Grease fittings on Bwoody end links? - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Suspension / Driveline Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:05 PM

I did the grease fittings. Yeah, it may not be necessary, but what is a quick shot of lithium while I am under changing the oil. It takes two seconds, and I will never have squeaks.

By the way, I was told I was the first to request the links with zerk fittings (patting myself on the back).

The guys at Bwoody said they hadn't had the request before. Two days later it was listed as option on their site. I have them on my wrangler and I have always liked being able to shoot some grease in it (keeps things quiet in the ol' rattletrap wrangler).

I think they did mine in a hurry, because the placement of the upper fittings on mine were in crappy locations. I posted a few pics about a year ago when upgraded my GY Runcraps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 02:26 PM
GOING TWIN SNAIL STATUS
Lifetime Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to nyjoed
how do u intall the grease fitings? ive had a new set of enlinks that are being painted and not sure how to use the grease fittings??

*FIRST JEEP RUNNING F1-A PROCHARGER W/ WASTEGATE ON STOCK BLOCK*
BROUGHT TO YOU BY DEMON PERFORMANCE AND TRUESTREET PEROFRMACE
Old 12-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Supporting Vendor

mine are not greasable however when i installed them, i coated everything in a good quality water resistant grease in the bore where the bushings go and all over the bushings themselves

grease nipples will have the endlink drilled and tapped for a 3/8 grease fitting to screw into. nothing a guy with a drill and tap couldnt do in an hour if he has the parts especially if youre just painting them

2009 Brilliant Black-Powertrain: TTC 6262 Kit, Stage 6 2Step, Demon Fuel, Wavetrac & Axles, Full Paramount Driveline, Jet 180* Stat & Lock Cap, Borla S:Appearance: DC Headlights, Tinted Tails , Smoothed Moldings, Murdered, Black Reps, CF Venom Hood, Venom Green Brake Calipers, Eibachs
10's Best Be Coming
Old 12-05-2012, 04:41 PM
GOING TWIN SNAIL STATUS
Lifetime Premium Member

so what is the point of the greasae nipples?lol i was gonna coat everything in copper anti-seize. will that be good enough?
Old 12-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjoed View Post
so what is the point of the greasae nipples?lol i was gonna coat everything in copper anti-seize. will that be good enough?
just extra piece of mind, grease them without needing to remove them however i havent had an issue. for my lift kit on my truck where its always moving i grease them weekly but i baby the truck.

just coat everything like crazy in a good grease and assemble
The Following User Says Thank You to LAFNGAS@TTC For This Useful Post:
nyjoed (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 PM
GOING TWIN SNAIL STATUS
Lifetime Premium Member

How do the bushings come out to drill the link itself?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM

I just installed mine today along with the Eibach Pro Kit. Bought the grease fittings and you just screw them in the pre-tapped holes. Don't know if I'll ever need them , but for $25 bucks, like others have said, peace of mind. I also painted mine prior to installing, and you can't really see them unless you look really close. The only thing I would say is buy new washers for the front links as you use the existing OEM bolts and washers. If I had known that prior to installing, I would have also done the bolts too, as they were pretty rusty.

'07 SRT8, Performance Mods: Mopar TCM, AFE Stage 2 CAI, Billet Technologies Catch Can, 180 T-Stat, Magnaflow High Flow Cat Exhaust, SLP Under drive Pulley, Modern Muscle Ported 85MM Throttle Body, Toona Tune. Visual Mods: Eibach Lowering Springs, BWoody End Links, Sway Bars, 315/275 Toyo Proxes STII , TLS SRT Custom Door Moldings, TLS Brake, Fog Kit, Front Chrome Delete.

"It's Five O'Clock Somewhere"
Old 12-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyjoed View Post
How do the bushings come out to drill the link itself?

pop the middle steel insert out and then pry out the bushings, they just press in from the outside, easy peasy
The Following User Says Thank You to LAFNGAS@TTC For This Useful Post:
nyjoed (12-06-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.