How often do you wash/wax - Page 5 - Cherokee SRT8 Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Go Back   Cherokee SRT8 Forum > Detailing Forum > Detailing Discussion

Detailing Discussion This area is for sharing your knowledge, techniques and products used or ask questions related to interior & exterior detailing.

CherokeeSRT8.com is the premier Jeep Cherokee Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmspero View Post
Then this may really make you crazy. My kids wash moms car 2 times a year. Once in the spring and once in the summer. The wheels in the pictures are stock. Not blacked-out aftermarket wheels. When I had to replace the front tires, the tire guy seemed very disappointed and told my wife that she should really take better care of the wheels. To which my wife replied, "I have less of a chance getting stopped with a dirty car rather than a glistening one"...
WOW!!! Just saying...

I haven't washed my 01 since early July. But, its garage kept under a cover and has only driven about 150 miles since July. Keep it clean!

Dave
Weekend Toy: 2001 Ford Lightning #186 Silver: Intake, Tuned, Catback, Ported Eaton w/ silencer holes filled, D/S Loop, Lowered 1"/2", Nitto 555 tires, Functional shaker hood, Custom Pinstriping. 4lb lower in the garage.

Daily Driver: 1994 Ford Lightning #646 Black: Long tubes into Flowmasters... Slow

Last edited by Dave88; 09-22-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 AM

Wash twice a week
wax once a month (every two weeks if you live in say fl/cali)
claybar every three months
Old 04-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Lifetime Premium Member

not often enough. I did just get a nice detail, but they left some of the white residue in a few spots. I used the Turtle Wax Black box on the Jeep and was very pleased with the results. Really liked that it didn't leave a white residue on the trim, obviously. Pretty easy coming off. Enjoyed the product.

I did win Best SRT8 Powered vehicle at the Mopars at the Lake in our local Mopar club's annual meet. Trophy and all so something worked.

SHR motor and War Viking Transmission, Apache heads
ProPower Performance Cam, Twin Turbo Creations boosted,
Progress like a federal highway....

Old 04-18-2012, 09:45 PM
Major Contributing Member

I've got a monthly wash club card a Fullers for their ultimate wash and go there
at least 4 times weekly. When the paint washes off I'm gonna wrap in flat black.
mph 117.5,
60ft..1.53
MODS: SHR/2800 stall, Vreds, BTcan, cat back, wavetrac, meth, fluidyne, QA1's, R1's, Bwoody, DC Badges DemonProcharger DaToonA ain't Frikn around.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1xafphyRDE
Old 04-19-2012, 06:44 AM
Lifetime Premium Member
Lifetime Premium Member

I try to at least twice a week. I always check the weather.

Roll Out!!

Roll Out!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 AM

I wash the 300 once / week and sometimes every other depending on how dirty it gets. It's silver, so a great color for DD. I typically spend my time with washing, spray detail, tires, interior...so it takes me forever. 4 vehichles and I'm the only one washing them is a constant chore. Seems like I'm always washing a car on the weekend...

The Jeep and Viper are parked in the garage and are always clean. They aren't daily driven, so I only wash them once or twice / month (if that).

The DD Acura 3.2 TL hasn't been washed all year and I don't think I've ever waxed it. It's a light blue / grey color and hides dirt well. It's supposed to rain today...so I'll count that as a wash...LOL! I can't stand a dirty vehicle either, but let it slide for the Ac.

Last edited by Next Phase; 04-19-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 AM
Senior Contributing Member

Granted your wifes intention was in the right place but car washes will destroy your paint.

I ONR the Jeep about twice a week and apply sealant about once every 8-12 weeks.

I've never taken it though a car wash and beacuse of this my paint is still near perfect and i've never had to polish it.
Deez
Old 04-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Post whoring since 2011
Premium Member

If my jeep moves it gets washed. I walk to work but it's kept in an underground parking garage (lots of dust). Washed a bare minimum of twice a week. Never waxed it to be perfectly honest. That's not something I have ever done but maybe I should!.
Procharged D-1 @ 8 psi, SHR trans, Wavetrac rear diff, Converter,PWR Cam, kooks headers, Corsa exhaust, fore innovations hat, cf from black ops and dual projector headlights/Fogs from DC Customs. PWR 393 and ? #'s of boost come spring .
Old 05-01-2012, 11:12 AM

justbhappy

I have a new srt8 in Grey it gets dirty fast. Maybe once a week I take it to the car wash and use colinite sealer wax twice a year on it. The brake dust on the front brakes builds up in one hour, nothing I can do.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Elite Contributing Member

wash once a month, spray detail once or twice a month, wax once or twice a year. clay / compound as needed.

this regimen seems to work well: people don't believe me when i tell them the rig is 6 years old.

Last edited by promo718; 05-01-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cherokee SRT8 Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.