Anyone play paintball?? - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Have you looked into airsoft? I played paintball tourneys for years... it took all of 1 game to convert me and all of my friends to airsoft.

You can be on the field with 5000 BBs, new gun, all equip (high quality brand name) for about $300.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack_Toepfer For This Useful Post:
WIPLASH (11-06-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Senior Contributing Member

You are correct. But it is a different kind of marker. It's better then the mini. If you haven't really shot it or really looked into it, then to the normal person it's the same. Ido believe the mini was crap but the axe for a starter or just getting back into is alright.

How often are do you play? Also, you play more woodsball or speedball?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
Old 11-06-2012, 04:39 PM

sounds like it will be mostly woodsball, i would love to play speedball but everyone i talk to is too cheap to waste that much paint and they thing its dumb, but i absolutely hate how those guns look, if i wanted something to look like those i would buy a real rifle or gun to shoot...
Old 11-06-2012, 04:42 PM

We are telling you the axe is badass. Many teams use them, iv used one for several events. The mini and axe are not the same...very similar but they do not shoot the same. Iv shot many many guns and I would take the axe over most high end guns.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:00 PM

i should have never looked at the g6r, dammit that thing is badass i want one... its $999!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:01 PM

Buy a used one!!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:06 PM

eeek, i dont buy used anything... i was looking into the 4-600 dollar range recently watched plenty of comparison videos and the etek 4 has always won even against the axe for features...
Old 11-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Ehh most kids on pbnation just want the latest year of everything and sell their setups for cheap. Like i said iv bought and traded many guns on there. If you don't want the axe or a used gun I would save a spend the grand. Just me 2 cents.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:51 PM

I have a G6r if your interested. Black and blue and also have a luxe red and gold. I feel like people shoot more in woods ball then x-ball/ speedball. I use speedball guns in woodsball all the time. But some of the new Tippmanns, BTs and even spiders guns are getting better over the years. Just depends on what you like. You can really deck out an a-5. When I 1st got into paintball the 98s and a-5 were the best. lol you could put lights, rails, stocks, and scopes. Looks military issues. lol. But they get really heavy.

Also, don't forget that if you get a "nice gun" you will need a good hopper/ loader. I have the dye rotor and the empire prophecy. Both in my book are some of the best.

Find a local paintball shop around you and see if they will let you shoot some of the guns or go out to your local field and see what's new in the sport. I myself have not played in about 1-2 yrs. There are a lot of good guns out that you don't have to pay and arm and a leg for. I know you don't like buying used, but you can really find some good stuff. Hit up your shop and they should give you some kind warranty on something used.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushmaster3000 View Post
Ehh most kids on pbnation just want the latest year of everything and sell their setups for cheap. Like i said iv bought and traded many guns on there. If you don't want the axe or a used gun I would save a spend the grand. Just me 2 cents.
Yeah, most will run you 1000+. Just save up, but you can really score on some good guns. Good old PBnation. I would try and hit up someone around your area so that you don't get screwed over.

Where you paintballers located? Would be nice to have a big SRT group go out and play. lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.