Let's post some pics of what you do at work. - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:05 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8Girl12 View Post
Hands down, Virgin America is the best airline to fly. They make it feel like you aren't on an airplane. I take Virgin any chance I get. I also don't mind Jet Blue, their prices are pretty good.
Never flown Virgin yet. Heard it was pretty cool from others as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 12:07 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugboatchad View Post
I flew Virgin once, It was very..... cosmic. LOL! I felt I was just some E or shrooms away from a very good journey. HAHA!

I was raised an airline brat as my dad has worked for Alaska Airlines for 42 years now. Ive always enjoyed flying Alaska the most. I love Boeing's 737 800 and 900 model aircraft AK uses. Service has always been great for me and a lot of the flight attendants who have been there 30+ years still recognize me from when i was a kid flying with my dad.

Exactly! HAHAHA! I think it's nice. Upgrade to the better seats and you get free drinks, movies, anything. Let's just say when I flew into Vegas to buy my Jeep, I was feelin REAL good when I got off the plane, LOL.
2007 Harley Custom Nightster - THUNDERHEADER™ Exhaust / Power Commander
Old 11-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Hey right on guys and girls. I love the pics, keep em coming. I wish I could post some stupid pictures myself since I started this. I'll keep trying. iPhone is being difficult.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokanee13 View Post
Hey right on guys and girls. I love the pics, keep em coming. I wish I could post some stupid pictures myself since I started this. I'll keep trying. iPhone is being difficult.
Get the photobucket app for the iPhone and upload them like that, then copy the IMG Code into the post.

Sent from my iPhone 5
Old 11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

What I had to retire from.

2012 GC SRT8(Being Demonized for more): D1SC Procharger, ProLine Racing built engine, forged pistons and rods, custom supercharger cam, Demon/Fore return fuel system, Kook's, SHR, FTI, ATI, DMH cutouts, Brembo Sport rotors slotted, hawks, BT goodies, TS LED tails, LED interior, Borla ATAK, Shark Fin, Johan Tuned, Nate & Skip assembled.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:27 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza View Post
What I had to retire from.

<br/><br/>http://youtu.be/5iv2aj-VrpQ

Sent from my iPhone 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Mongoose9400 For This Useful Post:
forza (11-06-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNKID View Post
Not sure if it's the same Cameron but are the machining centers in your shop floor painted green? We had a project for Cameron Engineering and the machines were green.
What 3D software is that on your monitor? I'm using SolidWorks here at work.
I'm working on the flying part and missiles... Guess what I was for Halloween...?

Here's a picture of my office...
Lol your setup is almost exactly like mine. In the riser department our shop floors are normally white and/or red but other departments may be green. I used solid works for a few years in college but we use Inventor here, almost the exact same thing with a few changes here and there. Usually I'll design in Inventor, proof in Mathcad and the drafters will draft up the 2-D sketches using Inventor. We use both Abaqus and ANSYS for the analysis depending on the complexity of the model.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Major Contributing Member

I design Vapor Recovery Units. Seems I have a similar setup as a few already haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNKID View Post
Not sure if it's the same Cameron but are the machining centers in your shop floor painted green? We had a project for Cameron Engineering and the machines were green.
What 3D software is that on your monitor? I'm using SolidWorks here at work.
I'm working on the flying part and missiles... Guess what I was for Halloween...?

Here's a picture of my office...
^^^ I notice you have your "drag-up box" readily avail too haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

R.I.P. RoKDoG
Chris
2007 GC SRT-8:Red Rock Crystal: CMR tune from Johan, FRI littleboy, Corsa Cat-back, Jet 180 t-stat, 4" Bwoody, Elite Catch Can, Debadged, 20% tint

Last edited by -Chris-; 11-06-2012 at 12:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to -Chris- For This Useful Post:
tugboatchad (11-06-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster3000 View Post
Lol your setup is almost exactly like mine. In the riser department our shop floors are normally white and/or red but other departments may be green. I used solid works for a few years in college but we use Inventor here, almost the exact same thing with a few changes here and there. Usually I'll design in Inventor, proof in Mathcad and the drafters will draft up the 2-D sketches using Inventor. We use both Abaqus and ANSYS for the analysis depending on the complexity of the model.
Yeah that's pretty cool!
I started with Inventor also and they are both very similar and both very user friendly but for the work I do I prefer SolidWorks hands down. I just implemented Enterprise PDM for SolidWorks and is making a huge difference in the department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moron69_2000 View Post

I design Vapor Recovery Units. Seems I have a similar setup as a few already haha.

Cool setup bro! What 3D CAD software do you use?
Ported-Polished Intake Mani/Corsa Catback/3600 Stall Converter/PTCM/
Bwoody 4" CAI/R1 Concept D&S Premium Rotors/Bridgestone 275/315 RF
Summer Tires

Visual Mods: Eibach Lowering Springs/Bwoody End Links/Black Pillars/Antenna Delete/
20% Side Tints-50% Front Tint/Black Taillights/Chrome Delete/Retractable Front Plate/
Stillen Covers/Killer Glass/Switchback LEDs/Interior LEDs/Reverse Prejector LEDs

Old 11-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Premium Reformed Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moron69_2000 View Post

As a person who works around/with vapor recovery I have a request......

Please design that shit so it works throughout the heat of the day!!! LOL! SO Cal and San Fran Bay are such horrible areas to go to refineries for us as the VRU almost ALWAYS breaks down until atmospheric conditions cool down and they can get it up and running again. Maybe they all just have old piles of shit?
Troy built 2010 Jeep SRT8, Dings Racing forged 392 stroker, boost reference return style fuel system, Mondello heads & manifold, ARH 1 7/8" LT's, Off road midpipe, stock cat back exhaust, ATI 17% OD pulley, Stage 6 2-step, Fluidyne radiator, PP built Nag1, remote transmission cooler, PP Dom. TC., 6,500 PTCM, Wavetrac rear LSD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.