Borla S-Type install on 2012 SRT8jeep - Page 17 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Intake/Exhaust Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:51 PM

I have already put a few hundred miles on mine and I haven't noticed any drone. I did have the KINK (crimped portion) taken out of the factory exhaust though, so I wonder if that made a difference. I just used the leftover section of pipe from the drivers side (the portion that can be unbolted after you make the cut and remove the factory can) in place of the crimped portion. It matched up well and actually looks stock!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Garage
Drone?

Is there any drone inside the cabin with your exhaust?
Old 10-05-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC02 View Post
Is there any drone inside the cabin with your exhaust?
You will get a drone when the MDS kicks in at about 70mph and above. If you use the paddle shifters and keep in 5th gear (no MDS) you will not get a drone at 70mph and above.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptop63 View Post
After a day of cruising with my new Borla S, I gotta say that the sound is right on the money for me. Not too much but not too quiet. Very happy with the time the Borla guys must have spent to tune the sound.

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like it!
Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

David Borla,

Any progress on why some of us members have issues with the driver side exhaust tip alignment?

Sent from my iPhone 5
2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

Old 10-10-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose9400 View Post
David Borla,

Any progress on why some of us members have issues with the driver side exhaust tip alignment?

Sent from my iPhone 5
I'd like to know also, its preventing me from buying the exhaust. Sounds like Borla S is perfect because I'd like a little more volume without vibrations; a stock like drive. But having a tip that wont align correctly is a deal breaker.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:39 AM

my tips are perfect.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:38 AM

I'm new to this board as well as being a brand new owner of a 2013 Vapor SRT8. I've been researching exhausts and listening to just about every single video on YouTube for the S-Type & ATAK exhaust. I like both but may end up going w/ the S-Type. My question and I apologize if this has been answered, (tried searching but couldn't find a definitive answer) but I was wondering if the 2012 Borla S-Type exhaust will work on the 2013 SRT8's? Not sure if it would be a straight bolt on or if it would need to be modified in order to work? The Borla site doesn't list a 2013 one so wasn't sure if they were working on a 2013 version. I plan on calling them to ask but figured I would start here. I look forward to your suggestions and I'm super excited about the new vehicle.

Thanks

Proud n00b owner
Old 12-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Great Thread! Great product..loved the borla s on my wk1...when i get my next srt be it a 2010 or the new wk2 i will definitely stick with borla!! the sound is just unmatched...thanx for sharing the video and review
2010 Ford F-150 XLT super crew Work truck

Mods: Tuned by the TOONA
--Corsa exhaust/5''Bqwick tips--Mopar CAI-- Billet Tech Catch Can--180 T-STAT--Stoptech break pads--custom 1 off sidemoldings-Shorty Antenna--Stillens--Rear Fogs Wired--hid fogs 6k--Tints 30%-debadged--hideaway front plate--stant cap--chrome delete

Old 12-13-2012, 01:16 PM

This is just an update from my previous post. I found out from Borla (just got off of the phone w/ them) that both the ATAK (#11827) and S-Type (11826) will both work for 2013 GC SRT8's. He said the original exhaust part number from Jeep for the 2012 and 2013 didn't change. He wasn't aware that their site didn't indicate that both systems worked for both 2012 & 2013. He said they would have their website updated with the correct information.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cinelli For This Useful Post:
Bono392 (12-13-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
2012, borla, jeep, s-type, srt8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.