Cherokee SRT8 Forum banner

Official - 2014 SRT8 Wish List - SRT8 Engineers Take Notice

14K views 58 replies 42 participants last post by  mubai 
#1 ·
I'm waiting to pull the trigger on an SRT8 JC when the Re-Freshed 2014 Arrives. We all know it's gonna have an 8-speed and an Enormous Screen in the dash but what else would you like to see.

I'll start things off.

1. Matte Paint Option

2. Black Headliner like the Charger SRT8

3. Chrome-Delete Option for Exterior Trim or possibly swap the chrome for "brushed" to match wheel finish

4. 22" better looking OEM wheels.

Chime in with what you think should be added and let's get some of these ideas over to the SRT8 engineers and make some "wishes" become reality.

#30 ·
I'd say once again, Winston has hit the nail on the head! Good post, and hopefully SRT is reading this (we know you are), and paying special attention to what the LONGTIME platform owners want. You know, the guys who have actually built an SRT for maximum affect.

#38 ·
So you have to want to turn the jeep into an absolute beast to be a "LONGTIME" platform owner? If i dont want to build it for "maximum affect" i am not a longtime owner like you even though I had my WK1 before you did?

That doesnt make any sense. The Jeep is my Daily Driver; I want it to be factory fun and reliable and not really have to touch it to have moderate performance. I have 2 other cars and a motorcycle to mess around with (vette, sti, cbr). Not everyone buys the jeep to make a crazy performance machine; i would actually venture to say the hardcore enthusiasts (ie mega-modders) are actually in the minority of all those that purchase. The people at jeep have to find a balance to please the modders and casual buyers to maximize happiness and profit, not an easy task to say the least.

#36 ·
Good point. Its all in the score book now.

You cant make everyone happy with blending the attributes of the WK1 and the WK2's new direction. It seems like they made the WK2 a little more appealing to the older crowd and made it more functional, but at the same time shrunk its jewels a bit. Im still finding it hard to believe the '14 will come standard with a FI engine due to cost. Im finding it even harder to believe that they would offer an FI engine and a non FI engine with such a limited production of these things. So what would it be a 6.4 or the 6.2 FI option? Seems like that would be the only way they could do it with two totally different engines. I hope they can pull it off, but man if they dont the belly aching is going to be bad around here. As bad as they have been scolded over the 6.4 in the reviews for being short in power, they have to step up this time. Whats really bad is I think we wont even see a '14 SRT until late fall or winter of 2013 at best.....not to mention, we have to deal with the Power rumors, spyshots and guessing games.

#43 ·
Towing Capacity same as or greater than Overland

I would love to get a 2014 JGC SRT8 to use as a daily winter driver / tow vehicle. It would be ideal for that, for me. The Overland will work, and if the SRT8 matched the towing capability it would be just that much better. I want to be able to tow my '66 Hemi Belvedere II behind it in an enclosed trailer. I have researched this and know that it is capable of towing this combination. I realize that it is not going to be as easy as using a Ram 2500 but it will work safely and legally.

Also, the competition for the SRT from Mercedes (built on a sister platform), BMW, and Porsche all have higher towing capacity ratings. There is no good reason not to increase the rated capacity. Raise the price on the tow package and include different springs, shocks, and tires and they should be good to go. We know the platform can handle it because it does in the Overland. The SRT has superior brakes, cooling systems, power, center of gravity, rearend, etc. I suspect the previous SRT transmission and transfer case were the limiting factors before. I also expect that will be cured with the new 8 speed as it has a higher stock torque capacity rating.

Please give the SRT the same or higher towing capacity rating as the Overland!

#44 ·
I would love to get a 2014 JGC SRT8 to use as a daily winter driver / tow vehicle. It would be ideal for that, for me. The Overland will work, and if the SRT8 matched the towing capability it would be just that much better. I want to be able to tow my '66 Hemi Belvedere II behind it in an enclosed trailer. I have researched this and know that it is capable of towing this combination. I realize that it is not going to be as easy as using a Ram 2500 but it will work safely and legally.

Also, the competition for the SRT from Mercedes (built on a sister platform), BMW, and Porsche all have higher towing capacity ratings. There is no good reason not to increase the rated capacity. Raise the price on the tow package and include different springs, shocks, and tires and they should be good to go. We know the platform can handle it because it does in the Overland. The SRT has superior brakes, cooling systems, power, center of gravity, rearend, etc. I suspect the previous SRT transmission and transfer case were the limiting factors before. I also expect that will be cured with the new 8 speed as it has a higher stock torque capacity rating.

Please give the SRT the same or higher towing capacity rating as the Overland!
You used this as your first post lol? If you want to tow, buy a pickup. If you want a badass ride, buy an SRT... period.

#51 ·
Might be a great looking interior as far as the saddle seats go, wife had them in her 2011 GC Overland, but they are lousy seats, IMHO, flat as a pancake and very uncomfortable on trips. The drivers seat bolster showed wear after about a month and had to be replaced. The SRT8 seats are much more comfortable, short or long trips, we go to NC about once a month with no butt rash issues. Saddle colored leather dash reflects a lot of sunlight whereas the black dash does not.

#48 ·
v10 viper engine option other than that these rigs are literally perfect IMO...

#50 ·
the only reason I still have my 07 GC is that I feel the WK2 needs way more power.

Wk2 is awesome but just lacks the power I think it should have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.