LC1 Issues - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK2 SRT8 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all WK2 SRT8 specific discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

LC1 Issues

I have been working on getting the LC1 installed all day. I cannot locate a good twelve volt switched wire. I have found a couple that read 12 volts but they are not enough to heat up the sensor. I even spliced it into the cigarette lighter?? What gives? Does anybody know where to find a wiring schematic for the WK2? Or where I should hook up the 12v wire. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

In for answers
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 11-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,095 Times in 894 Posts
Thats weird.... I have mine connected to the Cig lighter with a 5 amp fuse and don't see why it should be any different on the WK2 as I have a WK1. Have you tried a constant 12 volt source just to see if the LC1 works at all?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
Thats weird.... I have mine connected to the Cig lighter with a 5 amp fuse and don't see why it should be any different on the WK2 as I have a WK1. Have you tried a constant 12 volt source just to see if the LC1 works at all?

Thats funny you ask, I hooked it up to the cig lighter in the center console, 12v all the time, and same thing. Just a flashing light.... I am so pissed right now. I spent all day fuc@#$% with this thing, the jeep is still on jack stands, dash torn apart, hands scraped up, mind blown, LC1 not working, wine not kicking in yet, can't take it much longer................

LC1 gets warm not hot..
Old 11-19-2012, 06:49 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Do you have the install guide? Page 20/21 shows some troubleshooting tips.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Page 8 shows a specific first time start up procedure of the sensor. Did you follow that?
Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,482 Times in 944 Posts
Hey Rob, sorry I missed your call earlier, I see you've run into more of a wiring headache, I'll give you a buzz in the morning, also give innovate a shout, they're still open for a lil bit since they're out in Cali!
I wonder if they have Outback Steakhouses in the Outback?

2012-2014 Demon Performance Procharger Kits on sale now!!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:58 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose9400 View Post
do you have the install guide? Page 20/21 shows some troubleshooting tips.
yep.............
Old 11-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose9400 View Post
page 8 shows a specific first time start up procedure of the sensor. Did you follow that?

yup..............Did that so many time and it was so cold out that after unhooking the sensor from the lc1 so many times the little clip that holds the to together decided to break off.... So now when I finally get it right I will have to tape the two together so they will not vibrate apart...

It was so much easier on my WK1.............

Last edited by rconner; 11-19-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonPerformance View Post
Hey Rob, sorry I missed your call earlier, I see you've run into more of a wiring headache, I'll give you a buzz in the morning, also give innovate a shout, they're still open for a lil bit since they're out in Cali!
Thanks skip, I have talked to them a couple of times. They told me to use the cig lighter. tried that and no go. I have been using my multimeter, with a sharp point on the pos to double check 12v. I have tried four different 12 volt sources with no luck. Each time spicing into my new 2012 jeep wiring harness!!!! Gotta love putting electrical tape on such a nice harness! Hopefully tomorrow I will figure something out. I have to work tomorrow afternoon so lets hope I figure out something early.

I thought I was going to hook u guys up with a easy install of the LC1. The first wire I found was super easy to get to, had a 12 volt signal, looked to be at least 12 gauge. Who knows maybe I screwed something else up...

BTW, innovate said not to hook it up the the ignition?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.