Turbo Kit!!!! - Page 4 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Having a pipe bolting up to the stock manis and having the Turbos near the bell housing is exactly like a lot of G8 and GTO kits did them. System was very minimal and it worked well. I'd be down for sure, twin gt35r's would get the trick done under there.
Show: TLS Harness
Tint, HID's.
-'01 T/A WS6
Twin Turbo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManHunter View Post
Im planning kn spending way less than 7k. The most expensive parts of a turbo kit are the turbo, wg, bov, and injectors. Now the question is when are you coming to CA to tune my rig when its done? hahaha
good luck trying to spending less than 7k if you can tell me how to do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrek@Stage6 For This Useful Post:
autenb (04-20-2012), ManHunter (04-19-2012)
Old 04-20-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUCKTOWNSRT8 View Post
My kit bolts to the stock manifolds. All we would have to do is copy it. Stage 6 baby!
I'm subscribing... because I'm interested to see the new "kit"

But... offering up Stage 6's design is bad form homie.
You go to a shop, have them hook you up. They do what I'm sure is a top notch job, and you offer up their work for ppl to get up on like a cheap hooker. Come on now, have a little respect for the guys doing the work and supporting us. If another shop wants to build a kit, let them come up with their own design.
First build: Black '08 ~500HP. 7.4 8th mi. D1SC Procharged@ ~9.5# w/ 3.5" pulley & a Stage II Valve Body. R1 Concepts Slotted Rotors / Stainless Works Catback / Dual Walbro 255's / 80# Injectors / Nitto Invo 295/315's /Kalbones Custom Hitch
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to autenb For This Useful Post:
Harrison@Stage6 (04-20-2012), JerseyBoy@Stage6 (04-20-2012), jkalbin (05-03-2012), kokanee13 (04-20-2012)
Old 04-20-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by autenb View Post

You go to a shop, have them hook you up. They do what I'm sure is a top notch job, and you offer up their work for ppl to get up on like a cheap hooker. Come on now, have a little respect for the guys doing the work and supporting us. If another shop wants to build a kit, let them come up with their own design.

Thanks but i didn't know Stage6 could only make a turbo kit under the hood? Im not going to copy their design, there's more than one way to skin a cat like some one posted earlier. To get things straight, i didn't get a stage6 turbo kit installed and now am trying to copy it and make a profit. Just had an idea with a buddy of mine that a kit could be made that could be affordable for some other people out there that don't have to shell out 7-9k. Who knows My buddy and I could be the next shop in CA to have a turbo kit available .

I'll def keep you guys posted with pix when its being made.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:29 AM

I quoted Chuck because I was responding to Chuck. That statement was directed at him.
As for your efforts, go on with your bad self. I hope u get it goin'. Keep us posted. (hence ehy I subscribed)
I know there are shops all over the country that can do the piping. I know 3 with in about 15 minutes of my place here in VA. But someones gonna have to tune it. and the list of people who I would trust to do that is very short.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:36 AM

Quote:
I quoted Chuck because I was responding to Chuck. That statement was directed at him.
As for your efforts, go on with your bad self. I hope u get it goin'. Keep us posted. (hence ehy I subscribed)
I know there are shops all over the country that can do the piping. I know 3 with in about 15 minutes of my place here in VA. But someones gonna have to tune it. and the list of people who I would trust to do that is very short.
I know your comment wasnt for me . I just wanted to put that out there so people dont get the wrong idea on what im trying to do here. Thanks cant wait to start
Old 04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,180 Posts
Garage
If you plan on using quality parts, you're looking at 5400-6000 in just parts alone with a journal bearing turbo and piping man. That's not even including labor. Good luck to you. There are a lot of little things that you're not taking into consideration. To sell them at your price goal, you'll be making these kits for free for people. Good luck.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
If you plan on using quality parts, you're looking at 5400-6000 in just parts alone with a journal bearing turbo and piping man. That's not even including labor. Good luck to you. There are a lot of little things that you're not taking into consideration. To sell them at your price goal, you'll be making these kits for free for people. Good luck.

I guess we will find out!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Elite Contributing Member

Quote:

I was talking about stage 6 copying it smartass! Thanks for putting words in my mouth, douche!
Stage 6 Turbocharged 6.1L Silver Jeep SRT8. PWR 419 9.5:1 built for boost/ PWR Mean Street Heads/ Ported Intake/AR 90mm/ PWR Turbo cam/ SHR Tranny/ FTI 3200 Stall Converter. Tuned by Jerseyboy 10.54 @130mph on 12 psi on stock bottom end. Stroker #'s coming soon!. Ballin on a budget!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by CHUCKTOWNSRT8; 04-20-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Elite Contributing Member

If you're going cheap, do it CHEAP. Chinese turbos are like 400 on eBay, universal piping kits are super cheap too, buy 2 of them. WG and BOV can come from there too. People have been building junkyard turbo kits for a decade now. If you have the resources and the knowledge and you're willing to work with cheap materials and cheap parts you could be running for 4k, no problem.

OTOH, guys driving 40k trucks don't want a $2k turbo kit blowing up their shit, or spraying oil all over the place or having cracked welds and so on. The guys on here selling kits are using premium parts and materials and tuning. I think if the jig idea was working for anyone the kits would be cheaper, but I guess that isn't feasible, so we just have to drop off the rig with a handful of cash and pick up a beast from the shop of your choice.

Good luck man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.