Jeep SRT8 Turbo Road Testing - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

» Auto Insurance

Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > WK1 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Discussion (2006-2010) > WK1 SRT8 General Discussion

WK1 SRT8 General Discussion This section contains general discussion relating to the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Banned

Jeep SRT8 Turbo Road Testing

Last edited by John Hennessey; 07-19-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Senior Contributing Member

Re: Jeep SRT8 Turbo Road Testing

Ive heard a lot of negative things about Hennessey lately. The only reason im bringing it up is because Im sure some of the GCSRT8 guys wouldnt want this to happen to them.
Shed some light on these statements by customers:

"Hennessey is a fraud, as if not delivering cars on time wasn't bad enough, if my memory serves correctly, many of the cars he had sent to journalists and magazines for testing have been plagued with reliability issues, some of them puking during shake down runs, not even lasting long enough to be properly tested"

"I am sure many of you know who John Hennessey is? He is a reputable performance car builder who has built several "legendary" Viper, Corvette, and some other vehicles. But he is also known for scamming some rich folks. Many has warned to stay away from him. Hennessey have been sued by FedEX, UPS, and past clients for unpaid debts"

"Hennessey has a tendency to take the vehicle and the cash, and then never give the vehicle back. Or if he does, nothing has been done to it. I read one account where Hennessey pulled parts off a guy's Viper, sold the parts, and then put the car in the corner of his shop and never touched it again"

"Come on! Isn't it obvious to everyone out there yet? Hennessey scams the little guys and the out of staters who are less likely to show up at his door with a bat and sucks up in a major league way to the magazines. They're free advertising for him! Of course he builds great cars for the reviews"

"This point is almost not worth talking about anymore, but since it was brought up here goes. I have found John to be a crook, liar and have the worst customer service I have ever witnessed in any company. Can he build a fast car? Of course. With a competent staff most shops can. Does he have his customers best interests at heart? Just listen to so many of his former customers and you will know the answer. Does he know how to get his face in the mags? It's the one thing he's personally good at. Hopefully due process will take over and HMS will be a thing of the past."

Hennessey Has Customer Arrested:
"This tops it all Viper fans.... I'm the customer of John Hennessey's that paid for a Venom 650 package plus Brembo Racing brakes, a Penske 2 way suspension , and roll bar but only received about $11,000 of a $38,000 order in an 8 month span. I know you all are tired of the posts but please read on, it gets pretty interesting.
I planned a trip to California for pleasure on a private jet and was told we had to stop in Houston for fuel so I thought I might stop in at HMS to see for myself the man that ripped me off and what his plans to settle up were face to face. I called ahead of time and left a message under a different name as a new customer so John would show up, when we got there his mechanic said to come back in an hour so we went for lunch and came
Back. I brought a video camera so I could get the meeting on tape, when John showed up he saw new customers and $$$$$ so he put on his "Good Ole Boy" smile and welcomed us in. Once inside he notice the camera and asked me to turn it off , I said no and then told him who I really was and that I wanted a straight up answer what he planned to do. You should have seen his face, like deer in headlights he had nothing to say except get out or he would call the police. I refused and demanded an answer but John just stood there like a gutless man and would not talk and called the cops for trespassing. So after repeated non-threatening attempts to get him to talk he asked me and my brother-in-law if we were gay , I replied "Yeah and I'm gonna throw you over that car and f*ck you up the azz like you have been f*cking me for 8 months" , little did I know that comment would be considered a "TERRORISTIC THREAT" , (one of John famous claims) anyway we decided to wait for the police so I could report him for theft , we waited 40 minutes for the cops to come and when they finally came I ran out of tape in the camera and missed the most unbelievable part. The cop listened to John’s side of the story first and said he would hear us after, that didn't happen once John told him about the so-called "Terroristic Treat" within minutes we were both in cuffs in the back of the police car under arrest for trespassing and terroristic threat. The cop would not hear our side and told us we were going to jail and wouldn't even watch the tape, we tried to reason with him but his last name was Walker and he thought he was Chuck Norris Texas Ranger," you’re in cuffs, in my car, I'm writing, and you’re goin to jail". After sitting outside HMS in cuffs for over 30 minutes we were on our way to the Houston City Jail, my camera was taken by the arresting office and we were sent to booking. Two white boys from Florida with a Bullshit arrest , we were shuffled around , stripped of our belongings , finger printed and sent to a holding cell full of non- white- non Florida boys that were all under arrest for real crimes , drug dealers , buyers , thieves , assault , and a murderer to top it off. After 10 hours in jail and a few phone calls later we posted bail for $1,500 and back on the street at 2 in the morning with an impounded rental
Car, no change of clothes and no bed. It is now 12:30 pm and we are in flight to California looking back at the day and planning our next trip back to Houston. We went from the Penthouse to the Shithouse in less than 3 hours but now were back in the Penthouse and Hennessey bought some time but the fact remains Johnny still owes $27,000 and if it costs me 10 times that in lawyer fees I will make sure Hennessey gets the same smelly *** cell that I got.

P.S. "Mr. Crack sellin Murderer what do you do when a fat little red headed Viper tuner thief gets put in YOUR holding cell? (In my best Chris Rock voice) The first thing I do is make ‘em TOSS MY SALAD!!!

What do you prefer John? Jelly or Syrup..?????"

Go to Viper Club of America and type in Hennessey in the search and read all the stories...If youre thinking about getting this Hennessey turbo kit Id definitely read up on some of these stories...
Old 07-16-2006, 06:59 PM

His reputation is fairly well known among those that walk in these circles and it's not good. Unless your income is disposable and you don't give a crap who you give your money to, I wouldn't touch a thing Hennessey sells.

I've no personal experience with the man, but a visit to any viper or vette forum will yield a tonne of material on experiences with this fella, more than enough to ensure I never spend a penny or a thought on him or his business.

Why would I risk my time and money on him vs dealing with folks with a reputation beyond reproach, of which, there are many.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:45 PM

thank you i will not be dealing with hennessey
Old 07-16-2006, 08:13 PM
Banned

I would post this on the ****** forum. I knew this idiot was a crook when he posted 16hp after removing the SRT8 Jeep rear resonators.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

Hennessey has had some problems in the past but he is on a number of our other forums (and has been for quite some time) and has had an excellent reputation. Please search for his name at the following sites and make an informed decision for yourself.

http://www.srt10forum.com
http://www.300cforums.com
http://www.chargerforums.com
Old 07-16-2006, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Stanko
I would post this on the ****** forum. I knew this idiot was a crook when he posted 16hp after removing the SRT8 Jeep rear resonators.
I have never posted that and never posted on the ****** forum.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:35 PM

I know someone who sent his Viper to HPE with no problems, and I've read many good things also. I guess you just have to get all the info you can and decide for yourself.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Premium Member
Premium Member

those are some strong claims. And he didnt refute them either, Maybe I ll think twice before removing my resonators
Old 07-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchable

those are some strong claims. And he didnt refute them either, Maybe I ll think twice before removing my resonators
I refute all that BS. I refute the moderators and site owner/operator for allowing harrassing and unsubstaniated bs with no first hand knowledge to be posted on here. it is slanderous and libelous.

and we will hold any such person or business accountable for stating or allowing this to happen or continue to happen.

John Hennessey
Hennessey Performance Engineering
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.