last nite when I fueled up for the first time. Last nite my door came within a millimeter of hitting the pump protector and i shit myself as i looked closely to see if I niked it... I had a SRT Charger prior to this and I've pulled up to this exact pump a million times with no issue now i have to watch myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.