BullyDog Triple Dog vs DiabloSport InTune - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges

WK1 Tuning/CMR/Dyno/DataLogging/Gauges This section is for all discussions related to hand held tuners, CMR tuning, Dyno tuning, Data Logging & Gauges.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeper View Post
i've heard intune is very hard to work with and you need the trinity anyway to get custom tunes... so you might as well get an updated trinity, im sure it will work, probly should have asked about before selling it, could of helped you out here with all the support

trinity actually works on the jeep 05+ 3.8/4.0/5.7/6.1/6.4L
You can get a custom tune on an intune, the file format is different, tuner needs to know as well. Predator/Trinity file will not play nice on an intune.
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.

Powered by PWR Tooned by Johan Blinged by Billet Technologies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaz View Post
You can get a custom tune on an intune, the file format is different, tuner needs to know as well. Predator/Trinity file will not play nice on an intune.
i know you can but its not as easy and user friendly. trinity is where its at
Old 11-15-2012, 09:46 PM

Quote:
i know you can but its not as easy and user friendly. trinity is where its at
I agree 1000%
Old 11-16-2012, 02:28 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboatchad View Post
Reading your posts Im unsure of what vehicle you are wanting to program, Maggy or a Jeep? A trinity for tuning when using FI is critical in my opinion. If its the electronic stuff that you are unsure of just befriend a member in your area. Usually we all are more than happy to help other members out. Especially if it means going for a ride in a bad ass car!
The Trinity issues were with my '07 MSRT8, and they were just enough to sour me on the Trinity now that I'm looking for a tuner for my '10 GCSRT8(the Magnum's tucked away for the winter).

I appreciate the thought that I could have reached out for help but when two of us, the other being far more comfortable with this type of equipment(I'm an old, set the jets and timing type of guy), couldn't get it to communicate with the car I felt that I was dealing with a faulty product, but when we got it to work flawlessly on a non-SRT8, I felt that there was something more fundamental going on. I don't have a lot of time or patience for this so showed it the door.

But now that I want to improve the performance of the GCSRT8, the first thing that I thought of was a tuner. And the decision remains, DiabloSport or Bully Dog? I'm in no rush, but I do appreciate everyone's input.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB12 View Post
The Trinity issues were with my '07 MSRT8, and they were just enough to sour me on the Trinity now that I'm looking for a tuner for my '10 GCSRT8(the Magnum's tucked away for the winter).

I appreciate the thought that I could have reached out for help but when two of us, the other being far more comfortable with this type of equipment(I'm an old, set the jets and timing type of guy), couldn't get it to communicate with the car I felt that I was dealing with a faulty product, but when we got it to work flawlessly on a non-SRT8, I felt that there was something more fundamental going on. I don't have a lot of time or patience for this so showed it the door.

But now that I want to improve the performance of the GCSRT8, the first thing that I thought of was a tuner. And the decision remains, DiabloSport or Bully Dog? I'm in no rush, but I do appreciate everyone's input.

If you don't have patience for this stuff, you might want to leave it stock then. Anytime you add aftermarket products, there is a chance that things wont go perfectly. There hasn't been a single thing I've done to my Jeep that went without some sort of issue.....whether it be right away, or down the road. Thats the nature of this game. You have to be willing to work through the problems, and the downtime.

I have a Trinity, and for the most part it works well....as long as you don't leave it plugged in while the truck is sitting for long periods of time.....or it drains the battery. I did have it reset on me one day, and flash my factory tune back in when I tried to adjust fuel. I had a custom cam at the time, and it didn't run too well on the stock tune....but I made it home.

Bully Dog specializes in diesel performance, so I doubt they have extensive experience tuning gas vehicles, let alone a Jeep SRT8. I wouldn't even consider it an option.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:06 AM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,602 Times in 1,213 Posts
Garage
The Trinity or the Magnum may have needed an update. Although, I have read about of Magnum owners having issues as well. Maybe it's just a Magnum thing. I would imagine the PCM's to be the same as all the other LX's though. 2007 is a funny year in general. My 07 Jeep with a Trinity gets funky with the TPMS sensors and Key Fob depending on where it's mounted in the Jeep. Who knows man..... with a 2010 Jeep and a Trinity, you should have 0 issues. Just hope that you don't get a Trinity from Diablo that has a bad chip in it. I have two here at the shop with bad chips in them. You get the dreaded INTERNAL UPDATE crap and it never works. So just be prepared. Diablo will take care of it don't worry but I got to brand new ones out of the box that were DOA. Mine and a customers. Sucks but oh well.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
i've heard intune is very hard to work with and you need the trinity anyway to get custom tunes... so you might as well get an updated trinity, im sure it will work, probly should have asked about before selling it, could of helped you out here with all the support

trinity actually works on the jeep 05+ 3.8/4.0/5.7/6.1/6.4L
custom tuning with an intune is the easiest thing ever, simple drag and drop file transfers, no DSDL, no drivers, etc.

Makes my life easier

Old 11-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB12 View Post

As a few others have mentioned, there really is no other option for properly tuning these vehicles besides a Trinity or inTune.

I'm not here to beat up any of my competitors products, but I'm surprised that you even found someone that suggests the BD to you, as I do not even see them discussed here or on any of the HEMI based forums.
If you are thinking procharger (or even just longtubes), you'll absolutely need one of our tuners to bring it all together and to get the most out of the mods you add to the vehicle.

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Thanks
Old 11-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Obsessed with Jeep SRTs
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Speedlogix
DiabloSport is a better choice over Bully Dog for sure. You can't go wrong with either DS handheld, so whichever you choose you will be happy. Just make it a DS one.

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 - gone
2011 Challenger SRT - gone
2012 Fiat 500 Abarth - gone
2009 Challenger R/T - gone
2006 300 SRT - gone
Old 11-16-2012, 10:23 AM
Senior Contributing Member

when i bough t my predator for my jeep i had the same connection problems, i just called diablosport and they helped me"took over my computer" and made it work and so far no problems with connection..now if i could just get that johan tune... ;-)
07'GC srt8 blk,Murdered,blkwheels,20%tint all around, "mayhem">> (8.50@81.80 mph 10/25/12) volant cai, 180 t-stat, Borla S,catch can, 93 oct canned tune, NT05's 275/315...(8.19@85.2mph)After a johan tune!!!!... thanks JOHAN!!!!!
'04 GTO, yellow jacket , 6spd, on NOS...(8.2@???, spinning through 2nd)...SOLD
MOPAR= Massively Over Powered And Respected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.