Attn Stage 6 Fuel Hat Owners!!! - Page 2 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMedic23 View Post
Y'all should replace those lines with bamboo shoots Harry
Harry... look on NLOC. Those guys had the same guys in the Lightnings before they started to use a stainless Y & some fancy brand of submersible lines.
-Gates products are usually top notch though. Call Peritek?
First build: Black '08 ~500HP. 7.4 8th mi. D1SC Procharged@ ~9.5# w/ 3.5" pulley & a Stage II Valve Body. R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors / Stainless Works Catback / Dual Walbro 255's / 80# Injectors / Nitto Invo 295/315's /Kalbones Custom Hitch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to autenb For This Useful Post:
Harrison@Stage6 (07-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Went to get a coffee Friday, and on the way home my Jeep stalled out on me right in the middle of an intersection. 0 fuel pressure on the gauge. Had to get towed home, and then had it towed to ESP yesterday. Just got word that the feed line popped off. Pumps were installed 2000 miles ago.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:05 AM

This is not what I want to hear. Are you guys using a stainless Y with a retention ring on the end?
Please get this corrected... Skip will b sending a fuel hat for me here soon... But I can't afford to have these issues guys.
-Brian
Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 AM

Please delete..

Last edited by autenb; 08-07-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: double post via cell phone
Old 09-21-2012, 11:03 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

I think I may have an issue with my hat. I've been having problems starting the jeep and its been stalling everytime i would come to a red light or stop sign...dont have a fuel pressure gauge. it seems like its not getting enough gas. if it was an issue with the fuel hat would I loose all fuel pressure?
Old 09-21-2012, 11:13 AM
Premium Whore (Lifetime)
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10JGCSRT8 View Post
I think I may have an issue with my hat. I've been having problems starting the jeep and its been stalling everytime i would come to a red light or stop sign...dont have a fuel pressure gauge. it seems like its not getting enough gas. if it was an issue with the fuel hat would I loose all fuel pressure?

It depends what the problem is. My main feed hose blew off and I lost all fuel pressure. The Jeep stalled out, and wouldn't start at all. If there is a split in one of the hoses, the pumps may not be able to maintain full pressure, but still allow it to run. I would think you would notice that as you accelerated though, not coming to a stop or at idle.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Post whoring since 2011
Premium Member

Interesting. Appreciate you being upfront about the issue . Hopefully there is a reasonably simple solution.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:19 AM

Mine looked pretty tightly attached when I received it from the guys down @ Stage6, so I didn't touch it. Just pulled the old one out, slapped the "new" one in.
I'll b sure and letcha know if I have any problems with it.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangSlayerMA View Post
It depends what the problem is. My main feed hose blew off and I lost all fuel pressure. The Jeep stalled out, and wouldn't start at all. If there is a split in one of the hoses, the pumps may not be able to maintain full pressure, but still allow it to run. I would think you would notice that as you accelerated though, not coming to a stop or at idle.
acceleration is fine under partial throttle..this morning I was coming to work and was cruising around 75 on the highway not in boost, as soon as i hit boost it started bogging and sounded like i was running out of gas.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Kind of ironic but my fuel line split this morning on the way to work. I could instantly tell something was wrong because it almost stalled out when i had to stop for a red light. I noticed the fuel pressure jumping around between 15 and 50psi. I babied it back home and it was bucking and sputtering every time i had to slow down or make a right turn. Once I got home and turned it off it wouldn't restart until I primed the key a few times to build some fuel pressure but you could see the pressure leaking down as it sat. Time for some Stage 6 love when the boys get back from VMP. Amazing how a $2 piece can ruin your morning

Tuned by JerseyBoy and Terrorizing the Streets!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blown-WK For This Useful Post:
10JGCSRT8 (09-21-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.