Attn Stage 6 Fuel Hat Owners!!! - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service

WK1 Troubleshooting / Problems Discussion / Dealer Service If you are having some problems with your Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and need assistance in troubleshooting and diagnosing the problem, this is the proper place to discuss it. Were you treated fairly or poorly at a dealer? Warranty issues? Let us know.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,143 Posts
Garage
Attn Stage 6 Fuel Hat Owners!!!

It seems we've had a few failures pop up in the last week or two. Some hoses on the feed side have cracked and a few feed lines have popped off causing the trucks to shut down and lose fuel pressure. If it happened to you, please post up what happened. Also let us know if your fuel lines have swelled at all.

We have written a letter today to Gates explaining about their fuel lines cracking. They're the only ones we know of that make submersible fuel lines. We are exploring other options and we will be beefing up my fuel system this weekend and will see how mine is holding up since I have about 30K on my setup.

One or two here and there is no biggie but now a few more have popped up and we ain't diggin' that. We've always stood behind out products and will continue to do so. Most have been reattaching the fuel lines and have been good since, but it still shouldn't have happened. We thank you guys for your support and we'd appreciate any and all feedback you guys can give us. Thanks.....

Harrison

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Harrison@Stage6 For This Useful Post:
hoseclamp (08-08-2012), Knuckles (07-12-2012), m4xm1l10n (07-12-2012), mklaus (08-07-2012), Muellge  (07-12-2012), StangSlayerMA (07-12-2012), TOMMYSRT (07-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2012, 02:52 PM
Elite Contributing Member

I wouldn't even know where to look. Are you talking about in the tank?
Stage 6 Turbocharged 6.1L Silver Jeep SRT8. PWR 419 9.5:1 built for boost/ PWR Mean Street Heads/ Ported Intake/AR 90mm/ PWR Turbo cam/ SHR Tranny/ FTI 3200 Stall Converter. Tuned by Jerseyboy 10.54 @130mph on 12 psi on stock bottom end. Stroker #'s coming soon!. Ballin on a budget!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,143 Posts
Garage
Yes. The fuel hat in the tank.

We got a reply from Gates. They would like pictures of any split hoses that anyone may have. Thanks guys.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Moderator/ Smart Ass
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,481 Times in 1,083 Posts
Garage
Haven't had any issues yet and I do monitor it in my logs which I log everywhere I go.
Chad (06 Inferno Red GC SRT8) PWR 6.3L, PWR Apache Heads, Stage6 76 mm Turbo, Stage6 Fuel Pump, SHR NAG1-HTCr, PI 2400 TQ Converter, ATI Flex Plate, BC Coil Overs, Wilwood TC6R calipers, Kooks Headers, Mopar exhaust, MM 85mm T-body, Jerseyboy CMR, Bwoody Sway Links, R1 Concepts F Slot & Dimp, R StopTech Pads, Earls Trans Cooler, TLS Rear Fog Harness
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cmn1 For This Useful Post:
Harrison@Stage6 (07-16-2012), Muellge  (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Premium Member

does deadmanhose make something? I recall this problem popping up with earlier different source fuel hats, including one I had, because of the type and size clamps being used. If you're using normal worm clamps, that could be the issue. If using "fuel line" clamps (which have a similar but "different" method of compressing the fuel line against the nipple, with rounded edges and no sharp edge contact, then maybe just a bad run of gates hoses? good luck with fix and a big hats off (pun intended) to this vendor for not burying the cat turd. Good show.

SHR motor and War Viking Transmission, Apache heads
Twin Turbo Creations boosted,
Progress....

The Following User Says Thank You to Muellge For This Useful Post:
Harrison@Stage6 (07-16-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Ive had submersible lines in my gto with a hat setup for 6 years and they are gates. I've had no issues.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Y'all should replace those lines with bamboo shoots Harry
The Following User Says Thank You to YoungMedic23 For This Useful Post:
autenb (07-16-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
Lifetime Premium Member

Nothing tops my Fuel System from KRC.... Good catch on the fuel Hoses harry, another stand-up example of Stage 6 standing behind their work and fixing what needs to be fixed.

* 2006 WK1 JEEP SRT8 (THE FIRST) TURBO BUILD, 743AWHP/860AWTQ *SOLD*
__CREDITS: S6 Motorsports, Paramount, AJ Hemituner, Johan, LPM Engines
* 2013 WK2 JEEP SRT8 ALPINE (PB: 13.5 @ 101... I suck)

*If any vendor would like to sponsor my WK2 build, please PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to navyavi469 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Marathon Man
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanks for the headsup Harrison. Just another reason to have a fuel pressure gauge. I'll let you know if I see a fuel pressure issue. But so far its been fine and I know if I do have the issue you will take care of me.

Beast has been sold.
'07 GCSRT8 Black, Daily Driver, 41K Miles, Loaded minus rear DVD
PB 11.17@118 with 1.57 60' uncorrected http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S66Gq...layer_embedded
Vortech, Snow Meth, Paramount Drivetrain, MHP TCM, Wavetrac, Stage 6 Fuel System, Borla S, QA1 Shocks, 5K HIDs, BWoody Springs, NT05's, R1 Brakes, Medic CF Hood, Stillens.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
It seems we've had a few failures pop up in the last week or two. Some hoses on the feed side have cracked and a few feed lines have popped off causing the trucks to shut down and lose fuel pressure. If it happened to you, please post up what happened. Also let us know if your fuel lines have swelled at all.

We have written a letter today to Gates explaining about their fuel lines cracking. They're the only ones we know of that make submersible fuel lines. We are exploring other options and we will be beefing up my fuel system this weekend and will see how mine is holding up since I have about 30K on my setup.

One or two here and there is no biggie but now a few more have popped up and we ain't diggin' that. We've always stood behind out products and will continue to do so. Most have been reattaching the fuel lines and have been good since, but it still shouldn't have happened. We thank you guys for your support and we'd appreciate any and all feedback you guys can give us. Thanks.....

Harrison

Mine was the common hose that split coming out of the "T"connector. It was about two inches long and the reinforcing mesh was separated as well. The other hoses and the clamps which were the non- worm type were fine. The day I did the r&r I was rushing bc of having to wrestle with a full gas tank and had to buy new hose while the Jeep was on the rack. I had to hurry bc another job was coming into the shop and I didn't want to hold it up. So I didn't even get pictures. I thought about it the next day, but when I stopped by the owner said he already threw everything away. Wish I had saved the hose bc it was a pretty big split. BTW FWIW I think following up on this issue is a great thing and shows real concern for you customers. Technically it's a hose problem and a lot of vendors wouldn't care and would just point fingers or try to sweep the problem under the rug. Thanks again for the follow up and thanks for all the help with the initial install Harry. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Vortech V3, Paramount transmission, and TCM, Dominator (low stall) convertor, Stage 6 fuel hat, Inertia cam, StainlessWorks LTH, Wavetrac LSD, Modified Magnaflow CB, Modern Muscle ported intake, Arrington 85mm TB, Tuned by Mike at OST

PB 11.56@118.3
street tune, full weight, all season tires, 93 octane
The Following User Says Thank You to rmon For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.