Disaster at MIR today..... - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Track Talk Forum > Track Talk

Track Talk Share your track tales and timeslips here. Check out the Cherokee SRT8 Timeslip Database.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanked 1,418 Times in 905 Posts
Damn! I'm sorry to see this happen! Glad nobody was hurt in this, the bee will be ok soon enough.
I wonder if they have Outback Steakhouses in the Outback?

2012-2013 Demon Performance Procharger Kits on sale now!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone. One word come to mind. DIAPER and engine diaper could have changed this whole tragedy.

Mike

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 8SECSRT For This Useful Post:
Harrison@Stage6 (11-16-2012), LASRT (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Premium Reformed Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8SECSRT View Post
Thanks for the kind words everyone. One word come to mind. DIAPER and engine diaper could have changed this whole tragedy.

Mike
Mike, glad to see you are ok. Sorry about your suffering, this is sad to see blue bee in this state!

What is an engine diaper? I'm thinking like a tranny blanket but for the fluids? Did the rear end get greasy due to loss of fluids on the track? Can you tell us what let go in the engine?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Troy built 2010 Jeep SRT8, Dings Racing forged 392 stroker, boost reference return style fuel system, Mondello heads & manifold, ARH 1 7/8" LT's, Off road midpipe, stock cat back exhaust, ATI 17% OD pulley, Stage 6 2-step, Fluidyne radiator, PP built Nag1, remote transmission cooler, PP Dom. TC., 6,500 PTCM, Wavetrac rear LSD.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:05 PM
I just wanna go fast!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Glad everyone is ok.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Busy
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,460 Times in 960 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
Hate to see this but thank god everyone is ok
Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Damn! So glad to hear he is ok. Blue bee will need some work but will be ok I think.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:10 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,354 Times in 1,129 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboatchad View Post
Mike, glad to see you are ok. Sorry about your suffering, this is sad to see blue bee in this state!

What is an engine diaper? I'm thinking like a tranny blanket but for the fluids? Did the rear end get greasy due to loss of fluids on the track? Can you tell us what let go in the engine?

An engine diaper is exactly that. It's a tranny blanket for the engine in a sense. I believe 9 sec cars are required to have them. We have been meaning to put one my Jeep as well as a few other things. I plan on making my Jeep 100% compliant for 2013. Little safty things can go easily overlooked. I'm pretty sure this was probably the only thing that car didn't have.

I think this is probably a little wake up reminder for all of us!! We all know Brent can drive his ASS off and we all know this car has been making 9 second passes for who the hell knows how long. It's that ONE PASS that matters. It's definitely opened up my eyes a little today. I've got to bust some ass to get ready for my Dec. 15th race now. Just sucks that this was the eye opener. Hell, I've had a tranny blanket sitting in our trailer since Atco last year, not even on my Jeep. It will be on as well as a PITA engine diaper coming up.

The Following User Says Thank You to Harrison@Stage6 For This Useful Post:
LASRT (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
An engine diaper is exactly that. It's a tranny blanket for the engine in a sense. I believe 9 sec cars are required to have them. We have been meaning to put one my Jeep as well as a few other things. I plan on making my Jeep 100% compliant for 2013. Little safty things can go easily overlooked. I'm pretty sure this was probably the only thing that car didn't have.

I think this is probably a little wake up reminder for all of us!! We all know Brent can drive his ASS off and we all know this car has been making 9 second passes for who the hell knows how long. It's that ONE PASS that matters. It's definitely opened up my eyes a little today. I've got to bust some ass to get ready for my Dec. 15th race now. Just sucks that this was the eye opener. Hell, I've had a tranny blanket sitting in our trailer since Atco last year, not even on my Jeep. It will be on as well as a PITA engine diaper coming up.
Don't forget the chute i have to put mine on. Big time eye opener today.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:50 PM

Sorry to hear about events like this. Glad the driver is okay.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Live For Today!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post

Probably would have been beneficial for me to have had one when that heater hose came off...the track guys were pissed. glad the jeep stayed straight and true.

Jerseyboy Tuning

Paramount Performance

The First STAGE6 Twin Turbo Jeep And First Jeep With TWINS UP FRONT!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.