$60K + but it is still a Jeep - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2012+) > WK2 SRT8 General Discussion

WK2 SRT8 General Discussion This section is for the general discussion of the second generation Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:23 AM
Busy
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 1,455 Times in 956 Posts
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jps043
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-kon View Post
Well, there you have it. WK2 SRT8 is a piece of crap. I guess that's the end of it
LMFAO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 08:32 AM
Senior Contributing Member

WOW this has turned into quite the bashing gentleman. Lets take a second and give the man a chance to explain his complaints.

Granted if he is indeed going through an automatic car wash shame on him first off, and secondly I have both a bmw and mercedes at home...also used to drive an audi. All cars have water riboons if you dont want them let the car dry fully before driving..its gonna happen.

The only complaint you made i have an issue with is the brake dust..cmon man they are massive performance brembos if you did expect brake dust i suggest reading up on performance aspects of vehicles before purchase. When you take a massive v8 stick it in a heavy suv creating loads of torque carrying alll that weight with huge breaks you had to of expected that...just saying

Hope all works out with the vehicle

Mods: Tuned by the TOONA
--Corsa exhaust/5''Bqwick tips--Mopar CAI-- Billet Tech Catch Can--180 T-STAT--Stoptech break pads--custom 1 off sidemoldings-Shorty Antenna--Stillens--Rear Fogs Wired--hid fogs 6k--Tints 30%-debadged--hideaway front plate--stant cap--chrome delete

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to TheSrt8power For This Useful Post:
jps043 (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 08:59 AM

On the brake dust keep a good coat of wax on the wheels and use Armor all wheel protectant spray after each wash. Problem solved. You could sneeze on the wheels and knock off the dust.

Any brand, and I mean ANY, builds some lemons. Just search the Bimmer and MB forums.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 06-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Yup that's what I do on my wheels for brake dust help is just throw a coat of synthetic NXT wax on them every once in a while. Wondering though how often is good to keep them waxed up and protected without over doing it? Every 3 months? 2 months? Also I've read that the wheel protector spray is safe for all surfaces but it creates a white residue on powder coated wheels when sprayed on and takes some elbow grease to get off. Is this true?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:15 AM

After a couple coats of Zaino on the wheels the brake dust doesn't accumulate as quickly and comes off faster too.

It would have been easier on us if the wheels were black though.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:34 AM

not for everyone

Obviously this truck is not for you. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.

Objective retort to follow:
We would love to see these chips in your rims. Most a pic. But let's be realistic, if you wanted to go burning through gravel roads, you probably shouldn't be doing it with a truck completely built to race. You should have stuck with the regular wrangler. That why I bought one of those too.

Break dust! Come on man. Look at vetts, rovers, jags, and any race car/truck with massive brembos. That isn't a complaint. They all do that. I do have to say that compared the my 09 jeep srt8, break dust has been cut way down and break caliper size has increased.

Leaks, no car is perfect. That's a small annoying gripe and an easy fix. I had it in many of my cars/trucks in the past. Definitely not good though. Let's not get to carried away with how dramatic it is.

Seats, I love them. I would gripe that they are better than my parents rovers though. Guess your butt is shaped oddly, but I think they are very nice. No numb butts for me on road trips.

Paddle shifters are loose, but haven't considered that as horrible and I have not heard the ting you hear. Go in a luxury car and many are plastic. I was impressed they were metal.

Carpet is no difference than what I have seen in other cars of all brands.

Water ribbons? Really?

Roll the window down in any car and shut the door. I have not heard one car with a solid close with the window down. Go to an auto show and you will notice that as you hop in and out of every car. Its because there is no support on the top of the window. Better yet, get into a rover sport and close the door with the window up, it sounds worse than when jeeps windows are down.

This jeep is not for you, and I would love to see what car would be. Guess you will just have to spend more $$$ and you will notice that for $60,000, this truck rocks. You will have those same problems in a truck for double the price. Then you will realize the gem that this Jeep is.

Sorry bud. Hope you find a brand you like. But, with those gripes, it is gonna be tough.
1980 Jeep CJ7, in line 6 Restored and for sale

Past Jeeps:
2007 SRT8
1995 Cherokee Country
1997 Cherokee Country (Upcountry)

Last edited by jeepsjeep; 06-06-2012 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:15 PM

This owner presented info on problems with a brand new jeep. Take it as info.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike05V View Post
On the brake dust keep a good coat of wax on the wheels and use Armor all wheel protectant spray after each wash. Problem solved. You could sneeze on the wheels and knock off the dust.

Any brand, and I mean ANY, builds some lemons. Just search the Bimmer and MB forums.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Put some ceramic dustless brake pads on it.
Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 AM

Performance brakes( we must live with the dust.. dam that dust)
Paddle shifter and window... go back to the dealer it it cover but it is annoying that is have to deal with it.
Car Wash... do your own wash and detail.. car wash destroys your paint..
I don't take my show car 1969 camaro to a car wash so u shouldn't either.
Good luck with your Jeep it is still a nice SUV
2009 Black SRT8GC Mods: Bwoody 4" CAI, Predator 93 CAI Tune, Billet Tech Catch Can, Pirelli Snow & Ice 265/295 on Black Replica 20" ( Winter tires and rims) Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 275/315 ( Summer Tires)
2013 BMW 535i M Package
2003 106" Fatboy ( faster than a SRT)
1969 Camaro Yenko 650hp
Old 10-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Even the WK2 owners can't get along...
One owner posts bad things then the other WK2 owners jump in to defend their purchases.

You don't even need a WK1 owner in this thread to stir it up
The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which unskilled people make poor decisions and reach erroneous conclusions, but their incompetence denies them the metacognitive ability to realize their mistakes.

"I'm a greedy old man. Life's been good to me, and I want some more of it."
John Wayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.