Wishful thinking - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Wishful thinking

Like I recently posted, along with many other threads, I got on the interstate about a week ago, pulled out to overtake a slow dumptruck, gave the truck enough gas to kick down roughly one gear, and the truck didnt move an inch faster than what it was already going, just stayed at about 60mph................if any of you guys have been monitoring my posts on here, the shifting issues with my truck are being persistent, even with the ESM module replaced. So I got in touch with Keoni, and tomorrow I'll be having the dealer install his spare TCM module to see if this can possibly be the problem. Just wanna line out any potential areas that are and are not the problem. If it turns out to not be the TCM thats making my truck short-shift and fall on its face, my last determination is that it will have to be mechanical, but it goes in and out of gear fine, which almost doesnt convince me it IS mechanical. Just keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out, but knowing my luck on everything, well you guys can figure that out, haha Harrison put it right, I think my truck is possessed. lol

The "Silver Bullet" ---- 2006 Jeep SRT8 - Gone but definitely not forgotten

Last edited by hotrodcalvert; 11-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Major Contributing Member

Good luck! Hopefully everything works out.
2009 BRILLIANT BLACK JEEP SRT8-HHP Forged 6.1 / Stage II Cam / Vortech / OBX Headers / Magnaflow Catback-reso delete /PTCM/SHR/ FTI/ ATI / R1 Concepts Crossed/Slotted / Eibach Springs / 6k HID lows/fogs / Rear LED's / TLS Rear Harness / Motivos 275/315

2014 BRILLIANT BLACK JEEP SUMMIT

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to Btelander For This Useful Post:
hotrodcalvert (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 08:21 PM

I appreciate it, just ready to have my rig back to the way it used to be............when i was handing people their asses left and right.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

Good luck bro hope everything goes well I just got my truck back... Worst feeling having it gone

2007 Silver SRT
Boost Coming 2015

Quad Retrofit-Chrome Delete-Tint-Satin Black 22"s-Toyo Proxes STII-Solo Exhaust-RM 1.7"-Painted Roof Rails-Trinity-9500ix-Pioneer HU-Alpine Door Speakers-Diamond Audio 12"s-Billet Tech Underhood Kit-6K Highs/Lows/Fogs-Billet Tech Door Locks-TLS LED Tails-LED Rear Fogs-Cree 6K Reverse Lights-Billet Tech Catch Can-Dynamat-R1 Drilled Rotors-Stoptech Brake Pads-Tinted Tails
-Johan Tune-Mopar Rear Lip-Colormatched Venom Hood
The Following User Says Thank You to Regency For This Useful Post:
hotrodcalvert (11-13-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 PM

Appreciate it, its an even worse feeling for me when chasing a gremlin you cant catch, haha ggrrr
Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

Bummer dude wish you luck!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Let's hope that this is the fix you have been searching for! Good luck and interested to see what the outcome is!
Craig 08 GCSRT8-- Eibach's, BT Catch Can, Custom Whipple Setup, Shorty Antenna, 180tstat, other appearance goodies by BT and carbon fiber accents... Jerseyboy Tuned with a custom wrapped Alcantara steering wheel
12.06 @ 113
SRTBEAST
2013 Modern Street Hemi Shootout Stock Points Champion
Old 11-14-2012, 07:35 AM
DAYUM!!!
Premium Member

Thanked 1,512 Times in 951 Posts
Hope it works out for you !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Post whoring since 2011
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodcalvert View Post
Like I recently posted, along with many other threads, I got on the interstate about a week ago, pulled out to overtake a slow dumptruck, gave the truck enough gas to kick down roughly one gear, and the truck didnt move an inch faster than what it was already going, just stayed at about 60mph................if any of you guys have been monitoring my posts on here, the shifting issues with my truck are being persistent, even with the ESM module replaced. So I got in touch with Keoni, and tomorrow I'll be having the dealer install his spare TCM module to see if this can possibly be the problem. Just wanna line out any potential areas that are and are not the problem. If it turns out to not be the TCM thats making my truck short-shift and fall on its face, my last determination is that it will have to be mechanical, but it goes in and out of gear fine, which almost doesnt convince me it IS mechanical. Just keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow, I'll keep everyone posted on what I find out, but knowing my luck on everything, well you guys can figure that out, haha Harrison put it right, I think my truck is possessed. lol
I feel your pain man, my truck is back in the shop yet again with a trans leak (a whopping 1000km's on that tranny lol). As you are aware I am swapping my ESM in the near future. Were you getting the service park assist all gears circled ? I am donating my old ESM to a forum member for some research. Hopefully he can come up with something. Best of luck man!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:18 AM

Naw Tim I never got the park assist problem, just had the dealership run the codes and they said they found a faulty code in the ESM module, so thats why they replaced it to no avail, haha ggrrr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.