Was wondering if anyone had any experince with these mopar crate engines. Found an all aluminum stroker engine in the mopar catalouge. After battling it out over a supercharger i think the stroker is what direction I want to go.
426 Hemi Crate Engine, 540 Horsepower
Mopar's newest crate engine pays homage to its legendary roots in this all new
aluminum Gen III Hemi. At 540 horsepower and 530 ft.-lbs. of torque (SAE
J1349), this Hemi is a real beast.
· 426 cubic-inches in a HEMI Gen III Siamese-Bore Block (P5155507)
· All Aluminum Cylinder Heads and Engine Block (4.0" Stroke X 4.125" Bore)
· Over 500 Horsepower and 500 lb-ft Torque
· Forged Crankshaft, Connecting Rods and Pistons
· 8620 HR billet steel main caps with 6-bolt (# 2/3/4) and 4-bolt (# 1/5) caps to
beef-up the bottom end for severe performance applications
· All HEMI Gen III dress items fit (front cover, oil pan, oil filter mounting, Front
End Accessory Drive (FEAD) etc.)
· Includes attachments for a front motor plate
P5155513 Crate Engine, 426 Hemi, Aluminum,
any advice would e great. had a quote from local egnine rebuilder for 10340$ to have them build me one, this one is priced at 6330 my cost and I get to keep my stock motor. I have a tuner lined up once the install is done. Hopefully this engine will be ok, but any advice would be great.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.