Anyone installed a JL Stealth Box in their 2012 or 2013 SRT8 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 Audio/Video/Nav/UConnect/Electronics

WK2 Audio/Video/Nav/UConnect/Electronics This section is to discuss all topics related to audio, video, UConnect, navigation & electronics.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:57 PM

Anyone installed a JL Stealth Box in their 2012 or 2013 SRT8

Has anyone installed the JL Stealth Box in their car. I hate to lay out that kind of money if it is just ok. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Elite Contributing Member

I installed one in my nonSRT 2011 and it made a huge difference over the stock sub. I'm powering it with a JL HD750
Web: sf10caravan.com

2012 300SRT--Mods so far....CMR tune from Toona, tinted taillights, Kooks LTs and high flow cats, soon to be released catback, Mopar lowering springs, HIDs in the driving lights, tinted windows, LMI true CAI, and a bunch of BT bling.
ng.

Powered by PWR Tooned by Johan Blinged by Billet Technologies
Old 10-23-2012, 08:16 AM

I installed one in my 2012 SRT8 when I had it. It wasn't earth shaking but it was better than the factory of course. I doubt I would purchase it again in retrospect. I used an alpine pdx 1.600. The stealth box came in handy because it was stationary, my box with my 10w6 kept sliding around. If the stealthbox came with a 10w6 it would have been perfect in my opinion.

Last edited by SRT8PANK; 10-23-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 AM

I wonder if it has something to do with the signal from the headunit, I replaced the headunit in mine, and I get great bass from the stealthbox.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:49 PM

I just got one installed. It's awesome. You will definitely need a remote volume knob to fine tune it. When I first installed it there was way too much bass. With the crossover at 80hz and the gain about 1/4 of the way on my JL audion amp it sounds perfect. If you're looking for thug pounding bass then find a 12 inch sub.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 PM

Head Unit Replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekaz View Post
I wonder if it has something to do with the signal from the headunit, I replaced the headunit in mine, and I get great bass from the stealthbox.
Which Head unit did you go with, and are you able to access all the control functions found ion the original unit? (GPS, voice command, etc...)

Thanks, I've been wondering about this for some time now.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbman View Post
Which Head unit did you go with, and are you able to access all the control functions found ion the original unit? (GPS, voice command, etc...)

Thanks, I've been wondering about this for some time now.
I replaced it with a Pioneer Z140BH, so I still have NAV and it has its own microphone and VR system. Works great so far, just need to finish tuning it one of these days.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 PM

UPDATE: I threw the stealth box in and I have to say for a single 10" sub it sounds fantastic. I have A 500 watt mono-block amp with adjustable bass knob and it really compliments the stereo perfectly. All in about $1200 and the system finally sounds like it should. Anyone out there should do this if they want more bass in their stereo system. It was very easy to install the woofer and the battery location (under the passenger seat) and mounting the amp (under the rear seat) made it overall, a pretty easy installation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.