Looking to purchase new all season tires - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Wheels & Tires Discussion

WK1 Wheels & Tires Discussion Discuss wheel and tire options here.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:27 PM

You can see my thread for pics and more info....I did lots of research and read a ton of reviews. If you want an all season that performs well in all categories go with the Motivos. I was the first here to get them and at least 5 others have since I did. Super quiet, awesome ride- soooo smooth and grippy and good steering response. Fine in the rain too. Snow is next up lol. BTW if you are considering the Conti DWS, these will kick the Contis ass on dry as far as grip, cornering and steering response, and likely equally good in rain/light snow.

Last edited by rickrad; 10-20-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 PM

pardon me for bumping this but i recently bought a 2010 jeep srt8 new to trucks i always had cars. im in need of tires as well. quick question i know this truck is all wheel drive and its set to the tires it comes from factory doesn't the transfer case go bad if u get different tire size beside factory?
Old 11-05-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtswag View Post
pardon me for bumping this but i recently bought a 2010 jeep srt8 new to trucks i always had cars. im in need of tires as well. quick question i know this truck is all wheel drive and its set to the tires it comes from factory doesn't the transfer case go bad if u get different tire size beside factory?
Several threads and lots of posts on this. Short answer, as long as the front and rear circumferences are reasonably close...less than 3% difference you should be fine. Most tires people have gone with when replacing the stock GYs are well under that, usually closer to 1%. Read the threads on the tires and the reviews and make a decision. If you are looking for an awesome all-season, read my thread on the Nitto Motivos.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:27 AM

Garage
Specs on diameter differences across popular models:
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=67528

I bought Nitto Motivos.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 AM
D VADER
Premium Member

I have a 2010 SRT8 with the original Goodyear Run-flats. I hate them. They ride rougher than hell and if you punture them and plug them you void the high speed warranty. So I'm thinking about an all season tire. Members here seem to endorse the Nitto Motivos. Are these run-flats? For a spare are you using the mini compressor and slime kit?

Bob
Volant dual intake CAI, BT Catch Can, Jet 180 Thermostat. BWoody end links and Predator. 5" tips, RaceMesh rear louvers, R1 Rotors, Hawk ceramics. TruFiber Charger Hood, Mopar rear spoiler. Painted satin window trim. Nitto Motivo.
Hybrid- Burns gasoline & Rubber
Old 11-25-2012, 09:23 AM

Garage
Motivos are not run flats. Use the saved $$ for a AAA membership, 10 steak dinners at Mortons, and the roadside kit you mentioned. Read up in the tire forum on the options and details. Motivos were best for my needs for a daily driver (Warranty, sizes, all weather, rubber density/life). Run flats were just too much to justify the price for the benefit. I have a short commute in an area where a AAA tow is more practical than dropping the $$$ on run flats. Plus you're constrained to certain sizes if you stay with run flats.

Last edited by srt8gofast; 11-25-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:08 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D VADER View Post
I have a 2010 SRT8 with the original Goodyear Run-flats. I hate them. They ride rougher than hell and if you punture them and plug them you void the high speed warranty. So I'm thinking about an all season tire. Members here seem to endorse the Nitto Motivos. Are these run-flats? For a spare are you using the mini compressor and slime kit?

Bob
At this point ANY tire would be a better replacement for the crapyears!!
This just happend to me a week ago, thank god I wasn't going at a high speed on the highway.
Attached Thumbnails
photo (12).jpg  
Old 11-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

With the Nitos you mentioned what sizes are you all going with? Still stag or all one size? Thanks going with them as I just can't take the crap years any more. I even have two new ones on the back that I am taking off just to go with a new brand and start from new. Either going to order from discount online from our forum or firestone has great match prices and life time wheel balance and alignments
HHP/BES Sports Series 426 Stroker~HHP Ported and Polished Stage 2 Heads and Custom Ceramic HHP Stage 2 Intake~87MM Modern Muscel Throttle Body~Manley Proformance Pushrods~HHP/BES Stage 4 Custom NA Cam~Paramount Dominator Torque Convertor~ATI Flex Plate~Paramount HT Transfer Case~And PTCM~Billet Catch Can~Fore custom HHP fuel rails~NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs~Corsa CatBack Exhaust~HHP 180 T-Stat~
Old 11-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,032 Times in 846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltleo View Post
With the Nitos you mentioned what sizes are you all going with? Still stag or all one size? Thanks going with them as I just can't take the crap years any more. I even have two new ones on the back that I am taking off just to go with a new brand and start from new. Either going to order from discount online from our forum or firestone has great match prices and life time wheel balance and alignments
They are going with a Staggered size.....
Old 11-25-2012, 03:10 PM
D VADER
Premium Member

Thanks Brothers. It looks like I need Nitto Motivos 275/35ZR-20 & 315/35ZR-20 tires. What can I expect to pay for these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.