help with choosing Rear shocks - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Member Assistance / New Member Introductions / Site Problems > Member Assistance

Member Assistance Having problems navigating around the site, or need help accessing features? Post here!

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygreek SRT8 View Post
I already ordered, couldn't make my jeep wait any longer, next time
Just ordered mine on Monday, I couldn't wait any longer either! I can't wait to get them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 AM

So I put in my QA1s about two weeks ago now, originally had them set on 8, still bottoming out like crazy... Now I have them turned up to 12, and I still bottom out over small bumps and expansion pacts... The ride is really rough, I wouldn't mind it but the bottoming out is getting beyond annoying. I only have 36k miles and is all stock except for the shocks now, I never had this problem till maybe 10k miles ago and it has gotten worse and worse... What next? New rear springs? Or are the QA1s I got lemons? Thanks again
Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I have posted about this elsewhere but here goes again

Bottoming out is not a shock issue
Week standard or incorrect short springs cause it

The shock is only there to control the springs speed of travel NOT to limit it's travel

Shocks were a waste of mone as you are still bottoming out, it's your springs at fault
Interior led's, 5" tips, straight through resonators and front silencers, mopar tcm, SRT lower grille emblem, front side 35% tints, blue under hood kit from BT, BC coil overs, Stlllen headlight covers now gloss black.

How much more to spend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
rear, shock, suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.