Nitto Motivos 275/40, 315/35 Mounted Up! - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Wheels & Tires Discussion

WK1 Wheels & Tires Discussion Discuss wheel and tire options here.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8gofast View Post
Can't remember, do you have the stock suspension?
No mods on the suspension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Rickrad, How's your traction on dry WOT take off?
I did a WOT launch from a dead stop. Just a chirp(this on a smooth tarry side road). On good black top it would be even better. Quite grippy I would say.

Last edited by rickrad; 09-16-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:28 AM

Loving everything about these tires so far. And anyone that thinks these look like the runflats, umm no. They are a much much bolder looking tire, and the performance is incomparable.

From Motor Trend-

"The Motivo has an aesthetic appeal, with copious amounts of siping that define the tread design. Fin-shaped, straight, diagonal, and 3-D multi-wave sipes create the Motivo's unique and aggressive-looking tread pattern designed in part to provide improved escape routes for water and light snow. In addition, the Motivo sports four wide circumferential grooves, which Nitto says further help water escape. The 3-D multi-wave sipes are one of Nitto's newest innovations, and while they look like regular sipes, inside there are little grooves that resemble stalagmites in a cave. These little grooves allow water to disperse more freely and also contribute largely to the Motivo's 60,000-mile limited treadwear warranty, as they help improve resistance to irregular wear by better absorbing uneven road surfaces."
The Following User Says Thank You to rickrad For This Useful Post:
PBGas (09-16-2012)
Old 09-16-2012, 06:55 AM

Thx a bunch for posting up your thoughts and pics on these! Looks like a great alternative to what is out there and priced not too badly at all.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBGas View Post
Thx a bunch for posting up your thoughts and pics on these! Looks like a great alternative to what is out there and priced not too badly at all.
No problem! Yeah I did a lot of looking and comparing what was available in an all-season that didn't cost an arm and a leg, and I am pretty picky- I didn't want to compromise very much in any area. Toyos and Contis are ok tires but neither are great or even good in all categories. Even though the Motivos are a new tire, plenty of info and excellent reviews available to convince me they are the best all season tire for these rigs for $1000 or less.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Garage
I'm considering these or Vreds to replace my Invos. We don't get bad weather here so I don't need all season. How is the grip compared to the Nittos? I want to make sure I can still get great hole-shot grip.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapiron7 View Post
I'm considering these or Vreds to replace my Invos. We don't get bad weather here so I don't need all season. How is the grip compared to the Nittos? I want to make sure I can still get great hole-shot grip.
The grip is very good. I haven't found any shortcomings...these tires are great. Now if you want to do hard cornering they will hold their own with the summer tires but not quite going to give you the same performance, which you wouldn't expect. For an all-season, I don't think there is anything better than the Motivos for a grand. If you do not need an all season, then yeah consider the Vreds. Not sure if the tread life on those is going to be as good as the Motivos, if thats a consideration for you.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrad View Post
For an all-season, I don't think there is anything better than the Motivos for a grand.
275/315 Motivos are finally ordered and my appointment is scheduled for Wednesday. I've been ******d for weeks with GY separating tread hanging by a string. Been driving my kid's 4-cylinder underpowered Sentra beater for the past couple weeks and can't wait to return to something with muscle. Go buy petroleum stock... its time to start buying SRT8 gas again!!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

Old 10-05-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
275/315 Motivos are finally ordered and my appointment is scheduled for Wednesday. I've been ******d for weeks with GY separating tread hanging by a string. Been driving my kid's 4-cylinder underpowered Sentra beater for the past couple weeks and can't wait to return to something with muscle. Go buy petroleum stock... its time to start buying SRT8 gas again!!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

Awesome! I am sure you are gonna love em. Keep us posted.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:12 PM

Garage
I currently have these tires on another vehicle and agree they are great in dry weather but be very care full in the wet. I have tried multiple summer and all season tires and these seem to be the worst when it comes to cornering when it is wet. They hold no grip at all. I can feel as the tires start to slide across asphalt and concrete. Just a worning to be carefull with these on wet surfaces in the corners. I musf say though in all other conditions they are just fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.