Torn down the transfer case today.
Full tool set, assorted extensions. Mainly 15mm and 10 mm sockets.
1.Rolled my rig up on wheel ramps to start the project(ebrake and wheel stops).
2.Unbolted the rear drive shaft that comes out of the t-case(4 bolts 15mm)
3. drain the fluid out of the tcase
4.Remove 32mm bolt that holds the drive shaft coupler to the output shaft and take off the coupler(may require a few light taps from a hammer) A little fluid will leak out the result is pictured.
5. Unbolt the rear most plate on the t-case itself (10mm) There are two pry spots on the plate on on the bottom and one on top, since the case is still installed on the car you have to take a large flat head and pry it off with the bottom one, it takes alittle cause you have to break the seals. After you take the plate off you will see below. The two gear like metal pieces need to be removed.
6. Unbolt the center of the t-case (may need some liquid wrench) I sheared one bolt so i had to drill it out. Just be careful when removing them.
7. Unplug the hose that is on the top of the case
8. Split the case using a larger screw driver.
9. After you remove the case theres a snap ring holding the plate into the clutch basket.
remove the snap ring and the top plate will come off and the clutches will be exposed. With the clutches removed it will look like so.
10. Took the case out and cleaned it up, new clutches and plates.
11. Put them back the way they came out. Make sure the magnet get cleaned and everything gets wiped out good.
12.Use high temp silicone to re-seal the case back together when its time to reinstall the half.
13. reinstall the rear most plate, make sure you seal inside where you see the old gasket as well as the outside.
14. torque all the bolts down and reinstall the hose on the top of the case.
15. Let the case dry before you add the fluid. Then add the fluid.
16. Reinstall the t-case motor and plug is back in.
17. Drive it and enjoy a fresh t-case.
The clutches i removed were terrible, burnt all up. My case hummed alittle until i drove it around the neighborhood, now its functioning good.
I rode 2wd for over one year and now im happy and back to awd. Thanks for anyone who helped me. It ended up costing around $500 bucks to rebuild completely.
Ill get the part numbers that i purchased.