Debit Card # stolen :/ - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn1 View Post
Just happened on Saturday to me. I have my card notify me if I spend $20 or more. Got a notification that someone spent $118 @ QVC. Second time in 6 months.
maybe it was the same person who stole mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 08:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudPedal View Post
Had my debit # stolen about 2 months ago. Have Chase also. They were all over that shit. Called me at 3am to verify fraudulent purchases made in the UK. The purchases were small at first then they ramped up and included a bill paying service. Someone was gonna have me pay their bills! Chase wiped em all off and sent out a new card.
i'm getting one UPSd to me.
should be here thursday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

Happened to me $300 dollars spent on the itunes store...

Weird right?

2007 Silver SRT
Boost Coming 2015

Quad Retrofit-Chrome Delete-Tint-Satin Black 22"s-Toyo Proxes STII-Solo Exhaust-RM 1.7"-Painted Roof Rails-Trinity-9500ix-Pioneer HU-Alpine Door Speakers-Diamond Audio 12"s-Billet Tech Underhood Kit-6K Highs/Lows/Fogs-Billet Tech Door Locks-TLS LED Tails-LED Rear Fogs-Cree 6K Reverse Lights-Billet Tech Catch Can-Dynamat-R1 Drilled Rotors-Stoptech Brake Pads-Tinted Tails
Old 12-04-2012, 08:27 PM
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,198 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmn1 View Post
Just happened on Saturday to me. I have my card notify me if I spend $20 or more. Got a notification that someone spent $118 @ QVC. Second time in 6 months.
$20 bucks, cheapskate, lol.

They called a few months ago about my debit card xbox purchase from game stop. They said that's a place people like to hit with fake purchases a lot. Andy racks up thousands in purchases at once & I never get a call about them???? But a $350 xbox come on.

Jim
Old 12-04-2012, 08:28 PM

had my debut compromised. seems they used a scan tool set up on a debut machine which reads your stripe info and records it .. they then use a near by camera to record your pin. then they simply load your card info onto a blank and away they go.

luckily my bank caught on when close to $1k was withdrawn from an ATM outside of my area. the thieves used a deposit/ withdrawal technique where they deposit an envelope full of paper and claim it is ** amount then withdrawal it seconds later. this way you won't notice any fluctuation in your funds ( for those who keep a close eye )
08' Sierra Denali - 6" BDF Lift
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

That happened all over the seattle area^^

Wouldn't be suprised if it was the same perps with how close we are
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&D's SRT's View Post
$20 bucks, cheapskate, lol.

They called a few months ago about my debit card xbox purchase from game stop. They said that's a place people like to hit with fake purchases a lot. Andy racks up thousands in purchases at once & I never get a call about them???? But a $350 xbox come on.

Jim
Out of your normal spending habits lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Night Stalker v2.0
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
I've had my debit card number stolen twice. The first time it was caught right away. The thief made a couple small donations to various charities to test it and then tried spending a couple grand at Cabela's. The Cabela's got denied and I got a call from my bank. My bank said that multiple small donations to charities are a red flag.

The second time somebody spent about $100 on gamer points for some EA online game. Any money that was stolen was returned by my bank immediately.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Today!!!!! F@^%

Ironic that you started this thread, I literally dealt with this today...
I spent over half an hour in line at the bank just to get a customer service phone #, spent 10-15 min working my way through the stupid automated computer guy just to be put on hold for about 10 more min for an associate.

Add it all up,
45 min at bank
20 min driving to & from bank
15 min stupid automated telephone guy
10 min hold
5 min talking to associate

95 min wasted cause some jerk took my card -.-

Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

I once was in a hurry at an ATM grabbing some cash for the nights outing. A few hours later I went to grab my debit card and it was gone. I freaked out and called to cancel the card ASAP. This was like a Friday or Saturday night pretty late. Turns out I left my ATM card in the machine during my rush to grab the cash. Luckily no one was behind me in line so the ATM defaults and sucks the cards in. Monday morning I got a call from the bank. Well, found out what happened to my card, but it was too late since I canceled it. Had to wait a couple days to get the replacement cars in the mail which sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.