Best Buy service can kiss my ass!!! - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,180 Posts
Garage
Best Buy service can kiss my ass!!!

So my old Sony laptop I've had for a few years now broke on me. Nothing major but kinda. The charging jack in the computer cracked and broke and it got harder and harder for it to get a charge. So I took it in to the "Geek Squad" bastards. They sent it off. A few weeks later they say it'll be $617.00 to fix it b/c the charging jack is part of the mother board. I was like F Me and F that. I'll just buy a new one for that. So I did....... and I love my new Samsung by the way. Haha.

So I was talking with our I.T. guy JD. Tell him about the situation. He said let me see it. Calls me a few days later saying the new charging jack was on order and it was $6.XX from Amazon. There's even a freaking YouTube video on how to do it on Sony Vaio's!!! I was dumbfounded. He sent me a pic tonight of it charging again and fixed.

The damn charging jack PLUGS into the mother board. It was never a part of it. They freakin' lied to me. They charged me an $89 diagnotic fee(which they did refund b/c I didn't have it fixed) for nothing basically. I will NEVER EVER take anything back there to be fixed as long as I live and I'm going in there to have a nice chat with their manager.

He also cleaned up my Registry by 94%. Yikes..... no wonder the damn thing got so damn slow towards the end. Moral of the story is...... I.T. GUYS ROCK!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Haha damn Harrison, sounds like a good start to your holiday, lol I used to work there way back when, those people are crooked as hell..........hence the reason I didnt stick around too long.

The "Silver Bullet" ---- 2006 Jeep SRT8 - Gone but definitely not forgotten
Old 11-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Major Contributing Member

Garage
that may be a part of the reason why best buy is going out of business :/
Old 11-26-2012, 08:56 PM
Post whoring since 2011
Premium Member

They are greasy buggers man, reminds me of my poor brother replacing 2 different radiators when the problem was his freaking thermostat lol.
Harrison@Stage6 (11-26-2012)
Old 11-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,180 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim H Calgary View Post
They are greasy buggers man, reminds me of my poor brother replacing 2 different radiators when the problem was his freaking thermostat lol.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..... that actually made me LOL. That's sad man.

There's no doubt in my mind their losing business. No one there knows shit about anything. It's so rare to find someone working there who knows any product knowledge. It took them 45 mins to find my laptop I just bought. Online it said they had 5 of them. They found an opened one and I wouldn't take that. They gave me another with Windows 8 on it, mine had 7 on it. Finally they looked in the cabinet in the dead middle of the laptop section and boom..... there they were. I was like really? THAT of all places was the LAST place y'all looked? God help y'all.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,474 Times in 937 Posts
Yea Geek Squad is a total rip off! They make more money on installs/repairs and shit then they do on the products themselves...it's crazy! They always try to get my folks when they have old people issues trying to work stuff, I tell them every time to leave those jokers alone and let me handle it elsewhere for a fraction of the cost if any at all.
I wonder if they have Outback Steakhouses in the Outback?

2012-2014 Demon Performance Procharger Kits on sale now!!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:40 PM
PWR - Boosted & Stroked
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,531 Times in 1,198 Posts
Yup just fix the computer yourself from now on. They really aren't that hard to work on & everything is on the internet. Yes best buy does suck. I went there sat to buy Dawn a Sony portable bluray player so she can watch movies on it sitting in the couch & not have to mess with the home theater, it confuses her. Online said in stock, well it took 3 guys almost a half hour to find it.

Jim
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,063 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
So my old Sony laptop I've had for a few years now broke on me. Nothing major but kinda. The charging jack in the computer cracked and broke and it got harder and harder for it to get a charge. So I took it in to the "Geek Squad" bastards. They sent it off. A few weeks later they say it'll be $617.00 to fix it b/c the charging jack is part of the mother board. I was like F Me and F that. I'll just buy a new one for that. So I did....... and I love my new Samsung by the way. Haha.

So I was talking with our I.T. guy JD. Tell him about the situation. He said let me see it. Calls me a few days later saying the new charging jack was on order and it was $6.XX from Amazon. There's even a freaking YouTube video on how to do it on Sony Vaio's!!! I was dumbfounded. He sent me a pic tonight of it charging again and fixed.

The damn charging jack PLUGS into the mother board. It was never a part of it. They freakin' lied to me. They charged me an $89 diagnotic fee(which they did refund b/c I didn't have it fixed) for nothing basically. I will NEVER EVER take anything back there to be fixed as long as I live and I'm going in there to have a nice chat with their manager.

He also cleaned up my Registry by 94%. Yikes..... no wonder the damn thing got so damn slow towards the end. Moral of the story is...... I.T. GUYS ROCK!
Yup bunch of idiots over there..... Those techs don't no shit bro as to why they make 10 bucks an hour....Shit you could have sent that to me and I would have been able to solder the new one on for ya...... Do that shit in my sleep bro.......
Old 11-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheldonCooper View Post
that may be a part of the reason why best buy is going out of business :/
I somehow doubt this ..

Perhaps Best Buy Canada is different, but I have always found my local store to be exceptional when it comes to product knowledge and service. Just don't walk up to the guy who looks like he fell off the short bus.

And yes, Best Buy makes 95% of their profits on service, install and accessories. I know a guy who works at the western Canadian distribution centre for Bestbuy. I get everything for cost plus 10% - when I bought my flat screen TV I believe I saved around $10.00 But when it came to cables, surge bars, remotes, stands etc - I saved hundreds, if not thousands.

Its not rocket science to see that a company like BestBuy who competes in such a broad, over flooded market, needs to focus profit margins on the after sales, services and installs.

Yes, its a serious PITA but thats business - just be smart about how you deal with large corporations like BestBuy. Just say no to the service plan, install and accessories. then go buy them online !!

But back to OP - thats not acceptable at all, and I would highly suggest going back to speak to the GM of that store. It likely won't yield any sort of monetary reward, but it will sure feel nice to ream out the little pecker who tried to swindle you !!
08' Sierra Denali - 6" BDF Lift
Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
That is freakin nuts!! Wouldn't even waste my time going in there with it and telling them it was <$10 to fix..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.