Who makes the best Catchcan? - Page 3 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Performance Discussion > WK1 Intake/ Exhaust Discussion

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,180 Posts
Garage
Well, if you REALLY want to know who makes the best... the answer is we do. Ours don't recirc. back into the intake at all. You'll never get any oil in your intake again. Ours vent to atmosphere. Some people don't care of it though b/c of the environment...... but yet, look at what we drive!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 11:01 AM
CROW HUNTER
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison@Stage6 View Post
Well, if you REALLY want to know who makes the best... the answer is we do. Ours don't recirc. back into the intake at all. You'll never get any oil in your intake again. Ours vent to atmosphere. Some people don't care of it though b/c of the environment...... but yet, look at what we drive!
+1....I swapped from my bt and the stage6 can is much more efficient. Checked after 3k miles and barely any oil in the bottom and no residue on my throttlebody or puddles in my intake. Not knocking bt as it is a good catch can for the price and works for the wide range of applications.
2006 Inferno Red SRT8 Jeep--12.7@104---my first love taken from me
Old 04-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Major Contributing Member

Quote:
Got a picture of it installed?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Live For Today!!!
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
+1. it takes some getting used to seeing smoke coming from under the hood..not alot of smoke though. looks badass as well. unfortunently i dont have a good pic of it and i cant exactly go outside and take one given where i am. lol

Jerseyboy Tuning

Paramount Performance

The First STAGE6 Twin Turbo Jeep And First Jeep With TWINS UP FRONT!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:03 PM
CROW HUNTER
Premium Member

Here ya go....
Attached Thumbnails
ImageUploadedByAutoguide1334167366.529776.jpg   ImageUploadedByAutoguide1334167405.073486.jpg  
Old 04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Administrator
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Is this a problem for emissions testing? Kinda reminds me of the old blow by tube.

Bernie

2005 300C SRT8 - #72 of 252 (excl. 11 pilots) - #10 of 35 Canadian SRT8's built
2008 Harley Davidson FLSTF Fatboy - Vance & Hines Big Shots STGD with FuelPak tune.
2008 Jeep GC SRT8 - Custom Build/Custom Delivered by SRT - 1 of 1 in Canada
Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 PM
Supporting Vendor
Lifetime Premium Member

Thanked 2,489 Times in 1,180 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT8_Paratrooper View Post
+1. it takes some getting used to seeing smoke coming from under the hood..not alot of smoke though. looks badass as well. unfortunently i dont have a good pic of it and i cant exactly go outside and take one given where i am. lol
Yours shouldn't smoke anymore when you get it back. Plus yours is a custom one off.

Bernie, it isn't really an emissions issue persay, it just doesn't recirculate it. It has a filter on the top and it vents it to the atmosphere.

Last edited by Harrison@Stage6; 04-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harrison@Stage6 For This Useful Post:
Rambit (04-11-2012), SRT8_Paratrooper (04-12-2012)
Old 04-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Major Contributing Member

The BT can doesnt recirc the oil itself but rather the filtered air back into the Case. A recirc unit such as a crawford Air/Oil seperator actually filteres the oil from the case and drains its back into the oil pan ( ran one of these on my STi as the forged pistons have knarly blow by on cold start ) have since swapped for a custom system similair to Stage6's set up.. I like not having to empty my can : )
08' Sierra Denali - 6" BDF Lift
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Jeep View Post
Best looking - Billet Tech

Functioning / ease of use - Moroso all the way...the drain valve can't be beat for a quick no mess solution...

Just my 2 cents...I've had both, they all work well.
Thanks for the compliment on looks. Im sure the Moroso Can works well too. Matter of fact I bet you you open up that Can.You will see a two chambered top. Wonder where they got that idea from ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by erald01 View Post
I guess I am the outcast BUT I use Elite Engineering and no problems with it.
Elite makes a nice Can for sure.. No quarrels there. Folks were using the elite before we were around but found it a pita to mount etc. Most wanted a plug and p[lay and that's where we stepped in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsoIsh08 View Post
That's no good. But thinking about it I think your right Bernie. I did however find 2 part #s P5156019 and P5156020. They are usless since this is not happening. One was silver the other was black both with the blue mopar logo on top. BT has to know why it's not happening since they where trying to work something out right?

If your still looking for a catch can pick one up from BT. Looks good, simple to clean, very easy to install and it's worth the money. + they are a vender on this site so easy to get a hold of.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Thanks for the compliments. Mopar is working out some emission/carb laws right now. Once worked out we hope to be righ back on track. But only time will tell.. BUt the Can they want is the same Can we have been making sense 2007 for the moden Hemi.

Quote:
Yours shouldn't smoke anymore when you get it back. Plus yours is a custom one off.

Bernie, it isn't really an emissions issue persay, it just doesn't recirculate it. It has a filter on the top and it vents it to the atmosphere.
Cool just like the old school puke tanks.

You can actually do the same thing with any brand can. Just plug off the one hose and add a $10.00 filter on the other end.

10.06@138
Charger SRT-8

Modern Muscle/PWR 393.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:52 PM
Senior Contributing Member

kinda something like this..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Moroso-85473...11a96d&vxp=mtr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.