Official - 2014 SRT8 Wish List - SRT8 Engineers Take Notice - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:08 AM
CROW HUNTER
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResumeSpeed View Post
Black Vapor Chrome wheels will be an option on the 2013 models and will probably carry over for 2014. The new ZF heavy-duty 8-speed (8HP70) will replace the 5-speed on the 2014 models.
Good, I think the black chome makes the wk2 wheels look better.
2006 Inferno Red SRT8 Jeep--12.7@104---my first love taken from me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResumeSpeed View Post
Black Vapor Chrome wheels will be an option on the 2013 models and will probably carry over for 2014. The new ZF heavy-duty 8-speed (8HP70) will replace the 5-speed on the 2014 models.

Any hope for SRT offering the 22" One Lap wheels?

'14 Billet Silver Metallic SRT

Instagram @theultimatedawg. Please beware. It's a humerous account so don't take me too seriously. However everything I post is real. No falsifying.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:06 PM

Towing Capacity same as or greater than Overland

I would love to get a 2014 JGC SRT8 to use as a daily winter driver / tow vehicle. It would be ideal for that, for me. The Overland will work, and if the SRT8 matched the towing capability it would be just that much better. I want to be able to tow my '66 Hemi Belvedere II behind it in an enclosed trailer. I have researched this and know that it is capable of towing this combination. I realize that it is not going to be as easy as using a Ram 2500 but it will work safely and legally.

Also, the competition for the SRT from Mercedes (built on a sister platform), BMW, and Porsche all have higher towing capacity ratings. There is no good reason not to increase the rated capacity. Raise the price on the tow package and include different springs, shocks, and tires and they should be good to go. We know the platform can handle it because it does in the Overland. The SRT has superior brakes, cooling systems, power, center of gravity, rearend, etc. I suspect the previous SRT transmission and transfer case were the limiting factors before. I also expect that will be cured with the new 8 speed as it has a higher stock torque capacity rating.

Please give the SRT the same or higher towing capacity rating as the Overland!
Old 10-26-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulinHP View Post
I would love to get a 2014 JGC SRT8 to use as a daily winter driver / tow vehicle. It would be ideal for that, for me. The Overland will work, and if the SRT8 matched the towing capability it would be just that much better. I want to be able to tow my '66 Hemi Belvedere II behind it in an enclosed trailer. I have researched this and know that it is capable of towing this combination. I realize that it is not going to be as easy as using a Ram 2500 but it will work safely and legally.

Also, the competition for the SRT from Mercedes (built on a sister platform), BMW, and Porsche all have higher towing capacity ratings. There is no good reason not to increase the rated capacity. Raise the price on the tow package and include different springs, shocks, and tires and they should be good to go. We know the platform can handle it because it does in the Overland. The SRT has superior brakes, cooling systems, power, center of gravity, rearend, etc. I suspect the previous SRT transmission and transfer case were the limiting factors before. I also expect that will be cured with the new 8 speed as it has a higher stock torque capacity rating.

Please give the SRT the same or higher towing capacity rating as the Overland!
You used this as your first post lol? If you want to tow, buy a pickup. If you want a badass ride, buy an SRT... period.

2012 GCSRT8
Brilliant Black | Pano Roof
Lux II | Engine Block Heater
HP Audio | Tow Group
Debadged | Tinted Tails
Lug Locks
Old 10-26-2012, 07:35 AM

Power folding mirrors idk if that's been said already
Old 10-26-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanideg View Post
You used this as your first post lol? If you want to tow, buy a pickup. If you want a badass ride, buy an SRT... period.
I probably should have done an intro post. i just saw the title of the thread and really wanted to get the request to SRT. How about a badass ride that can tow? The Porsche Cayenne Turbo S can tow 7,716 pounds? Why is it too much to ask for the SRT to tow as much as an Overland at 7,200 ponds?

BTW my other vehicles are: '99 Viper, '06 300C SRT8, '00 JGC, '10 Flex Ecoboost (wife's car), and the '66 Hemi Belvedere. I am familiar with SRT, Mopar, and quick rides. I am looking at getting a new JGC SRT to replace the '00 JGC.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:23 PM

Mr. ResumeSpeed,
Will the great looking Overland like interior be available? (brown /saddle color) The black interior is a dust collector and looks cheap.
Thanks, JonVon
Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Silver & Satin
Lifetime Premium Member

v10 viper engine option other than that these rigs are literally perfect IMO...

2007 Silver SRT
Boost Coming 2015

Quad Retrofit-Chrome Delete-Tint-Satin Black 22"s-Toyo Proxes STII-Solo Exhaust-RM 1.7"-Painted Roof Rails-Trinity-9500ix-Pioneer HU-Alpine Door Speakers-Diamond Audio 12"s-Billet Tech Underhood Kit-6K Highs/Lows/Fogs-Billet Tech Door Locks-TLS LED Tails-LED Rear Fogs-Cree 6K Reverse Lights-Billet Tech Catch Can-Dynamat-R1 Drilled Rotors-Stoptech Brake Pads-Tinted Tails
-Johan Tune-Mopar Rear Lip-Colormatched Venom Hood
Old 10-31-2012, 01:15 PM

Nice write up...but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyavi469 View Post
1. Keep the 20's. 22's might look good, but stand by to be very disappointed on the track, increase in unsprung weight, ridiculously low aspect ratio, you aren't going to hook whatsoever, and God help you if they're run flats. Ditch the gimmicky WK2 wheels and go with something classy and sharp, with a black chrome option similar to whats on the 300C. Forged one-piece aluminums from ALCOA, and factory 315 steamrollers on the back. NO RUN FLATS... all season Z-rated radials please from anyone but Goodyear.

2. Ceramic brake compound to eliminate the brake dust issue. Factory slotted rotors. Pick a brake caliper color and stick with it, switching from Black to red all the time is pointless.

3. Matte paint not going to happen, instead 6 standard colors is perfectly acceptbale. Black, White, Grey, Red, Blue, Silver... should make most everyone happy.

4. Instead of all these "chrome delete options" everyone is talking about, just resyle the 2014 and mute-out the Chrome. Nobody likes the Chromapalooza.

5. Pano Roof option should come standard with headrest LCD monitors, thats a no-brainer, shame on SRT for not doing this.

6. Engine, it better darn well tear the X5M a new azzhole in the 1/4 mile. S/C 392 with forged crank, forged rods (GET RID of those ridiculous powdered metal things), and Forged pistons with extra thickness in the first ring land. 8 quart oil capacity with the HD oil cooler you use on the Ram 1-tons. For the S/C, use a true twin-screw design, not the cheap roots blower you KNOW they're looking at from Eaton. Use a liquid-to-air intercooler and make sure you leave a LOT of room in the chin-intake for bigger heat exchanger units. High IAT's will really ruin your day during the hot weather testing. Target power needs to be 590hp/580tq at a very modest 7psi and 9.5:1 compression. Use the 8-speed thats coming but change out the pumpkins to 3:90:1 in order to get her down the track in under 12.5 E/T while maintaining CAFE standards.

7. Revise the factory exhaust, its ridiculous, just redo it and contract someone with more than half a brain stem from Borla if you can't seem to get it right. I have a piece of advice for you: DUAL CENTER EXHAUST (twin 5" rolled aluminum tips), with a THRU-BUMPER cutout for a Class III receiver.

8. Bigger NAV screen to keep the Ipad generation happy.

9. Manual rear diff lock button.

10. Transfer case unlock as a secondary function of "T/C off", i.e. a 2WD mode. I dont care how many yellow lights you have to flash on the display, we want a true 2WD mode for burnouts.

11. LAUNCH MODE. Yes, YOU CAN DO IT. Get rid of one of those dorky "snow mode" or whatever settings on the center cluster rheostat, and replace it with a launch mode. Here's my suggestion. A) Brake pedel, depress B) Shift the gear selector to full down to "L" for Launch. C) Center rheostat to "Launch Mode". D) Accelerator full down E) Brake release. When these steps occur, the truck uses a the factory PCM to limit (two step) revs to preset limit, while the TCM defaults to an ideal stall and line pressure, transfer case locks center differential, and rear electronic diff locks. Once it shifts out of 2nd gear, all launch-mode parameters default to normal tables and you are back in "D", even though the gear selector is in "L". Your target 60' in factory Launch mode should be at most 1.6 seconds.

12. Power folding mirrors

13. Heads-up display. If corvette could do it 10 years ago, something tells me you can muster the mustard.

14. PRICE.... Base MSRP of $58K, and that includes the NAV unit.

I agree with everything you laid out here.... everything but the unrealistic pricing you ended with in point 14! Come on man, you listed some great stuff here, don't you believe in the old adage "you get what you pay for"???

To get all this in the next gen product, I would be fine with the price staying where it is now. I don't want them shoehorning all this is and cutting corners which can only lead to a dissatisfied customer in the end.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:14 PM

the only reason I still have my 07 GC is that I feel the WK2 needs way more power.

Wk2 is awesome but just lacks the power I think it should have.

2007 blk srt8 (Sold) (one of the best all around vehicles I have owned)

AEM CAI,Inertia Spartan plus cam,slp ud,Johan tune,DS catch can,AEM wideband, Eibach springs,MM ported intake, FR 22inch gloss black 265/295 combo....SW longtubes next
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.