Can't find the WK2 Trinity Update File? - Page 8 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all WK2 SRT8 specific discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
Yes. You should log the A/F ratio when tuning. That's where the wide band comes into play. You are looking to hit an ideal stoichiometric ratio of air/fuel for maximum power. Without a wide band you can't monitor what is going on with A/F in the engine. A wide band is a must for proper tuning.

Basic email tunes can be done without a wide band, but they won't be dialed in near as well. The factory narrow band calculates what A/F should be. Once you change the intake, exhaust, etc, then the narrow band is inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Oh dear, so basically I been wasting johan's time trying to get the best out of my wk2 it seems. Guess I'll have to look into this ASAP. Any difficulties in getting a wideband and installing it?

Thanks

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 AM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Johan can still make you a good tune without a wide band for simple bolt ons, like CAI and exhaust. But it's recommended to have the wide band to really know what's going on and dial the tune in.

I haven't done anything with a wide band yet. The install seems pretty straight forward. Weld the bung in the drivers side midpipe. Wire it all up and interface it with the trinity. I figure I'll plan on just having a shop hook it all up for me.

2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 12-02-2012, 05:33 AM

Hey guys. Just wondering if there is a new updated version out for our vehicles since the last one posted on this link? I'm having a hard time checking for updates as my only computer right now is my work laptop and the firewall for some reason won't register my Trinity with the Diablo site.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dguth View Post
Hey guys. Just wondering if there is a new updated version out for our vehicles since the last one posted on this link? I'm having a hard time checking for updates as my only computer right now is my work laptop and the firewall for some reason won't register my Trinity with the Diablo site.
I dont see one

PB: 8.05@85.25 1/8 mile
Old 12-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
Johan can still make you a good tune without a wide band for simple bolt ons, like CAI and exhaust. But it's recommended to have the wide band to really know what's going on and dial the tune in.

I haven't done anything with a wide band yet. The install seems pretty straight forward. Weld the bung in the drivers side midpipe. Wire it all up and interface it with the trinity. I figure I'll plan on just having a shop hook it all up for me.

Thanks, will see about getting one soon.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Is the latest file trinity_dcx_gas-1t09ea_update.crom that is posted here or trinity_dcx_gas-1r09e_update.crom on diablo's main website?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Elite Contributing Member

The one thats posted here.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helheim View Post
Is the latest file trinity_dcx_gas-1t09ea_update.crom that is posted here or trinity_dcx_gas-1r09e_update.crom on diablo's main website?
I had the same question and posted it on there site. It's very confusing. Why don't they post the most updated file? I read a post from this past Thursday where they told a Jeep person to download the 1r09e file.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Updated again on the 6th. Mine is not fixed yet. And no it does not load tunes.
2012 GC SRT8(Being Demonized for more): D1SC Procharger, ProLine Racing built engine, forged pistons and rods, custom supercharger cam, Demon/Fore return fuel system, Kook's, SHR, FTI, ATI, Brembo Sport rotors slotted, hawks, BT goodies, TS LED tails, LED interior, Borla ATAK, Shark Fin, Johan Tuned, Nate & Skip assembled.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:36 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza View Post
Updated again on the 6th. Mine is not fixed yet. And no it does not load tunes.
I thought Mike says it loads tunes, but just doesn't show it as a loaded tune?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
trinity, tuning, update, wk2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.