Installing Eibach Springs and BWoody End Links - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Suspension / Driveline Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:09 AM

Yeah, I've heard people say swapping the tires out makes a big difference. I'd love to do it tomorrow but I just can't bring myself to spend the money when the tires on it still have good tread (the fronts were new when I bought it and rears are probably 1/2 done). I figure I will wait until the rears need replacing and then swap out all four.

As for my alignment... I have the spec sheet at the house and can't remember what they all were. Off the top of my head the only thing I remember being out enough to be an "issue" over many miles was the toe on the left front. For all I know it may have been off to some degree before lowering it though. The camber on both was -1.2 and he said that wasn't adjustable on these but that was certainly not enough to worry about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Garage
Dude I was also not able to justify new tires... until the front left tire blew out on my wife on the highway at only 14k miles. A lot of people have had that issue with the RSA tires and the sidewalls failing. Trust me bro, the price is justified for safety.

2012 Chrysler 300 SRT8
Billet Tech CC | Speedlogix CAI | T1000 tune | Mopar STB | 180* thermo | Magnaflow Cat-back | 20% tint and smoked tails

2004 Ford F150 SVT Lightning
Flowmaster cat-back | JLT CAI | Pulley and Tune coming soon
Old 09-07-2012, 07:20 PM

They may get replaced before they "need" to be but unfortunately we just had to drop $3k+ on my wife's car (transmission took a shit ) so it won't be any time soon.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
My GT500:

My Lightning:
Good looking vehicles! I really like the wheels you had on the GT500. I will most likely own one of those one day as well but decided to get out of the Stang game for a bit and go a different route (ie the Jeep). No regrets at this point. Eventually I will miss having a manual transmission though. It never fails, unless you have one of each I always end up missing the other for different reasons.

Here's a pic of my L and last few Stangs -

Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM

Wow, you must own a buffer and know how to use it! The shine on that black Mustang is incredible. All of them look nice. Even the paint on that green foxbody looks flawless!

Brian A.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Major Contributing Member

Gibby, post up some pics of the results!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavinger View Post
Wow, you must own a buffer and know how to use it! The shine on that black Mustang is incredible. All of them look nice. Even the paint on that green foxbody looks flawless!

Brian A.

Thanks. I do own a buffer and for the most part know how to use it, lol. I wish I could say that the black '95 was as clean as it appears in that photo but it did not. I had recently buffed it and while it had a nice shine to it there were many swirl marks and imperfections. That was my first and potentially last black automobile.

The green Notch I painted myself and spent many a long hours wet sanding and buffing it. It certainly wasn't perfect but it turned out quite nice I thought for my first full car spray.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.