W2K under $50K - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim910 View Post
There's no freakin way a brand new (or even a low mileage) 2012 WK2 will listed under $50K.......unless the car was in a wreck, heavily abused or driven around the globe about 5 times. Must be a misprint.

(What some of you guys are willing to post is outright ridiculous these days. I bet next week, we'll see some post about the WK2 being had for a bag of peanuts).
There was just one posted for sale last week at $49,978 and here is another for not much more:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP IN 2014 View Post
There was just one posted for sale last week at $49,978 and here is another for not much more:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...nal&listType=1

Something suspicious about that listing or the car being sold.

How can a car (a limited edition production) that's not even 1 year old loss 20+% of it's value? (Is the Charger/300C SRT8 losing same % of its value also?)

If true, I guess Chryler is in more shit than people realize.

Maybe the WK2 is the new "Pinto?"

I think the WK model line is nearing its end.

Anyways, once my lease is up, I'm seriously thinking about going back to the Cayenne......it may be more money but you get what you pay for.
2012 GC SRT8: Brilliant Black/Black, Luxury Grp 2, Pano Roof, SRT Hi-Perf. Audio, Tow package, 35% front tint, debadged, rebadged, LED rear bulbs, clear bra, CF Rear Hatch Strip, additional CF interior trim.

Coming Soon: 2014 SRT8: Steel Metallic/Sepia, 20" Vapor Black Chrome Wheels

Last edited by Kim910; 11-04-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM

Also if you go by the predictive value of a 2012 with no options from Kelly Blue Book, it is predicted that a one year old 2012 with 15,000 miles will be $36,693, which may be lower than I would predict, but these guys might know what they are talking about.
I just don't see a WK2 holding value like the WK1 due to its high initial selling price and less of a demand as a performance platform. I would venture to guess that 2010 WK1's will be of higher resale about 18 -24 months from now.
Now I am not a WK2 basher, as eventually I will make the leap to that platform if and only if the release of tuning ushers in the spread of performance parts for both the N/A and F/I applications that are dependable and proven.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
There's no way a low mileage 2012 WK2 will listed under $50K.......unless the car was in a wreck, heavily abused or driven around the globe about 5 times. Must be a misprint.

(What some of you guys are willing to post is outright ridiculous these days. I bet next week, we'll see some post about the WK2 being had for a bag of peanuts).
You obviously don't know cars all that well my friend. Not all cars hold their value. A 60k+ Jeep was probably not going to be a smart investment in the long run. When the 08 srt's were going for high 40's, and even 50+ in may 08, I got mine for 35 and some change. You just have to look hard enough. The problem with the WK2 is that it doesn't have that mystical factor of being fast, powerful and good looking. It is refined and the interior is top notch, but most people couldn't tell it apart from an overland. The WK1 had an "oh shit, what the fock is that" factor to it. It also holds it's own at the track against the best of em. It also wasn't followed up in 2012 by a better performance platform, unlike the possibility of the 2014 6.2 SC, which will outmatch the 12 in performance and interior refinement, with the new nav and interior refurbish. I'm not dreaming homie, just seeing the light with all the facts at hand.
Stage 6 Turbocharged 6.1L Silver Jeep SRT8. PWR 419 9.5:1 built for boost/ PWR Mean Street Heads/ Ported Intake/AR 90mm/ PWR Turbo cam/ SHR Tranny/ FTI 3200 Stall Converter. Tuned by Jerseyboy 10.54 @130mph on 12 psi on stock bottom end. Stroker #'s coming soon!. Ballin on a budget!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-04-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Something suspicious about that listing or the car being sold.

How can a car (a limited edition production) that's not even 1 year old loss 20+% of it's value? (Is the Charger/300C SRT8 losing same % of its value also?)

If true, I guess Chryler is in more shit than people realize.

Maybe the WK2 is the new "Pinto?"

I think the WK model line is nearing its end.

Anyways, once my lease is up, I'm seriously thinking about going back to the Cayenne......it may be more money but you get what you pay for.
The 2012 Charger/300 SRT's can be had for mid to high $30k's as listed online. Which would put it at about 20% depreciation since a 300 SRT MSRP can be optioned out to close to if not more than $50,000.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKTOWNSRT8 View Post
You obviously don't know cars all that well my friend. Not all cars hold their value. A 60k+ Jeep was probably not going to be a smart investment in the long run. When the 08 srt's were going for high 40's, and even 50+ in may 08, I got mine for 35 and some change. You just have to look hard enough. The problem with the WK2 is that it doesn't have that mystical factor of being fast, powerful and good looking. It is refined and the interior is top notch, but most people couldn't tell it apart from an overland. The WK1 had an "oh shit, what the fock is that" factor to it. It also holds it's own at the track against the best of em. It also wasn't followed up in 2012 by a better performance platform, unlike the possibility of the 2014 6.2 SC, which will outmatch the 12 in performance and interior refinement, with the new nav and interior refurbish. I'm not dreaming homie, just seeing the light with all the facts at hand.

You may be right....who knows? Time will tell. (However, I highly doubt the '14 will have any added HP). Poor WK2 sales will probably kill the WK model line, so no WK3.

Cars are not investments....not even the "legendary" WK1.

SRT8 cars are like disposable lighters.....you buy them, mod them, abuse them, and throw them away. (Like all good 'ol made-in-the-USA products).

By the way, don't call me "homie"..... I'm not from your "hood."

Last edited by Kim910; 11-04-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP IN 2014 View Post
Also if you go by the predictive value of a 2012 with no options from Kelly Blue Book, it is predicted that a one year old 2012 with 15,000 miles will be $36,693, which may be lower than I would predict, but these guys might know what they are talking about.
I just don't see a WK2 holding value like the WK1 due to its high initial selling price and less of a demand as a performance platform. I would venture to guess that 2010 WK1's will be of higher resale about 18 -24 months from now.
Now I am not a WK2 basher, as eventually I will make the leap to that platform if and only if the release of tuning ushers in the spread of performance parts for both the N/A and F/I applications that are dependable and proven.
Yeah, I love the WK2 as a car for the wife and I'll get one for her soon enough, but I'll never be walking on my WK1 because of the name that they hold.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
You may be right....who knows? Time will tell. (However, I highly doubt the '14 will have any added HP). Poor WK2 sales will probably kill the WK model line, so no WK3.

SRT8 cars are like disposable lighters.....you buy them, mod them, abuse them, and throw them away. (Like all good 'ol made-in-the-USA products).

What a F&$@ing douche you are! Go buy a Beamer that's where you belong. Trust me I been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

Last edited by Cwh80; 11-04-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:

Ok homeboy! Is that better douche magoosh!
Old 11-04-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwh80 View Post
What a F&$@ing douche you are! Go buy a Beamer that's where you belong. Trust me I been there.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

So have I, shit-for-brains. But at least, BMW's hold their value. (and don't lose freakin 20% of their value in less than a year).

Last edited by Kim910; 11-04-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.