And so it continues - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Post whoring since 2011
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-sleeper View Post
gaz + lighter = WIN
It's getting to that point. Last 4 months consecutively I am well over 2k/month... Worst part is I only ever get 1-3 days of driving before the next disaster. Always something different, eventually I will have replaced everything lol. Very frustrating, at one point I was considering a motor swap but the way this has gone I won't be doing it. I need some downtime to restore my sanity. This is my DD so I have been without wheels for almost 3 months and I have to take time off work everytime it goes in/comes out of the shop. Getting very frustrating that's for sure. I don't know how you twin turbo/stroker guys did it lol. I anticipated a few hiccups but this is just nuts.
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 01:05 PM

Feel your pain...when I use to do heavy mods I normally had another DD. I think the guys that have TT and big builds have great shops to take care of thier rides.

Good luck! if possible stick to one shop

2007 blk srt8 (Sold) (one of the best all around vehicles I have owned)

AEM CAI,Inertia Spartan plus cam,slp ud,Johan tune,DS catch can,AEM wideband, Eibach springs,MM ported intake, FR 22inch gloss black 265/295 combo....SW longtubes next
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to 2007srt8 For This Useful Post:
Tim H Calgary (11-22-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 02:50 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

My solution to having my jeep in the shop for almost 9 months was getting another car !

Picked up cheap lease on a g37
Even then, you just have to endure the wait. For every week I have the jeep it's in the shop a week

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

9.67@143.2

Old 11-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Post whoring since 2011
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
My solution to having my jeep in the shop for almost 9 months was getting another car !

Picked up cheap lease on a g37
Even then, you just have to endure the wait. For every week I have the jeep it's in the shop a week

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Yah... I just can't do it man. I love this thing too much and I know I wouldn't get 1/2 of what I put in.. I will tough it out, things have to turn around eventually lol . This one should be pretty minor.. I hope .
Old 11-22-2012, 05:21 PM

some obdii devices, if left plugged in, drain the battery, I know my dashhawk drains a bit each day.
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, 213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires, NV245 transfer case, 3.0L Common Rail Diesel (CRD).
Old 11-22-2012, 05:50 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Tim...there's no reason why your viper should be draining your battery. I would investigate that first...I don't recall what modules are installed but the previous OP on the topic came up with one of the things installed was in fact faulty and draining the battery.

SOLD: 2008 Jeep SRT8. ProCharged w/ a D1 blower (carbonite coated 3.4" pulley), Borla S, & SHR Viking NAG1. Someday...I'll have another!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:00 AM
Supporting Vendor

no problemo's here son, hopeully its an easy fix

2009 Brilliant Black-Powertrain: TTC 6262 Kit, Stage 6 2Step, Demon Fuel, Wavetrac & Axles, Full Paramount Driveline, Jet 180* Stat & Lock Cap, Borla S:Appearance: DC Headlights, Tinted Tails , Smoothed Moldings, Murdered, Black Reps, CF Venom Hood, Venom Green Brake Calipers, Eibachs
10's Best Be Coming
Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,038 Times in 850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7endust1 View Post
Tim...there's no reason why your viper should be draining your battery. I would investigate that first...I don't recall what modules are installed but the previous OP on the topic came up with one of the things installed was in fact faulty and draining the battery.
Yup I had an issue on my last car and it turned out to be the EL Scanner that I had installed.... Basically it was drawing 1/2 Amp of current when the car was off, so I called the company and talked to one of their engineers and he told me they redesigned the Scanned for the reason I was calling him about.....My battery would drain after a week of the car sitting there....

Good luck and hope you find your issue!
Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 AM
Post whoring since 2011
Premium Member

I got boosted and ran it for about 40 mins. Killed it and it started again fine. It even started ok the next morning (only drove for 5 mins). Parked it and next day... stone dead not even an interior light or enough juice to unlock my doors lol. My alarm was installed over a year ago so it would seem odd to me that all of the sudden it starts killing my battery. It did drain a bit if I didn't start it for 5 odd days but that seems reasonable to me. I also found what I am guessing is procharger oil under the truck.. I can't win with this damn thing. Just installed the drain kit and that appears to be the culprit. Back to the shop it goes.... kill me lol.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Post whoring since 2011
Premium Member

Scott if I get it back it goes back into the shop in another two weeks the next stop is Red Deer. **** it.. I can't keep doing this. 2g's every month is killing me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.