New LED Interior Lights - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Lighting Discussion

WK1 Lighting Discussion Use this area for all things related to interior/exterior lighting.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 08-27-2012, 06:02 PM

New LED Interior Lights

Hey guys,
I just changed out my interior light to LED, I did all the doom light in while and the foot part red, the glove box red, and the trunk red. Here are some pictures of it during the day, I'll post some night ones up once it gets dark. Let me know what you guys think.

Glove box

Trunk

Rear Doom

The foot part lol

Front Doom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2012, 06:44 PM

nice!! im looking to do the same thing! do you have bulb numbers for trunk, glove box, front & rear dome!! looks great! thanks!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:57 PM

These are the links that i got mine from, they are awesome and super bright.

- This is for the rear doom
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/8-SMD-Wide-..._t10_sku18.htm

-This is for the glove box, the foot part, and the trunk, all the same type of bulb.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/SMD-LED-Doo..._t10_sku11.htm

-And this is for the front doom, they have different sizes and colors if you look on the website.
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/24-LED-Inte...anel_sku95.htm
Old 11-05-2012, 07:22 AM

How many bulbs to do both foot wells?
Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroudism View Post
How many bulbs to do both foot wells?
1 bulb per foot well up front. It's a total of 7 bulbs if you don't count thr 2 vanities & glovebox. I did all but those 3 in red LEDs. I'll do the 2 vanities in white & leave thr glove box stock so I don't have the dim glow of the LEDs when they are off.
4" Bwoody CAI|Predator|BT Catch Can|170 T-Stat|Bwoody 1/0/1.7|Tinted LED Tails w/ Lipz Wiring & Rear Fog Harness|Tinted Fog Lamps w/ 4300k HIDs|2 Step Colder NGK Plugs|2.5% Tint|Full LED Interior|Stillens|Shorty Antenna|Custom Flowmaster Exhaust|JL10W6 w/ JL 500/1 Amp|Stage6 Motorsports QA1 shocks|22" Gloss Black Reps|

In the works.... 76mm Turbo
Old 11-12-2012, 06:03 PM

Cool thanks for the info. But it sounds like there are a total of 4 bulbs under the dash (footwells) right? I want to do red too. It looks sweet.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroudism View Post
Cool thanks for the info. But it sounds like there are a total of 4 bulbs under the dash (footwells) right? I want to do red too. It looks sweet.
There's only two footwell lights.
Stage 6 Turbocharged 6.1L Silver Jeep SRT8. PWR 419 9.5:1 built for boost/ PWR Mean Street Heads/ Ported Intake/AR 90mm/ PWR Turbo cam/ SHR Tranny/ FTI 3200 Stall Converter. Tuned by Jerseyboy 10.54 @130mph on 12 psi on stock bottom end. Stroker #'s coming soon!. Ballin on a budget!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-24-2013, 04:03 PM

Hey guys, I ordered these lights for the foot wells and the maps. I got the foot wells and rear maps in no problem. I have a question about the front maps. The bulbs are completely different from the stocks. They are a flat LED panel 1.5" x 1.25" with an adaptor that fits in the bulb socket. How did you mount these panels inside the lens?? I took the outer chrome piece out....leaving the inner one in. Did you just shove everything up in there and let the LED panel float around? Or actually mount it some how? Thanks!
Old 03-26-2013, 08:52 PM

I purchased the ones from ijmdtoy.com. I'm getting a constant when I put in both map lights, anyone else? It may just be the wrong bulb, b/c the packaging said it was for a Commander. I replaced every light in the cabin except for the vanity lights.

Last edited by BWSRT-8; 03-26-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWSRT-8 View Post
I purchased the ones from ijmdtoy.com. I'm getting a constant when I put in both map lights, anyone else? It may just be the wrong bulb, b/c the packaging said it was for a Commander. I replaced every light in the cabin except for the vanity lights.
try putting the standard bulb back in the hatch, dim glowing is a common issue when all bulbs are replaced with leds, one incandesant will usually create enough resistance to make the differance

"knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing to not put them in a fruit salad"
The Following User Says Thank You to kennzz05 For This Useful Post:
BWSRT-8 (03-30-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.