Jeep SRT8 "Schooling" Wanted at ATCO this week. - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Track Talk Forum > Track Talk

Track Talk Share your track tales and timeslips here. Check out the Cherokee SRT8 Timeslip Database.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:43 AM

Jeep SRT8 "Schooling" Wanted at ATCO this week.

Would it be possible to get one or more of the Jeep experts to let me crawl around/over/under your Jeep(s) at ATCO this week?

I would love to be schooled on the do's and don'ts of these fine machines, what to watch out for, what to expect etc. I have tried to navigate around this site for information and have found some but would prefer to talk with folks that have already been down the road I think I am heading. Looking particularly for turbo mounting strategies and plumbing, suspension lowering (BWoody vs Road Magnet vs H&R vs coilovers), tire preferences and generally daily driving info.

If the weather is favorable I should be at the track rental on Thursday and the race on Friday.

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Premium Reformed Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostmike View Post
Would it be possible to get one or more of the Jeep experts to let me crawl around/over/under your Jeep(s) at ATCO this week?

I would love to be schooled on the do's and don'ts of these fine machines, what to watch out for, what to expect etc. I have tried to navigate around this site for information and have found some but would prefer to talk with folks that have already been down the road I think I am heading. Looking particularly for turbo mounting strategies and plumbing, suspension lowering (BWoody vs Road Magnet vs H&R vs coilovers), tire preferences and generally daily driving info.

If the weather is favorable I should be at the track rental on Thursday and the race on Friday.

Thanks in advance!
Mike
Thats a great idea and Im sure as many Jeeps as will be there and as goofy as we are about our rides we just love to talk about them, especially with fellow enthusiastic owners. I can say from my own personal experience to STAY AWAY FROM H&R springs. They are for a regular Grand Cherokee and NOT our SRT's. I used these springs back in March of 2010 and the drop in the rear was none at all while it did drop an inch upfront. The scariest part of all was going into hard cornering, the rear end wanted to articulate. Not good and scary as all get out! I almost swapped ends on my Jeep 3 or 4 times with these springs on the round style on ramps and off ramps. I replaced them super quick with Eibach springs and have NEVER had that problem again.

Good luck!
Troy built 2010 Jeep SRT8, Dings Racing forged 392 stroker, boost reference return style fuel system, Mondello heads & manifold, ARH 1 7/8" LT's, Off road midpipe, stock cat back exhaust, ATI 17% OD pulley, Stage 6 2-step, Fluidyne radiator, PP built Nag1, remote transmission cooler, PP Dom. TC., 6,500 PTCM, Wavetrac rear LSD.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:07 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostmike View Post

Thanks in advance!
Mike
youre more than welcome to check mine out, but it's not very exciting
just a jeep with yellow brakes

9.67@143.2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Untouchable For This Useful Post:
m4xm1l10n (11-07-2012), SRT8VIC... (11-07-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 11:20 AM
I just wanna go fast!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

You'll be hanging with some of the best guys you'll ever meet. No one will mind and no question will go unanswered.
The Following User Says Thank You to eskle For This Useful Post:
1BAMFR (11-07-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 11:50 AM

Be careful who you hang around with though...you could get drafted in to helping

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
Old 11-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Live For Today!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Look for the Stage6 or hemishop trailers...bring your wallet!!!

Jerseyboy Tuning

Paramount Performance

The First STAGE6 Twin Turbo Jeep And First Jeep With TWINS UP FRONT!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
I am assuming from your sig pic that you have more than yellow brakes? If so, how do I track you down?

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Major Contributing Member

Hopefully the track rental on Thursday is not canceled. I heard we are supposed to get some wind and rain today and tomorrow. So far nice and sunny Friday..lets keep our fingers crossed.
JEEP SOLD....TODD..2006 JEEP SRT8 -- 4" Bwoody CAI, Borla S w/resonator delete, Stant 18lb rad cap , Lips Harness, Nitto Motivos 275/315, BT Catch Can, Diablo Predator, R1 Eline drilled and slotted front and rear rotors, Hawk ceramic pads
Old 11-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
I was planning on doinig my brakes yellow too but with Huricane Sandy coming, I have no time. Sucks I have othe things I was going to do to the Jeep but the storm took my time.

Ill stop by and introduce myself Friday. Check out your turbo setup.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 AM

I just received a text that stated the decision will be made at 2pm today as to go/no go with the track rental
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.