Attn Stage 6 Fuel Hat Owners!!! - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Marathon Man
Lifetime Premium Member

My pressure didn't get weak. Its been 60 psi and was showing that this morning, cause I always sit in the jeep and let it warm up before heading out. It just shut off like it stalled. Didn't notice it running differently or anything. It was only when I pulled off to the side of the road and tried to restart it that I saw it sitting at zero. Only about 2 miles from my house to where it shut off on me.

Beast has been sold.
'07 GCSRT8 Black, Daily Driver, 41K Miles, Loaded minus rear DVD
PB 11.17@118 with 1.57 60' uncorrected http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S66Gq...layer_embedded
Vortech, Snow Meth, Paramount Drivetrain, MHP TCM, Wavetrac, Stage 6 Fuel System, Borla S, QA1 Shocks, 5K HIDs, BWoody Springs, NT05's, R1 Brakes, Medic CF Hood, Stillens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySRT8 View Post
My pressure didn't get weak. Its been 60 psi and was showing that this morning, cause I always sit in the jeep and let it warm up before heading out. It just shut off like it stalled. Didn't notice it running differently or anything. It was only when I pulled off to the side of the road and tried to restart it that I saw it sitting at zero. Only about 2 miles from my house to where it shut off on me.

That's exactly what happened to mine....no warning, no gradual pressure loss, it just lost all pressure at a stop sign.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM
DAYUM!!!
Premium Member

Thanked 1,509 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Looks like I made it about 9 months. Jeep died on my way to work today.
Had it towed to my buddies shop, but won't know more until monday when he can get around to it.
On a plus side, looks like I have an appointment now to have the front wavetrac installed.

Been there done that too.....my fuel line blew out in the middle of the line and at the top.....zero fuel pressure. Kinda of an easy fix once you drop the gas tank out of it.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Senior Contributing Member

I've been there and done that too. Twice. The explaination makes sense because the hose splits and the reinforcing mesh stays intact. So the rubber has to be failing internally. The rubber also seems to soften and you can see the reinforcing mesh outlined on the outside of the hose. Here's a couple pics of what my top hose looked like when it failed. I noticed a slight drop in pressure and had some starting issues for about a week. I probably had a pinhole that finally turned into the split in the photo. When it split I nosed over with zero fuel pressure and coasted to the side of the road. Then it was flatbed time for me too. The second time I noticed the same slight pressure drop and dropped the tank and found a split under a hose clamp. Looking back I probably over tightened the clamp and broke through the coating. I had the use of a lift and had the hose replaced and the tank back up in about an hour and a half the first time and a little over an hour the second time. The first time wasn't bad and the second time was an easy fix.

Click image for larger version

Name:	top hose 21.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	25643 Click image for larger version

Name:	top hose1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	25644

Vortech V3, Paramount transmission, and TCM, Dominator (low stall) convertor, Stage 6 fuel hat, Inertia cam, StainlessWorks LTH, Wavetrac LSD, Modified Magnaflow CB, Modern Muscle ported intake, Arrington 85mm TB, Tuned by Mike at OST

PB 11.56@118.3
street tune, full weight, all season tires, 93 octane

Last edited by rmon; 11-16-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Live For Today!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

hey HB, Should I be concerned with this?

Jerseyboy Tuning

Paramount Performance

The First STAGE6 Twin Turbo Jeep And First Jeep With TWINS UP FRONT!!!
Old 11-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,369 Times in 1,140 Posts
Garage
Sadly Ryan, you should be a little worried. We didn't find out about this until after yours was built.

It looks like we may just start pushing the FORE hat as we are dealers for them. It sucks bc our system works flawlessly with the exception of have to deal with this issue. Bad thing about the FORE hat is you have to be a return style system. Not everyone needs a return system. Plenty of people including us have made stupid safe power on a non return system. All this bc of shitty hoses. Lol. After redoing our kits though with the new way, current customers should be good to go. I don't want to scare people by any means.

We've never hidden this problem from any if y'all. Glad we have figured out the issue. It's definitely a cheaper solution to the FORE hat. In the end..... I guess it just comes down to the build and what you guys really want.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

The Following User Says Thank You to Harrison@Stage6 For This Useful Post:
Knuckles (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Supporting Vendor

harrison, you can run the fore hat with the stock parts aside from the fuel hat

2009 Brilliant Black-Powertrain: TTC 6262 Kit, Stage 6 2Step, Demon Fuel, Wavetrac & Axles, Full Paramount Driveline, Jet 180* Stat & Lock Cap, Borla S:Appearance: DC Headlights, Tinted Tails , Smoothed Moldings, Murdered, Black Reps, CF Venom Hood, Venom Green Brake Calipers, Eibachs
10's Best Be Coming
Old 11-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Live For Today!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
Sadly Ryan, you should be a little worried. We didn't find out about this until after yours was built.

It looks like we may just start pushing the FORE hat as we are dealers for them. It sucks bc our system works flawlessly with the exception of have to deal with this issue. Bad thing about the FORE hat is you have to be a return style system. Not everyone needs a return system. Plenty of people including us have made stupid safe power on a non return system. All this bc of shitty hoses. Lol. After redoing our kits though with the new way, current customers should be good to go. I don't want to scare people by any means.

We've never hidden this problem from any if y'all. Glad we have figured out the issue. It's definitely a cheaper solution to the FORE hat. In the end..... I guess it just comes down to the build and what you guys really want.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
So should i have Jim look at the hat while the jeep is at the hemi shop? is this something they can fix now so it isn't a problem later. it sucks because i dont have a fuel pressure gauge mounted inside.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:10 PM
Marathon Man
Lifetime Premium Member

Harrison, instead of cutting the hose to fit. Can we get it made to the correct size so that it all remains coated? I still don't know what my exact issue is, but I'd hate to go thru this again in another year.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Straight Up Beast SON!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,022 Times in 839 Posts
Quote:
Harrison, instead of cutting the hose to fit. Can we get it made to the correct size so that it all remains coated? I still don't know what my exact issue is, but I'd hate to go thru this again in another year.
I was thinking the same thing Tony.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.