Installing front LED turn signals - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Lighting Discussion

WK1 Lighting Discussion Use this area for all things related to interior/exterior lighting.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM
Senior Contributing Member

BUMP...
So anyone able to snap a quick pic of thier "resistors" wired into LED turn/park signals??? Been wanting to do this mod for while now but been putting off. Want a nice picture to look at to make installation smoother. PLEASE! PLEASE!! PLEASE!!! post a pic for a friend in need. :-(
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Elite Contributing Member

I'll try to snap one for you in a few
Stage 6 Turbocharged 6.1L Silver Jeep SRT8. PWR 419 9.5:1 built for boost/ PWR Mean Street Heads/ Ported Intake/AR 90mm/ PWR Turbo cam/ SHR Tranny/ FTI 3200 Stall Converter. Tuned by Jerseyboy 10.54 @130mph on 12 psi on stock bottom end. Stroker #'s coming soon!. Ballin on a budget!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Supporting Vendor

I agree with using weatherproof connections and heat shrink. I always toss the quick taps that come with resistors in the garbage. For that matter I always wireloom the resistor wires for added protection.

On 06-08s I've needed to use 1.5ohm of resistance and 3 ohm on 09-10 with OEM HIDs. That's with the switchbacks I use.
Challenger Hood-Flat Black Wheels-Tinted LED Tails/etc-Kicker-Eibach/RM-Bwoody Links-90mm TB-P&P Intake Manifold-ProCharger D1SC-PPP Pro Series Stage 1 Cam-PSI Springs-American Racing Headers-Mopar Exhaust-5" Tips-JerseyBoy CMR Tune-Trinity w/AFR-80lb Injectors-Fore Rails-Wilwoods-SHR Trans-FTI Performance Convertor-ATI Flexplate-Stage6 Dual Pumps-BT CC & Underhood-R1 Cryo'd Rotors

Old 11-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Holy shit that's bright, I already have problems with blinding everyone on the road. I even get cops to shine their spotlight in my face because my HID's are so bright. Good thing is I can spot a cop a mile away with my lights bouncing off their reflectors on their cars.

Can some one post more pics of these turned on ? And are these switchbacks? And what are switchbacks, don't know much about lights lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2007 Silver Jeep SRT8...that's all you need to know
Old 11-28-2012, 11:49 AM
Supporting Vendor

I always use switchbacks. They are white with the running lights on but switch to amber with the turn signal.

Here's a pic I have test firing to make sure I had it installed in the socket correctly (they are polarity sensitive):
Old 11-28-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSpecial View Post
I always use switchbacks. They are white with the running lights on but switch to amber with the turn signal.

Here's a pic I have test firing to make sure I had it installed in the socket correctly (they are polarity sensitive):

Thanks for the quick feed back.... Is there anyway you can get a pic of the wiring witht eh resistors wired in to make lights flash. When i intstall my 3157 LED bulbs the turn on... but they dont flash correctly. They Stay on highest flash and do not flicker. Im hoping the resistor will fix issue. Not sure if i bought correct one. I got a load resistor 3 ohm 50w. I think i may have ordered wrong part. Seeing a pi would help me identify the correct resistor needed. Sorry not very good with electical... Thanks again though brotha!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

I don't have any pics of the wiring. You tie it into the turn signal wire (can test with a test light to see what wire it is) and then I run the other end to chassis ground.

If the 3ohm doesn't take care of it, try 1.5ohms. Which would be two 3ohm resistors wired in parallel. If you wired them in series that would be 6ohm.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:53 PM

BUMP.....

Any one willing to post pics of wiring config(resistors mainly hooked up) for the LED Turn/Parking bulbs on '07? Would like to get these installed ASAP!!!!

Please help a brotha out!!! :-(
Old 01-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Supporting Vendor

Tap to the turn signal wire with one end......other end to chassis ground. Pretty simple. Test light will tell you what wire is the turn signal wire.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:19 PM
Major Contributing Member

Radio shack just had 4.7's but I paralleled em and gets me a faster flash that looks cool.
Thanks all ya's
60ft..1.61
76mm CompTurbo
Special thanks to ebay
[/COLOR]DaToonA ain't Frikn around.....
http://youtu.be/f9FxOqs2Xx8

Last edited by HEMI TME; 01-16-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.