Best Surprise Ever! - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Engine Performance/Superchargers/Turbos/Nitrous

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Premium Reformed Member
Lifetime Premium Member

I cant speak for the cam combined with the NOS but as you can see, Vic sure can. I have ran a Lil Boy +0 cam for a year and LOVED it. Nice setup you have going!

Your girl is a super keeper! Any lady that supports our sickness is one not to let get away.
Troy built 2010 Jeep SRT8, Dings Racing forged 392 stroker, boost reference return style fuel system, Mondello heads & manifold, ARH 1 7/8" LT's, Off road midpipe, stock cat back exhaust, ATI 17% OD pulley, Stage 6 2-step, Fluidyne radiator, PP built Nag1, remote transmission cooler, PP Dom. TC., 6,500 PTCM, Wavetrac rear LSD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tugboatchad For This Useful Post:
codyh (11-06-2012), Knuckles (11-07-2012), SRT8VIC... (11-06-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Nice!!!!! She's a keeper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717
Old 11-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the input! Trying to find the NMU now....

Quote:
Nice!!!!! She's a keeper
Pssshhh I know she told you and you didn't tell me!! haha
06' Jeep SRT8 - (Silver) eibach lowering springs, bwoody CAI, mangaflow cat back w/reso deleted, 2 step colder iridium plugs, billet catch can, t-stat, predator tune by johan, drilled & slotted rotors, 8k hid low beams & fogs, smoked rear led lights & signals, led interior lights, custom interior(carbon/black finish), weather tech mats, passport sr7 w/ zr3 shifter, all chrome deletion to match body color with black wheels, rear 315's front 275's

Old 11-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8VIC... View Post
That bracket is custom made with dual purge
kit.
I am having a hard time finding info about this dual solenoid purge set up... I am number one not sure of the reason for two solenoids and also not sure where to plumb the line out of the bottom to(doesn't look like a blow off line). What do you know about this?

Better picture:
Old 11-07-2012, 09:56 AM

Your missing brake line tubing for the dual purge. You would need two pieces, one for the fitting between the two solenoid and another to replace the current one on the right zex logo solenoid. You would need need to route them wherever in the engine bay to an exit out for the dual nitrous to purge out making the cloud. Purpose is to get all the moistur, air caps, dirt out of the main line from bottle to NMU boxlooks before nitrous enters through nmu. This will better the shot, makes it hit harder reducing lag off the line.

The braided Nitrous line would attatch to the nitrous inlet side of the NMU box with an added right angle fitting as an adapter. Just like the photo and instructions post there.
The Following User Says Thank You to SRT8VIC... For This Useful Post:
codyh (11-07-2012)
Old 11-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

That makes sense! Thanks
Quote:
Your missing brake line tubing for the dual purge. You would need two pieces, one for the fitting between the two solenoid and another to replace the current one on the right zex logo solenoid. You would need need to route them wherever in the engine bay to an exit out for the dual nitrous to purge out making the cloud. Purpose is to get all the moistur, air caps, dirt out of the main line from bottle to NMU boxlooks before nitrous enters through nmu. This will better the shot, makes it hit harder reducing lag off the line.

The braided Nitrous line would attatch to the nitrous inlet side of the NMU box with an added right angle fitting as an adapter. Just like the photo and instructions post there.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
I run a zex wet setup with arrington 90mm nitrous Throttle Body 125 shot and FRI LB Cam 0*, you will like it! Especially for a dd and if you dont plan on going SC or big build. Cam is the best bang for the money. Your 4* cam will have more lowend power.
How do you like your set up with the Arrington Nitrous TB? i am going to do a plate setup and was looking at the set up from Nitrousoutlet.com but i also want to upgrade my TB and for the price i think it would be a good upgrade with that 2 for 1 from arrington. does it come with its own nitrous jets or do you use the jets from your zex kit?
Old 11-07-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparpower View Post
How do you like your set up with the Arrington Nitrous TB? i am going to do a plate setup and was looking at the set up from Nitrousoutlet.com but i also want to upgrade my TB and for the price i think it would be a good upgrade with that 2 for 1 from arrington. does it come with its own nitrous jets or do you use the jets from your zex kit?

I like the Arrington 90mm Nitrous TB, I have not had any issues with it. Ran the 90mm TB with out nitrous hooked up for awhile, no issues. I decided to go this route because of the clean install look. The TB does not come with jets, I used my zex jets instead.

Before I had the Nitrous Outlet plate, very nice look as well and does come with Jets and instruction chart. I ended up not using the TB and sold it, I had my Intake manifold ported and opened up to a 90mm to match my other mods. This plate was not a 90mm so it would have restrict me of some air flow at the neck.

Both good products, just beats using the old fashion Nozzle.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
I like the Arrington 90mm Nitrous TB, I have not had any issues with it. Ran the 90mm TB with out nitrous hooked up for awhile, no issues. I decided to go this route because of the clean install look. The TB does not come with jets, I used my zex jets instead.

Before I had the Nitrous Outlet plate, very nice look as well and does come with Jets and instruction chart. I ended up not using the TB and sold it, I had my Intake manifold ported and opened up to a 90mm to match my other mods. This plate was not a 90mm so it would have restrict me of some air flow at the neck.

Both good products, just beats using the old fashion Nozzle.
so what MM is the stock TB? ive been looking at the whole kit threw Nitrous Outlet with the plate then i might upgrade to the Arrington TB when i do Heads,Cam later on.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparpower View Post
so what MM is the stock TB? ive been looking at the whole kit threw Nitrous Outlet with the plate then i might upgrade to the Arrington TB when i do Heads,Cam later on.

Stock opening on the Manifold is 83? Im not too sure but its in the low 80 mm's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
lil boy, nitrous

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.