To grand cherokee srt8 owners in Qatar - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM

To grand cherokee srt8 owners in Qatar

Hi!

I'm interested in buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee srt8 (2010 model) , but there is some things i wonder about. I hope you could help me guys.

1. Is it a good car? With that I mean is it a problem free car? I'm planning to have it for at least 5 years.

People around me keep telling me to stay away from American cars. According them American cars will not run more than 5 years. Is it true?

2. Hows the service in Qatar?

3. Is the spare parts expensive?

4. How much do you pay for gas each month approx?

Regards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 02:24 AM

Send a message via MSN to arabiannight975 Send a message via Yahoo to arabiannight975 Send a message via Skype™ to arabiannight975
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb100 View Post
Hi!

I'm interested in buying a Jeep Grand Cherokee srt8 (2010 model) , but there is some things i wonder about. I hope you could help me guys.

1. Is it a good car? With that I mean is it a problem free car? I'm planning to have it for at least 5 years.

People around me keep telling me to stay away from American cars. According them American cars will not run more than 5 years. Is it true?

2. Hows the service in Qatar?

3. Is the spare parts expensive?

4. How much do you pay for gas each month approx?

Regards

Not from Qatar, but from Saudi Arabia so I will put my two cents down since the conditions are pretty much the same.

I have a '10 SRT8, bought it at the end of 2010 and now have almost 55K kms on it and no big issues Alhumdulillah.

1) Yes, its a great car. Driving is just pure sex. Not anyproblems that I have encountered soo far, just changed the batter, that too under warranty!

2) Can't say, but pretty good in Saudia.

3) Let see, since The stock warranty is 3 years and 60k KM, no spare parts needed, and what I adivse is get extended warranty its cheap and good. PLus you have insurance so no spare parts to worry about ?

4) About that, since I am in KSA and you know how cheap the petrol here is I don't keep a track of it. Just go get a tank ful and smoke it all out lol
I make 400 kms trip oen way on weekends and it goes 400-450 kms on one tank when I average 150-170 km/h and a occasional 250+ run in the same trip.

if I do 120-140 km/h average them qurater of a tank is left !

Guy on a stoplight: Which car is that you are driving?
Me: Wait till the light gets green, you will get to read it on the back.....
Other guy:.............
Old 11-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Major Contributing Member

110K Plus miles and now added 200HP and idles and runs like new.
If you want ultimate reliability and milage buy a Smart Car or fiat Abarth.
The srt8 is a stand out show off beast
mph..130.98
60ft..1.61
76mm CompTurbo
Special thanks to ebay
[/COLOR]DaToonA ain't Frikn around.....
http://youtu.be/f9FxOqs2Xx8
Old 11-22-2012, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabiannight975 View Post
Not from Qatar, but from Saudi Arabia so I will put my two cents down since the conditions are pretty much the same.

I have a '10 SRT8, bought it at the end of 2010 and now have almost 55K kms on it and no big issues Alhumdulillah.

1) Yes, its a great car. Driving is just pure sex. Not anyproblems that I have encountered soo far, just changed the batter, that too under warranty!

2) Can't say, but pretty good in Saudia.

3) Let see, since The stock warranty is 3 years and 60k KM, no spare parts needed, and what I adivse is get extended warranty its cheap and good. PLus you have insurance so no spare parts to worry about ?

4) About that, since I am in KSA and you know how cheap the petrol here is I don't keep a track of it. Just go get a tank ful and smoke it all out lol
I make 400 kms trip oen way on weekends and it goes 400-450 kms on one tank when I average 150-170 km/h and a occasional 250+ run in the same trip.

if I do 120-140 km/h average them qurater of a tank is left !
OK! Thanks for your input arabian nights.

Anyone else would like to share their thoughts?
Old 11-22-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI TME View Post
110K Plus miles and now added 200HP and idles and runs like new.
If you want ultimate reliability and milage buy a Smart Car or fiat Abarth.
The srt8 is a stand out show off beast
Loool Ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.