Factory Reps/OEWheels prices? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Wheels & Tires Discussion

WK1 Wheels & Tires Discussion Discuss wheel and tire options here.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:34 AM
DiFava's Avatar
DiFava DiFava is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 136
Thanks: 4
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Factory Reps/OEWheels prices?

I'm somewhat new to the Jeep community and I know many of you have a set of Factory Reps. I'm looking for a winter set and want 4 20x9 reps(black). I'd like to hear what you guys have to say, reviews/issues about these places. I know I could get them from DemonPerformance too but haven't gotten a quote, but here is what I have so far.

Factory Reps - $759+129(shipping)= $888
<vendor info removed>
OEWheels - $594+89(shipping)= $683

Just wondering why they are so cheap from OEWheels. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
__________________
- Eric
- 07 GC SRT8
- 08 Shelby GT500
- 05 Mustang GT - SOLD
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 AM
meeper's Avatar
meeper meeper is offline
Elite Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Grove, PA
Posts: 2,715
Thanks: 13
Thanked 219 Times in 190 Posts
well some vendors are ok with making less points, that's all. i would elaborate more but cant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 AM
1BAMFR's Avatar
1BAMFR 1BAMFR is offline
DAYUM!!!
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: PA
Posts: 14,293
Thanks: 802
Thanked 1,512 Times in 951 Posts
I run factory reps in black 20's and chrome 22's.....never had any issues...they are great quality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:40 AM
DiFava's Avatar
DiFava DiFava is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 136
Thanks: 4
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
I'd hope the quality is good, I've seen zero complaints about that. My main concern is the price drop from oewheels.com compared to the others. I could buy 5 from them for the same price the others are going to charge me. I just don't want to make a a costly mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:23 AM
meeper's Avatar
meeper meeper is offline
Elite Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Grove, PA
Posts: 2,715
Thanks: 13
Thanked 219 Times in 190 Posts
well let me just say this, the wheels are all coming from the same tool no matter where you purchase them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 11-27-2012, 12:16 PM
AROD's Avatar
AROD AROD is offline
Major Contributing Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 1,144
Thanks: 50
Thanked 95 Times in 82 Posts
same wheels - FP offers more finish options as well as the staggared setup though.
also, 18" F10's with 255 rubber seem to be a very popular choice

also remember that for snow, the taller and narrower a tire the better !
__________________
| Eibach/Bilstein - 275/315 Proxes II | R1 Premium Cryo S&D w/Hawks | K00KS LT-DMH | BT-Catch | CAI | Pred | DC Custom |
Innocent victim of the "Buy Now" button.
07' Fully Built STi - Rotated GT35R- 545AWHP on pump
08' Sierra Denali - 6" BDF Lift
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM
seamonkey seamonkey is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
Thanks: 8
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiFava View Post
I'm somewhat new to the Jeep community and I know many of you have a set of Factory Reps. I'm looking for a winter set and want 4 20x9 reps(black). I'd like to hear what you guys have to say, reviews/issues about these places. I know I could get them from DemonPerformance too but haven't gotten a quote, but here is what I have so far.

Factory Reps - $759+129(shipping)= $888
<vendor info removed>
OEWheels - $594+89(shipping)= $683

Just wondering why they are so cheap from OEWheels. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.
i have oe wheels they are fine no problems with them whatsoever!

lol i find this funny how i just stated in another post how they were the cheapest around and everyone else was pushing for someone else. almost seems like no one really wants to help anyone here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 PM
DiFava's Avatar
DiFava DiFava is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MA
Posts: 136
Thanks: 4
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper View Post
well let me just say this, the wheels are all coming from the same tool no matter where you purchase them
Very true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROD View Post
same wheels - FP offers more finish options as well as the staggared setup though.
also, 18" F10's with 255 rubber seem to be a very popular choice

also remember that for snow, the taller and narrower a tire the better !
I hear ya. All I need are black ones, probably plasti-dip them for extra protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
i have oe wheels they are fine no problems with them whatsoever!

lol i find this funny how i just stated in another post how they were the cheapest around and everyone else was pushing for someone else. almost seems like no one really wants to help anyone here.
Really? Strange, didnt notice it when I searched. And thats why I started this post, I was just curious because of the low price and didnt know if anyone had purchased wheels from them. Looks like I will be doing that. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post up pics of 22" Factory reps! sbardy69 Pics & Video Showoff Section 2 10-06-2012 09:38 AM
Factory Reproductions: Best Prices JEEP IN 2014 WK1 Wheels & Tires Discussion 1 06-29-2012 07:36 AM
How to re-install factory tune with Predator after Tuner retune of factory original? silverbullet WK1 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges 2 07-24-2008 11:41 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
© AutoGuide