Can't find the WK2 Trinity Update File? - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all WK2 SRT8 specific discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:27 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Are there any updates that we should be aware of?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

C disappeared because it has problems, which I have. They have not figured it out yet for the Jeep. They have figured some of it out for other Chrysler models though. Trucks not bricked, but I'm not comfortable taking it anywhere. So I just tool around in the CL63 enjoying the massaging seats instead. Hopefully I won't have to wait for them to get a Jeep in their shop to resolve issues like they told me they needed. Also told I had the only Jeep with issues.
2012 GC SRT8(Being Demonized for more): D1SC Procharger, ProLine Racing built engine, forged pistons and rods, custom supercharger cam, Demon/Fore return fuel system, Kook's, SHR, FTI, ATI, DMH cutouts, Brembo Sport rotors slotted, hawks, BT goodies, TS LED tails, LED interior, Borla ATAK, Shark Fin, Johan Tuned, Nate & Skip assembled.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:14 AM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza View Post
C disappeared because it has problems, which I have. They have not figured it out yet for the Jeep. They have figured some of it out for other Chrysler models though. Trucks not bricked, but I'm not comfortable taking it anywhere. So I just tool around in the CL63 enjoying the massaging seats instead. Hopefully I won't have to wait for them to get a Jeep in their shop to resolve issues like they told me they needed. Also told I had the only Jeep with issues.
Gotcha. Mine seemed to install without problems. I even did some quick adjustments to raise shift points and throttle booster. It backed up my stock tune without issue. While writing the tune it seemed to have more key on/off requests than what my predator would do on my WK1. It did accept the tune. jeep does drive differently and I watched it shift around 6400-6500 from first to second.

Can you elaborate anymore on what happened during tuning your Jeep?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 11-22-2012, 10:37 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Mins sometimes has trouble loading tunes. If I modify the tune it wont load the first time. I have to wait for it to go back to the main menu then click on the tune that I wanted and modified then it will load.

PB: 8.05@85.25 1/8 mile
Old 11-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
Gotcha. Mine seemed to install without problems. I even did some quick adjustments to raise shift points and throttle booster. It backed up my stock tune without issue. While writing the tune it seemed to have more key on/off requests than what my predator would do on my WK1. It did accept the tune. jeep does drive differently and I watched it shift around 6400-6500 from first to second.

Can you elaborate anymore on what happened during tuning your Jeep?

How do you like the driving after you raised the shift points? Does it keep shifting in auto mode like I said mine does?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
Old 11-22-2012, 12:22 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEofSRT8 View Post
How do you like the driving after you raised the shift points? Does it keep shifting in auto mode like I said mine does?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
It seems fine so far, but I really haven't driven it much yet. Had a long day yesterday and when I got to tuning the Jeep I took it for a short drive then called it a night. Took a quick drive this morning to meet with the family for the holidays and it all seemed fine. I drove it pretty hard though. I can feel some improvements, pulls pretty strong on the highway. Did a quick 80-120 pull and felt quicker than the stock tune. Got a 0-60 last night at 5.3, my previous best a few weeks ago was a 5.7 after my exhaust install. Shifts are a lot faster and crisp. Even paddle shifting and shifting at 6k it'll complete a quick shift with no lag like stock tune.

Last edited by Mongoose9400; 11-22-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:28 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Did a quick street 1/8 mile pull this morning. I'm seeing a max of 3.5 STKN on shell 91 running the 91 tune.

These were my Bunker Hill, Indiana 1/8 mile times with a bwoody only.

1/8 street run today in Albuquerque, New Mexico

Kind of comparing apples to oranges, but a rough comparison for 1/8th mile.

My 0-60 last night here in Albuquerque, NM

Last edited by Mongoose9400; 11-22-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:50 PM
Elite Contributing Member

not bad Zach, I got a 4.9 0-60 and 1/8 was 8.5. temp was 52. Im at about 2400ft so a little lower than you. I like auto stick shifts better than track mode, to soft. have you tried adding some fuel to see if some knock goes away? im sure your leaner than me with the intake and exhaust
Old 11-22-2012, 12:56 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

I'd like to monitor the stock tune and see how my STKN I get. See if its a fuel quality issue. Maybe I'll go pick up some race gas a make a mixed tank and see how the 91 tune performs. Maybe load the 93 tune with a race gas mix. That's down the road. I'll put the Jeep back to stock in a couple days when I fly out back to work. Plan is to get a wide band installed whenever I have more free time home and not during the holidays when everything closes.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
Trying to update my Trinity and can't seem to get the Jeep to show up under the 2012's?

I've applied update "trinity-1r09.crom" with no luck and then tried "trinity_dcx_gas-1r09d_update.crom"

I saw the "1r09c" was the file that seemed to have the support for the 2012 Jeep SRT8s following the other threads, but I don't see that listed for download anywhere?

What am I doing wrong here?
I'm having the same problem as you first had Mongoose. I don't see an option for Jeep under select vehicle. I also can't seem to find any supporting updates. Is there something I'm missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
trinity, tuning, update, wk2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.