can you believe this? - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Angry can you believe this?

I just put four new nitro 420 on my beast about a month ago. Leaving work on Friday I spotted a screw in my right front. Well today I took it to simply have it repaired. Well after they were done I was backing out and heard rumbling and scraping as I moved backwards. The manager comes out and he hears what I am explaining to him and proceeds to tell me that after we rotated your tires that be heard it also. ...Rotated my back to front and vice versa. I almost lost it! I asked to have one tire repaired ...I said nothing about rotation. After he I made him aware of the fact that they messed up I checked the tire which had the screw in it and it was still there. So it goes without saying that I was speechless! When they get my tires back where they should be and proceed to fix my screw problem it turns out that it didn't puncture the tire. Just a superficial wound..lol! Theyjust pulled it out and sent me on my way. Can you believe that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Elite Contributing Member

WTF dude, that ain't right.
Any damage done?

I'm gettting frustrated with modding
Old 11-10-2012, 03:40 PM

Geez they are idiots.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:16 PM

I know that noise, I had an STS-V that a tire guy decided to rotate the tires front to back. That's not a noise you like to hear
Old 11-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Premium Reformed Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Some peoples children. I swear If they would have been born rat's their mother would have enjoyed them for dinner.....
Troy built 2010 Jeep SRT8, Dings Racing forged 392 stroker, boost reference return style fuel system, Mondello heads & manifold, ARH 1 7/8" LT's, Off road midpipe, stock cat back exhaust, ATI 17% OD pulley, Stage 6 2-step, Fluidyne radiator, PP built Nag1, remote transmission cooler, PP Dom. TC., 6,500 PTCM, Wavetrac rear LSD.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:40 PM

you should have plugged the tire yourself, there is no reason to take a tire anywhere for a screw, i have plugged many o tires even on faster cars than ours with no issues
Old 11-10-2012, 07:21 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

how stupid could they be? didnt they realize they are staggered sizes and can't be rotated front to back? or even side to side since I think those Nittos are directional as well.

2010 Brilliant Black SRT8
Mopar intake | Corsa exhaust | Trinity | MTX-L wideband | Jersey Boy tuned | BT catch can | BT underhood kit | Eibach springs | BWoody swaybar links | Summer: Bridgestone Dueller HP Sport RF 275/315 on OEM wheels | Winter: Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow RF 275 on satin black reps | R1 Premium Slotted/Cross Drilled rotors | Stoptech pads | DC Customs headlights | TS LED taillights | TS painted moldings |

Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

I couldn't believe it myself but that is just another example of why you have to pay attention.to every little detail that is done to your rig. I am almost at my 60k service where I need my tc case fluid changed but I don't know who to trust to do it right since the last time I took my beast to the dealer and the service manager told me that my 2007 gcsrt8 didn't have a transfer case. So any confidence in any thing they do is shot straight to hell!
Old 11-12-2012, 07:18 PM

Garage
Happened to me once getting new tires , but they messed up one side , rear passenger mounted in the front , and front passenger on the rears lol , but since I was right there I noticed it before they moved the vehicle .
6.90 @ 101 & 10.93 @ 122 Boosted @ 9lbs
Old 11-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Learn to do your most important services yourself, then you have no problem..I guarantee you that a lot of dealerships are clueless about the correct service of your vehicle concerning its most crucial fluids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpapa791 View Post
I couldn't believe it myself but that is just another example of why you have to pay attention.to every little detail that is done to your rig. I am almost at my 60k service where I need my tc case fluid changed but I don't know who to trust to do it right since the last time I took my beast to the dealer and the service manager told me that my 2007 gcsrt8 didn't have a transfer case. So any confidence in any thing they do is shot straight to hell!

If it's Cheap and Reliable it aint Fast
If it's Cheap and Fast it aint Reliable
If it's Fast and Reliable it aint Cheap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.