Can't find the WK2 Trinity Update File? - Page 6 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all WK2 SRT8 specific discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:27 AM

My trinity comes in this afternoon Can't wait to load it in - first official mod on the vehicle.

Has anyone installed a 180 T-stat and does the Trinity allow you to adjust for this? Just wondering if anyone has tested and noticed improvements.

Next mods will be Catch Can (I know haven't installed one yet), 180 Tstat (only if shown improvements), and proper MOPAR or Arrington CAI once it comes out... Going to leave my exhaust alone until more options have been perfected...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM

With the trinity is the knock sensors gauge suppose to work. Mine just say 0 all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 11-29-2012, 01:54 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barish93 View Post
With the trinity is the knock sensors gauge suppose to work. Mine just say 0 all the time.

0 STKN and LTKN is ideal. It means the knock sensors are not picking up anything and no timing is being pulled. What tune are you running? What fuel are you using?

2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 11-29-2012, 01:58 PM

im running the 93 tune with 93 octane gas from a exxon. Also when i try to go in and disable the MDS it comes back with a code saying the tune could not be uploaded, however when i go back into the modify tune area MDS is disabled. Anybody else notice this. Im new to this so im not sure if im doing something wrong
Old 11-29-2012, 02:16 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

I tried to disable the MDS once, tune failed I load. I left it alone and didn't try again.

Well, sounds like the 93 tune is running good on your Jeep. Does it feel like its improved performance? Any numbers to compare performance? Do you have any performance mods?

Old 11-29-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
I tried to disable the MDS once, tune failed I load. I left it alone and didn't try again.

Well, sounds like the 93 tune is running good on your Jeep. Does it feel like its improved performance? Any numbers to compare performance? Do you have any performance mods?

I have a custom exhaust on the car and that's about it. It Definitely pulls harder on the top end I think. I didn't think to get and numbers while I was out. I was just having too much fun.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 AM

Okay, finally got the Trinity in yesterday and loaded up the 93 tune option last night. First initial impressions are good. I'm downstate in NY on long island so I really tested it out in traffic this morning getting in and around people. The car feels like it's running smoother, not idling as rough, the shifts feel alot quicker at the higher RPM levels as does the car also feels like it's pulling harder at the higher RPM levels. I don't feel the lag I was feeling between 1st and 2nd shifts. The throttle response does feel more responsive as well. I haven't adjusted any of the other parameters since I'm kind of new at this. I'll go out this weekend to actually test some 0-60 numbers, etc just for comparison (my usual 0-60 numbers are between 4.7 and 4.9 seconds - hopefully I can get this down a little bit).

A curious question about the Trinity is what gauges do you guys usually monitor while driving. I was staring at the spark/retard gauge this morning and did notice on the top right, that under full throttle it would retard spark between .5 and 1 at higher RPM levels - the bottom retard guage always stayed at zero. Is that supposed to be correct or within the tolerance zone?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dguth View Post
Okay, finally got the Trinity in yesterday and loaded up the 93 tune option last night. First initial impressions are good. I'm downstate in NY on long island so I really tested it out in traffic this morning getting in and around people. The car feels like it's running smoother, not idling as rough, the shifts feel alot quicker at the higher RPM levels as does the car also feels like it's pulling harder at the higher RPM levels. I don't feel the lag I was feeling between 1st and 2nd shifts. The throttle response does feel more responsive as well. I haven't adjusted any of the other parameters since I'm kind of new at this. I'll go out this weekend to actually test some 0-60 numbers, etc just for comparison (my usual 0-60 numbers are between 4.7 and 4.9 seconds - hopefully I can get this down a little bit).

A curious question about the Trinity is what gauges do you guys usually monitor while driving. I was staring at the spark/retard gauge this morning and did notice on the top right, that under full throttle it would retard spark between .5 and 1 at higher RPM levels - the bottom retard guage always stayed at zero. Is that supposed to be correct or within the tolerance zone?
My LT knock is always zero as well. However this morning on my way to school my ST knock hit 8 at WOT on the highway when I was doing an 80-110 pull. This worried me a bit and installed the factory tune again.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barish93 View Post
My LT knock is always zero as well. However this morning on my way to school my ST knock hit 8 at WOT on the highway when I was doing an 80-110 pull. This worried me a bit and installed the factory tune again.

So do you add fuel here or retard timing?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 AM

Not sure really. That's why I went back to stock because I'm new to all of this and I'm not exactly sure what to do for it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
trinity, tuning, update, wk2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.