Debit Card # stolen :/ - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
Debit Card # stolen :/

so i went to my local watering hole (brauer house) in lombard, and wanted to grab a beer/burger after work. well, after the burger and a few beers i went to pay, and my card got declined several times. i didn't know why because i knew i had monies in my account. well, when i called chase it turns out that on dec. 2nd someone was caught using a fake credit card with my exact number on my debit card. good thing chase caught onto this quickly and cancelled the card asap. freaks me out a little because i use my debit card all the time and what not. will probably second guess this and may start using cash more often. they said they'll call me as soon as they get a complete police report to let me know where the person was caught using it. supposedly the person has already been arrested and had several other fake cards with legit numbers on them. eeeek

anything like this ever happen to any of you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

I've been lucky so far. I've had plenty of times with my business travels bouncing around the USA that my card will be put on fraud alert. That's my own doing from having expenses showing up all over. Sometimes a pain in the butt because I'll have to call in and verify the charges, but still glad the banks are watching out. My banking statements are crazy, charges all over the place lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Last edited by Mongoose9400; 12-04-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Damn dude, how much did u lose?

Use cash as much as possible. Or credit card.

Sent from my balls.

www.dingsracing.com
I'm gettting frustrated with modding
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM

Garage
yeah man, it sucked. at first i was like why wasn't i called and notified about my card suddenly being cancelled, and the chase person said because i didn't update my phone number to my current one lol, my fault. like you said, i'm super glad they are keeping an eye out for that stuff. i will occasionally have to call and confirm a purchase, which i don't mind doing. they also told me that they have a policy not to call and notify anyone of "odd" activity after 9pm and i was like uhh wave that $hit and call me asap when you find something weird with my account, no matter the time. even if it's at like 3am.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungsrt View Post
Damn dude, how much did u lose?

Use cash as much as possible. Or credit card.

Sent from my balls.
nothing as of now, but i'm still waiting for anything purchased after december 2nd to show up on my recent activity. they said they'll take care of anything i don't approve of which is sweet.

i use my debit card as a credit card, which may have helped all of this being detected, as well as a report lol. if i ever do use it as a debit card and have to enter a PIN, my bank gets suspicious and calls me.

i think ill go old school and try to use cash more often.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

I have stuff set up with my accounts to get alerts via email and text. I had to set it up online in my banking settings.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
My credit card number was stolen about 5 years ago. Found out as I was checking into or hotel in Vegas for an anniversary and card was declined. Called visa and they said the card was used in three countries in less than an hour. I didn't even see the extra charges. Took a week to get a new visa and the wife (ex-wife now) had to pay for everything. Lol. Embarrassing at check in though

11.79@113
2008 Jeep GCSRT8 Procharger D1 SHR Viking and FTI 3200 stall
R1 rotors and stop techs, reso-delete,
Electric exhaust cuts outs
Demonized and tuned by Datoona!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 PM

Garage
3 countries in less than an hour? wow lol
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,560 Times in 1,145 Posts
Garage
Just happened on Saturday to me. I have my card notify me if I spend $20 or more. Got a notification that someone spent $118 @ QVC. Second time in 6 months.
Chad (06 Inferno Red GC SRT8) PWR 6.3L, PWR Apache Heads, Stage6 76 mm Turbo, Stage6 Fuel Pump, SHR NAG1-HTCr, PI 2400 TQ Converter, ATI Flex Plate, BC Coil Overs, Wilwood TC6R calipers, Kooks Headers, Mopar exhaust, MM 85mm T-body, Jerseyboy CMR, Bwoody Sway Links, R1 Concepts F Slot & Dimp, R StopTech Pads, Earls Trans Cooler, TLS Rear Fog Harness
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Had my debit # stolen about 2 months ago. Have Chase also. They were all over that shit. Called me at 3am to verify fraudulent purchases made in the UK. The purchases were small at first then they ramped up and included a bill paying service. Someone was gonna have me pay their bills! Chase wiped em all off and sent out a new card.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.