Hurst releases paddle shifter... - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM
One, two, GIT SUM!!
Lifetime Premium Member

I just posted up about wiring something strait into the esm wiring harness, since all it is, is a contact, it's just a modulating switch, one for up shift, and one for down shift. So if you could manually wire into a switch and remove the nickle contactor ( to take care of the codes that I'm sure will pop up) all you are doing is moving the switch in the esm from down there to your steering column..
'09 Jeep GC SRT8 Red Rock,6k hid fogs and high beams with 6 high mod,6k LED Interior,Billet Flat Black Shorty Antenna, Black Rims, Drilled/Slotted R1's w/ StopTechs, Red BT Catch Can, Resonator Delete with Borlas, Johan Tuned, JackHammer Paddle Shifters(first in the world)

'08 Yamaha R6, TwoBrothers Slip On, Fender Eliminator

'71 Volkswagen 1600cc Air Cooled DuneBuggy, now running and kicking ass !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Send a message via AIM to SRT-MANA
Re: Hurst releases paddle shifter...

TCI had a kit out for a while..I see your point...I was woundering why no one figured out why the tci kit wouldnt work..Im thinking the price is a big factor..that Hurst kit is alot cheaper..might be worth a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using AutoGuide.Com Free
Old 01-29-2013, 10:10 AM
One, two, GIT SUM!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Even a cheapo kit would work, as long as it has a switch in it, doesn't have to be a certain make it just can't be a digital switch. If someone had a spare esm and a harness I'd try it on my jeep..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.