Bucking when turning wheel all the way tight? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Exclamation Bucking when turning wheel all the way tight?

Ever since this dam storm I started to notice a weird kinda bucking when I turn tight into driveways. Kinda loses power steering and like the front wheels are bucking when turned tight.
any ideas? I checked power steering level, it was at the low end of normal, so I filled. I did have a problem a few months ago with my rac and pin that was replaced via warnty.

Any thoughts? Smooth shifting on driving no noise. Just very tight turning and trying to move?

Thanks for the help.
HHP/BES Sports Series 426 Stroker~HHP Ported and Polished Stage 2 Heads and Custom Ceramic HHP Stage 2 Intake~87MM Modern Muscel Throttle Body~Manley Proformance Pushrods~HHP/BES Stage 4 Custom NA Cam~Paramount Dominator Torque Convertor~ATI Flex Plate~Paramount HT Transfer Case~And PTCM~Billet Catch Can~Fore custom HHP fuel rails~NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs~Corsa CatBack Exhaust~HHP 180 T-Stat~Paramount Conquer trans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 04:26 PM
That guy..
Lifetime Premium Member

Transfer case locking up.. Search for transfer case issues.. you will find this exact problem 100 times
Old 11-10-2012, 06:52 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

What would cause that? Thanks for the tip I will search it. I just had my diffs flushed by my dealer about five hundred miles ago
Old 11-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Mine got better after I had an alignment done to fix my inner tire wear. Still did it slightly but not as bad

PB: 8.05@85.25 1/8 mile
Old 11-11-2012, 02:37 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

So what should I tell my dealer so I don't get the change fluid cover up fix? The good thing is I already had my truck brought in and documented for our transfer noise with traction control off a few times, so this should fall under a progression I hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.