Is there any other step up from the Jeeps besides a GT-R??? - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Off-Topic Area > Off-Topic Discussion

Off-Topic Discussion If you want to talk about something that doesnt fit into any other section on this site, this is the place to do it. Please keep discussion work safe. Thanks.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Paulie get your self a stock jeep and put a tune and cai on it and leave it that way and save your money and come race with us little poor guys like you use to lol.
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2012, 05:29 PM

I personally would take a CTS-v , with a cam, some bolt ons and a pulley. I know its not AWD but it still keeps the "what the hell is that" sleeper that the srt8 enjoys.

Classy enough to go anywhere, powerful enough to beat most things, limited enough to catch people sleeping, smooth enough to drive your grandma to bingo. Its my next car, but then again, your used to driving the totally extreme The GTR is a beast, but just isn't jaw dropping when it drives by, thats my only beef with it.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Man i love the GTR! That would be my choice. But the TT JEEP can pretty much smoke almost anything on the streets

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

GTR or 911 turbo 997.

Sent from my LG-P925g using AutoGuide.com App
Old 07-02-2012, 06:53 PM
Coksmith&Master-Pintsman
Lifetime Premium Member

Just thinking outside the box a little, since your stipulations are AWD, domestic, and unique. Sounds like you're planning to spend nearly $100k to get this GTR. You are right, thee isn't much out there that meets those guidelines. A guy I saw on another forum took a 2009 dodge ram 2500 4x4, chopped the long bed off and put a short bed with tonneau cover. Then he converted th stock 6.7 cummins into a studded, o-ringed, forged twin turbo that runs like some ungodly amount of boost, like over 100psi. He then upgraded the suspension, tranny, and driveshafts. To cap off the build, he put on the front clip of the Ram SRT-10 and side skirts. Everyone who sees it thinks it's just a standard gas v10 ram, which are actually pretty slow. He said he had less than $50k in the build and runs 9's all day long, and he TOWS his built 68 mustang to the track with it!! Also says he wins more money with the truck than anything he has ever owned, total sleeper.

* 2006 WK1 JEEP SRT8 (THE FIRST) TURBO BUILD, 743AWHP/860AWTQ *SOLD*
__CREDITS: S6 Motorsports, Paramount, AJ Hemituner, Johan, LPM Engines
* 2013 WK2 JEEP SRT8 ALPINE (STOCK, DAILY DRIVER)

*If any vendor would like to sponsor my WK2 build, please PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to navyavi469 For This Useful Post:
rglax (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyavi469 View Post
Just thinking outside the box a little, since your stipulations are AWD, domestic, and unique. Sounds like you're planning to spend nearly $100k to get this GTR. You are right, thee isn't much out there that meets those guidelines. A guy I saw on another forum took a 2009 dodge ram 2500 4x4, chopped the long bed off and put a short bed with tonneau cover. Then he converted th stock 6.7 cummins into a studded, o-ringed, forged twin turbo that runs like some ungodly amount of boost, like over 100psi. He then upgraded the suspension, tranny, and driveshafts. To cap off the build, he put on the front clip of the Ram SRT-10 and side skirts. Everyone who sees it thinks it's just a standard gas v10 ram, which are actually pretty slow. He said he had less than $50k in the build and runs 9's all day long, and he TOWS his built 68 mustang to the track with it!! Also says he wins more money with the truck than anything he has ever owned, total sleeper.
This actually sounds amazing. Any pics or more info on the build?

2007 Black- 3/8/10-3/28/2011
2008 Black-1/23/2012:
Xenons/Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors/Eibachs/Magnaflow 12687s/QTP Electric Cutouts/Arrington CAI/Johan Tune / Swaybar Links / Bridgestone RFT Duelers 275/315
Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankaku.garami View Post
I personally would take a CTS-v , with a cam, some bolt ons and a pulley. I know its not AWD but it still keeps the "what the hell is that" sleeper that the srt8 enjoys.

Classy enough to go anywhere, powerful enough to beat most things, limited enough to catch people sleeping, smooth enough to drive your grandma to bingo. Its my next car, but then again, your used to driving the totally extreme The GTR is a beast, but just isn't jaw dropping when it drives by, thats my only beef with it.
You're 100% correct.....

I'm used to drivin the total extreme ride and the GTR just isn't jaw dropping.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by petersrt8 View Post
Man i love the GTR! That would be my choice. But the TT JEEP can pretty much smoke almost anything on the streets
And your Jeep has me thinking about just starting from scratch with a Silver 2010 Jeep and dumping $35k into it to runs 9's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navyavi469 View Post
That's absolutely insane but I need some flash and pizzazz.....but then maybe I'll grow outta showing off....I mean I'm 27 buy maybe I'll want something subtle in the future....

Maybe......

I'll get a used Gallardo for $80k and a new 4x4 megacab diesel and lift it sky high

Or a used stock Gallardo and a modded GTR

Or a bone stock new GTR and build a TT Jeep

Or a slightly modded GTR, a TT jeep, and a stock CTS-V or modded Megacab ram

Ah the joys and decisions of being a young single man with a career haha

Last edited by YoungMedic23; 07-02-2012 at 07:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to YoungMedic23 For This Useful Post:
petersrt8 (07-02-2012)
Old 07-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Go get that 2010 silver and twin turbo it and pick up the stock gt-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungMedic23 View Post
You're 100% correct.....

I'm used to drivin the total extreme ride and the GTR just isn't jaw dropping.....

And your Jeep has me thinking about just starting from scratch with a Silver 2010 Jeep and dumping $35k into it to runs 9's...

That's absolutely insane but I need some flash and pizzazz.....but then maybe I'll grow outta showing off....I mean I'm 27 buy maybe I'll want something subtle in the future....

Maybe......

I'll get a used Gallardo for $80k and a new 4x4 megacab diesel and lift it sky high

Or a used stock Gallardo and a modded GTR

Or a bone stock new GTR and build a TT Jeep

Or a slightly modded GTR, a TT jeep, and a stock CTS-V or modde Megacab ram

Ah the joys and decisions it being a your single man with a career haha

2007 Silver Jeep SRT8...that's all you need to know
Old 07-02-2012, 07:51 PM

Damn man, I need a different career. This Air Force thing isn't working out for me like whatever you're doing (I just turned 27 last week). jk congrats on having the means.

That said, I've thought of the used Gallardo route myself but you wouldn't be happy from the sounds of it without dumping a lot more coin in it (not fast enough). Bang for the buck, good looks and nice luxury, I'd suggest a V coupe as well. Or depending on how the ATS-V ends up, going that route. I'm biased though.
'97 Talon TSi AWD
'86 Fiero
'84 K5 Blazer
'68 Corvair
Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Rufjatt
I'd go wit a GTR, but if u trying to spend 100k. Id get a used Bentley continental gt. ik they are not super fast, but they look good. I saw few 06's for around 90k-110k.

Sent from my IPhone
2010... 393 PWR/ F1D Procharger/ PWR cam/ Mean street heads/ Ported intake to 90mm TB/ ARH/ Torque Converter/ Cutouts/ BB trans/ F&R Wavetrac/ BC Coils/ BB TCM/ Challengerhood/ Borla S/ 180tstat/ BT goodies/ Vreds/ R1 breaks/ Passport 9500ci.......BLOODIED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.