Interior Carbon Trim Addition.... - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 Interior/Exterior Visual Modifications

WK2 SRT8 Interior/Exterior Visual Modifications This section is for discussing WK2 interior and exterior visual modifications

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8BLK View Post
thanks for your help. i decided to hold off on the kit. maybe my type A personality, but i can tell the difference in color slightly also. most people won't notice but small differences bother me.
Im also pretty picky about that sort of thing, and the color of the carbon is not an issue. Its probably the photo playing tricks on your eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

my wife said no, she does not like it. Oh well, more money saved for the trinity and LC1!!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

Looks slick... Cudos

2007 Silver SRT
Boost Coming 2015

Quad Retrofit-Chrome Delete-Tint-Satin Black 22"s-Toyo Proxes STII-Solo Exhaust-RM 1.7"-Painted Roof Rails-Trinity-9500ix-Pioneer HU-Alpine Door Speakers-Diamond Audio 12"s-Billet Tech Underhood Kit-6K Highs/Lows/Fogs-Billet Tech Door Locks-TLS LED Tails-LED Rear Fogs-Cree 6K Reverse Lights-Billet Tech Catch Can-Dynamat-R1 Drilled Rotors-Stoptech Brake Pads-Tinted Tails
-Johan Tune
Old 10-24-2012, 07:21 PM

I just ordered mine through CARiD.....however, the REMIN Basic kit for the Jeep is backordered about 2 weeks.

I did, however, get the MOMO CF shift knob and installed today....looks great!
2012 GC SRT8: Brilliant Black/Black, Luxury Grp 2, Pano Roof, SRT Hi-Perf. Audio, Tow package, 35% front tint, debadged, rebadged, LED rear bulbs, clear bra, CF Rear Hatch Strip, additional CF interior trim.

Coming Soon: 2014 SRT8: Steel Metallic/Sepia, 20" Vapor Black Chrome Wheels

Last edited by Kim910; 10-24-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:17 AM

How hard is the install?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:06 PM

Well, after waiting patiently for almost 2.5 weeks, I finally received and installed my Remin CF dash kit and I gotta say I'm rather disappointed.

The quality of the pieces themselves are alright but the fit is just terrible. There are ugly seams and big gaps in some of the pieces (esp. the ones around the air vents), and other pieces don't even extend all the way to the edge of the trim to cover up the silver surface. This is most noticeable in the center dash console and around the air vents. Also, I have no idea why some of the pieces are cut right in the middle which makes for some ugly seams after install. The manufacturer did a terrible job during the scanning process after seeing how all the pieces came together.

I installed 3 other dash kits in the past, and I gotta say this is the worst kit I have yet seen as far as fit, look, and install.

Based on my recent experience with this kit, I suggest anyone interested in WK2 dash kits to look elsewhere.

Last edited by Kim910; 10-30-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:32 PM

Re; Seams and coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim910 View Post
Well, after waiting patiently for almost 2.5 weeks, I finally received and installed my Remin CF dash kit and I gotta say I'm rather disappointed.

The quality of the pieces themselves are alright but the fit is just terrible. There are ugly seams and big gaps in some of the pieces (esp. the ones around the air vents), and other pieces don't even extend all the way to the edge of the trim to cover up the silver surface. This is most noticeable in the center dash console and around the air vents. Also, I have no idea why some of the pieces are cut right in the middle which makes for some ugly seams after install. The manufacturer did a terrible job during the scanning process after seeing how all the pieces came together.

I installed 3 other dash kits in the past, and I gotta say this is the worst kit I have yet seen as far as fit, look, and install.

Based on my recent experience with this kit, I suggest anyone interested in WK2 dash kits to look elsewhere.
No there is not total coverage on the edges of the silver trim around the center console because there are curved edges which would be very difficult to cover with the adhesive pieces. I personally dont find the silver edge offensive because their uniform and straight all the way around (if installed correctly).

I do agree that they shouldn't have made the pieces for the air vents that are not one connected piece, and that goes for the large center console piece that surrounds the stereo controls and A/C. I was however able to get the two ends to meet up flush with one another so its not that noticeable. Again, a perfect install is required to get this to work.

I wonder if you you noticed the silver edges around the center console in my photos?

As far as other kits, I wonder if others who have installed those could post some pics of theirs? I would like to see how they address these same areas.

Last edited by hubbman; 10-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbman View Post
No there is not total coverage on the edges of the silver trim around the center console because there are curved edges which would be very difficult to cover with the adhesive pieces. I personally dont find the silver edge offensive because their uniform and straight all the way around (if installed correctly).

I do agree that they shouldn't have made the pieces for the air vents that are not one connected piece, and that goes for the large center console piece that surrounds the stereo controls and A/C. I was however able to get the two ends to meet up flush with one another so its not that noticeable. Again, a perfect install is required to get this to work.

I wonder if you you noticed the silver edges around the center console in my photos?

As far as other kits, I wonder if others who have installed those could post some pics of theirs? I would like to see how they address these same areas.

I was able to get the two split ends on the center dash console piece and air vent pieces to meet up but even then it still looks "cheap" and noticeable. Believe me, I am not anal about details like a lot of guys here but even to friends of mine who are non-car guys, they said it looks bad.

As far as the silver showing, I guess I can understand not being able to cover 100% of it due to the curvature of the trim, but almost 1/2 in of silver showing all the way around the top portion of the center dash console is NOT acceptable.....again, makes the entire kit look like a "cheap" add-on.

Last edited by Kim910; 10-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:12 PM

Top piece???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim910 View Post
I was able to get the two split ends on the center dash console piece and air vent pieces to meet up but even then it still looks "cheap" and noticeable. Believe me, I am not anal about details like a lot of guys here but even to friends of mine who are non-car guys, they said it looks bad.

As far as the silver showing, I guess I can understand not being able to cover 100% of it due to the curvature of the trim, but almost 1/2 in of silver showing all the way around the top portion of the center dash console is NOT acceptable.....again, makes the entire kit look like a "cheap" add-on.
Hmmm, Not sure what you mean about the 1/2" of silver showing at the top of the center dash?

Do you see that in my pics as well?

Did you take any pics of your install?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbman View Post
Hmmm, Not sure what you mean about the 1/2" of silver showing at the top of the center dash?

Do you see that in my pics as well?

Did you take any pics of your install?
I did take pics and am in the process of uploading them. I do admit your install came out a tiny bit better than mine, however, a couple of your photos does clearly show quite a bit of silver still exposed......esp. the top portion of the center dash console (above the NAV screen) and around the center air vents, as well as the lower compartment door (where the lighter is). One of the photos also clearly shows a big, ugly seam right down the middle.....just above the NAV screen.....right at eye level......terrible! (You could even see it in low lighting....imagine how bad that looks in daylight!). All the other dash kits I've installed in the past never had so much of the underlying trim showing (or seams for that matter). This is not a good kit plain and simple.

Last edited by Kim910; 10-31-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.