Bwoody Washer Tank Fix WK2 - Page 6 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK2 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK2 SRT8 Intake/Exhaust Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:00 PM

Sounds cool, do shot some pics when you can, I know the exhaust is taking your time now. I would love to get the cap to close like stock on the bottle, it looks kinda tacky right now, I'm just happy things work again and I don't have any error codes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Not the best pics. Getting dark and used the iPhone.

2012 WK2 SRT8 Mineral Gray | BT Catch Can | BT Underhood Goodies | Painted Engine Bay | Bwoody CAI | Custom Washer Setup | Shaved Jeep/Color Matched Liftgate Brow| Chrome Delete | Debadge-ReBadged | 5% Tint All Around | 78% Windshield Tint | Passport 9500ix | TLS Rear Fogs | 5k HID Fogs | 6k LED Running Lights | 8k Bi-Xenon | 6K LED Plate Lights | 6k Interior LED Swap | Borla ATAK | WK1 Borla Reso Swap | Matching eBrake Pedal | Trinity | Modified DS 93 Tune
SOLD 2007 Silver Jeep SRT8

The Following User Says Thank You to Mongoose9400 For This Useful Post:
Need4spdnb (07-11-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 08:28 PM

Thanks for the pics Zac. How does the new cap fit? Is it slightly loose like the stock, or a little more snug?
Old 07-11-2012, 08:45 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4spdnb View Post
Thanks for the pics Zac. How does the new cap fit? Is it slightly loose like the stock, or a little more snug?
Fits like the OEM, slightly loose. It stayed on just fine so far, so I'm not worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone 4S
Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

New washer reservoir

So after my initial washer tank that I custom fabbed failed due to heat breaking the plastic welds, I finally got together with my custom fab guy and got an aluminum tank made up that will work with the factory washer pump, I will get pics up once I get home. Still have to get it anodized to match the red on the catch can but it looks really nice from the pics I have seen!
2013 Shelby GT500 - Sold for my new project^^
Old 09-25-2012, 12:56 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveSRT View Post
So after my initial washer tank that I custom fabbed failed due to heat breaking the plastic welds, I finally got together with my custom fab guy and got an aluminum tank made up that will work with the factory washer pump, I will get pics up once I get home. Still have to get it anodized to match the red on the catch can but it looks really nice from the pics I have seen!
In for pics. I've been needing to find a local shop to do something similar but haven't had the time lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide
Old 09-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Yeah I finally got some time, definetly looks much better than the plastic crap we were stuck with before!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaperdude View Post
I tried to contact someone in Bwoody about a possible fix in the near future as to where we can get the same performance from both CAI and washer fluid tank, have not heard anything yet, anyone hear anything?
Hey guys, I assume no change to the setup from Bwoody in the last couple of months? Still amazed no other mod-free, bolt-in ram-air options around..

Also, with this mod, do you need any of the Bwoody harness that comes with their ($65) bottle? (Apologies if missed it in the thread) Finally, I assume the ($33) Drycharger is worthwhile to assist with any water splashes down there, or does it compromise performance?

Cheers heaps for this and looking forward to seeing your fabbed one Steve!
RHD MY13 Mineral - "Grey Wolf". 22x10.5 Vertinis | 305/35 Vreds | 20% tint front | Smoked tails | De/Rebadged | Borla S-Type | De-kinked zorst | Eibach Rears | Moroso Catchcan | BWoody CAI awaiting fitment).
Old 10-08-2012, 09:03 PM
The Traveler
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono392 View Post
Hey guys, I assume no change to the setup from Bwoody in the last couple of months? Still amazed no other mod-free, bolt-in ram-air options around..

Also, with this mod, do you need any of the Bwoody harness that comes with their ($65) bottle? (Apologies if missed it in the thread) Finally, I assume the ($33) Drycharger is worthwhile to assist with any water splashes down there, or does it compromise performance?

Cheers heaps for this and looking forward to seeing your fabbed one Steve!
No change in the bwoody from what I have seen.

I have seen they changed some of the options when you go to order the CAI. One of which you pointed out, the washer option for $65. If you want to do something like I did then you can order the CAI without the washer kit from bwoody. BUT, you would need to cut the factory connectors off the harness and add some wire to lengthen them. Not a big deal IMO.

Yes, the Dry Charger is a must IMO. The dry charger doesn't really impede performance at all. It adds another layer of protection to keep the water from getting past the filter. The dry charger won't help if you completely submerge the filter in water. It just helps keep the filter dry.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mongoose9400 For This Useful Post:
Bono392 (10-08-2012)
Old 10-08-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bono392 View Post
Still amazed no other mod-free, bolt-in ram-air options around..
Edit that... After a quick google, just realised there is another one by a turbo crew, including a washer bottle change. Assume not discussed as they not living life in the fastlane as a supporting vendor... (Best for discussion elsewhere I realise, was just acknowledging my mistake )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
bwoody, washer tank, windshield

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.