Diesel Competition - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose City GC SRT8 View Post
Maybe Ralph will give us an SRT8 diesel. They can call it the "Sooter edition". Bring back the center exhaust and you can soot out anyone!
It would have to be a SRT6 Cummins.

www.dingsracing.com
I'm gettting frustrated with modding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2012, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Toepfer View Post
1 obvious advantage is a fuel that doesn't require additional octane to add timing or boost. The other is a very robust forged motor made for boost and tons of it. Oh, and they come from the factory with turbos already. So you're way ahead of the game there.

To be a top dog your going to spend a ton of cash, but you can run 11s in a 7.3 dinosaur with a way less than $10k into it. You can have a lot of fun in a diesel truck for $3k and beat most of what's out there. The transmissions are better now but not bulletproof, but everything else is usually up to the task.

They respond very well to nitrous, propane, methanol, water and just about anything else you can cram down the intake.
you cant run 11's in a 7.3 with less than 10k .. not a chance, even if its a reg cab.

6.4's run 12.5-12.8 on a tune intake exhaust. they make 570-600 and 60ft mid 1.60's with ease.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
There is a 7.3l in my area making upwards of 1000wheel with compound turbos, water and nitrous. Runs 6s in the 1/8mi. I was king of the trucks at cruise night in the Jeep until I lined up with him. I'm familiar with the truck so I knew I was doomed. Oddly enough he stated right next to me the whole run and just barely beat me. Wasn't until the end of the race I saw all of the white smoke coming out of his stacks. Something went very wrong for him but he still won the race with half as much power as he usually makes. I helped him look for the problem and offered to help fix it, but I really wanted a closer look at what was under the hood. Real basic stuff. The ingredients are simple, some stuff costs more than others, but the recipe is the same. The more air you can cram in it the more fuel you can burn the more power you're going to make.

Some of these guys are running triple turbos for quick spooling, high boost ability and lower EGTs. EGTs are the main problem in these trucks followed by fuel delivery. The older trucks just aren't made to pump a gallon of fuel a second, lol.
brian jelich ? theres only 2 heui 7.3's over 1000 , ones in denver, one is in north carolina!!
Old 12-16-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrpowr View Post
brian jelich ? theres only 2 heui 7.3's over 1000 , ones in denver, one is in north carolina!!
And not everyone lives on the forums! I was shocked to see it put up the times it did, but saw it with my own eyes. Rednecks don't need the InternetHype to make their toys fast.

Dude, I'm a member on all of the power stroke forums too, been there for a long time, sometimes you have to see it to believe it.

He will be back out this season and I'm going to be looking for more specs on his build.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:
And not everyone lives on the forums! I was shocked to see it put up the times it did, but saw it with my own eyes. Rednecks don't need the InternetHype to make their toys fast.

Dude, I'm a member on all of the power stroke forums too, been there for a long time, sometimes you have to see it to believe it.

He will be back out this season and I'm going to be looking for more specs on his build.
What sites do you visit? I owned one of the biggest powerstroke forums up until a year ago, called powerstrokenation , I also have (2) 6.4's over 1000 horse, was in the first diesel power challenge, so typically if it exists , on or off the forums I know about it. What's the truck look like? Got a link to vids or a name. I always enjoy stumbling onto new stuff that's under the radar.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
What sites do you visit? I owned one of the biggest powerstroke forums up until a year ago, called powerstrokenation , I also have (2) 6.4's over 1000 horse, was in the first diesel power challenge, so typically if it exists , on or off the forums I know about it. What's the truck look like? Got a link to vids or a name. I always enjoy stumbling onto new stuff that's under the radar.
i had a 7.3 once man that thing would move

Last edited by bus; 12-16-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus View Post
i had a 7.3 once man that thing would move
me too ... made me money .. then common rail came around.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Jack_Toepfer there too... among several others... lol. Don't go on them much anymore because I'm here.

Its a green ECSB, lifted w/stacks... and I'll have to see if I uploaded the video before my phone broke. I'm telling you man, I didn't believe it either. Congrats on the sale of PSN, that was one of my favorite sites... If one of those 6.4s is a CCLB, and you want to off it cheap... let me know

Congrats on the entry into the DPC as well... where did you place? I'm sure I have the magazines sitting around that covered the event in my garage.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Jack_Toepfer there too... among several others... lol. Don't go on them much anymore because I'm here.

Its a green ECSB, lifted w/stacks... and I'll have to see if I uploaded the video before my phone broke. I'm telling you man, I didn't believe it either. Congrats on the sale of PSN, that was one of my favorite sites... If one of those 6.4s is a CCLB, and you want to off it cheap... let me know

Congrats on the entry into the DPC as well... where did you place? I'm sure I have the magazines sitting around that covered the event in my garage.
it was in 06, i was 5th out of ten after dyno and drag strip, then blew a head gasket so i was out. i was also entered this last year, and bent a few rods dyno tuning the day before competition, made over 1200 on diesel fuel, woulda been a strong competitor. diesel power mag calls it project godzilla.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:12 PM

Damn man... I've been looking at an HD edition 6.4 but I just can't pull the trigger yet, because I'd be looking to make a monster out of it.

Diesel is just too expensive these days... what happened to the days where it was $2/gal? If I could run it on Veggie, I'd have one a long time ago... but they haven't figured it out yet, the next option would be CNG or LPG... but not sure about the cost/effectiveness for those yet.

I have a video of the truck... though I didn't take it. The one from in my truck is better quality. When I get home I'll post it up.

Got it -

Now, keep in mind, the truck was broken on this run. We ended up parked on the return road for 20 minutes trying to figure out the problem. Tons of water under the hood, something let go but we couldn't tell what.

Last edited by Jack_Toepfer; 12-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.